2013 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zeph
zeph

Re: 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos

Well done, RBR. Even a botched up pitstop wouldn't rob them off a 1-2.

I deem the drive-thru penalty for Hamilton too harsh. It was a racing incident, and I think it was definitely a hare-brained move by Bottas.

Sorry to not see Massa higher up in his last race for Ferrari.

Glad this season is over. As boring as the Schuey years. See y'all next season!

langwadt
langwadt

Jonnycraig wrote:
Holm86 wrote:Vettel should be penalized for running the white pitlane stripe on the last lap. It should be equal for everyone. And massa got one.
They can give him a warning, like Massa & Webber. Massa got one. It should be equal for everyone .
Didn't they say there would be no more warnings after Massa got his? and right when Massa took his penalty
they showed Button with all four wheel inside the line too

but the white line is mostly a safety issue in case someone is entering the pitlane slowly, so it would be harsh
to give a dt for crossing it on the last lap it it was the only time

mikeerfol

What a race from Button, from 14th to 4th :D

Helios

mikeerfol wrote:What a race from Button, from 14th to 4th :D
And still McLaren's worst season since 1966 :D

langwadt
langwadt

henra wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote: :lol: :lol: . Thankfully the stewards are a bit more impartial.
Even though it might have been prudent and a good idea of Hamilton to avoid to go knife fighting with a lapped driver, I think the penalty is rather harsh. There was space left even though Hamilton pushed towards Bottas. so the incident could have been avoided by both drivers. To me that says racing incident.
No good marks for cleverness to Hamilton, though.
yeh it was a bit harsh, looking at the video Ham is looking at the apex so he didn't see Bottas, There was lots of space for Bottas to move and he was looking at Ham

mikeerfol

Helios wrote:
What's that to do with Button's performance today? :?:

ringo

langwadt wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
Holm86 wrote:Vettel should be penalized for running the white pitlane stripe on the last lap. It should be equal for everyone. And massa got one.
They can give him a warning, like Massa & Webber. Massa got one. It should be equal for everyone .
Didn't they say there would be no more warnings after Massa got his? and right when Massa took his penalty
they showed Button with all four wheel inside the line too

but the white line is mostly a safety issue in case someone is entering the pitlane slowly, so it would be harsh
to give a dt for crossing it on the last lap it it was the only time
Cutting it too much also gives a time advantage. It's basically cutting the track to shorten the run and can be a good defense against DRS. In Vettel's case i don't think he gets a penalty, because he's not defending, and he's not even being challenged anyway for lap time.
The safety factor also plays in, as the wall is there, and there's the potential to hit car slowing down to enter the pits.
For Sure!!

Helios

mikeerfol wrote:
Helios wrote:
What's that to do with Button's performance today? :?:
It has got to do with Button's performance for most of the season. But I was just trolling you, I admit. :wink:

Juzh

GJ by RB and Vettel for their incredible performance. Even webber showed some racing spirit.

Mr Alcatraz

ringo wrote:
Traction wrote:
Well done to Newey he is truly the boss of bosses!!!! , brilliant brilliant, brilliant...one of the true greats to grace the F1 arena...he might make the best car on the track..but he makes it the best and takes it to levels no one else can..to watch him is to watch perfection...
Fixed :mrgreen:
Well stated mate ;)
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

wesley123
wesley123

Traction wrote:Not the first time in his career Lewis demonstrating lack of spatial awareness..
Yep, shame on him. Thankfully you are there to point him out, because your favorite driver never did such a thing and would never do so!!
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mikeerfol

Helios wrote: It has got to do with Button's performance for most of the season. But I was just trolling you, I admit. :wink:
Oh you don't say :wink: :P

AnthonyG

I don't understand how RB can be so good for Vettel from an organizational point of view compared to Webber.
If it were Webber stuck in the pits, I'm quite sure they would have instructed Vettel to continue driving another lap. (and yes I know they were covering a SC)
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

AnthonyG wrote:I don't understand how RB can be so good for Vettel from an organizational point of view compared to Webber.
If it were Webber stuck in the pits, I'm quite sure they would have instructed Vettel to continue driving another lap. (and yes I know they were covering a SC)
Eh? Webber lost nothing by stacking behind Vettel and ultimately gained 6 seconds.

komninosm
komninosm

Jonnycraig wrote:
AnthonyG wrote:I don't understand how RB can be so good for Vettel from an organizational point of view compared to Webber.
Eh? Webber lost nothing by stacking behind Vettel and ultimately gained 6 seconds.
Actually Webber lost a few seconds compared to Alonso (it doesn't matter if he gained compared to Vettel for obvious logical reasons), but it was impossible to tell Webber to stay out, because Vettel's problem was only evident after Webber had already entered the pit lane or anyway they had no way of knowing if it would be solved in 5 seconds or 10.
Last edited by komninosm on 24 Nov 2013, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.