Shame on you mr Button

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Spencifer_Murphy

I never heard of him getting into a fight in a pub. If it did happen I probly didnt hear about it cos its gossip news. Besides, if he did get into a pub fight....so what? Sure its not right when ure in the public eye all the time...but Jenson isnt a thug. If he got into a pub fight it must be worth fighting for.

Example...if someone abuses your friend, wife or girlfriend etc... whether ur in the public eye or not you do what u gotta do. Okay sure ideally one must have restraint. But when sumthing really angers you...you cant help it. Take schumi vs DC at Spa in 1998...Schumi could...SHOULD have kept his kool...but he was angry. Its happens.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

manchild
manchild

Yes, Spa gave me several nice moments when it matters “King of the Ardennes???”

1996, 1998, 2005

:wink:

Alexis
Alexis

I'm not really sure about that fighting but my sister said me once that F1 pilots are the biggest idiots on earth. I asked her why and she said an F1 pilot had thrown an empty beer bottle towards James Bourne's (my sister's big idol) head because they were after the same girl. She showed me the article and indeed it was written in it. I rode this article again this morning but I have to admit that the Belgian "Joepie" is a very very very unrialiable source. And of course throwing a bottle at someone is not really figting. Apologies to the JB fans for that.

I'm not against the person JB, I like his driving style but I don't want him to behave like that (if he really did behave like that) because it's not good for my brother-sister relation :D .
Show that you're a loser with a lot of money who can't get a racing license, drive the Gumball 3000...

Surry fer mai bed Hinglish

Spencifer_Murphy

LOL...yeah but just because one idiotic F1 driver may have thrown a bottle doesnt make them all idiots. I mean, Schumi got his drive in a Jordan at Spa in 1991 becuas ethe Jordan Driver he was substituting forwas in jail! Doesnt mean that all Drivers are criminals.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Steven
Owner

hehe seen this one already... :D :D
The 'Mirror' reports that Button passed out at 4am at a party for the recent MTV awards in Portugal. He was 'going full throttle on a boozy night,' read the article.

Another newspaper quoted former fiancé Louise as revealing that JB dumped her so he could 'indulge himself' and date 'loads of other women'.

In yet another tabloid, the 'Sunday Mirror', Button was spotted at a hotel after the MTV awards and admitted that he was sharing a room with a 'female friend'.

The BAR driver told the newspaper: 'You're not going to print her name are you? I'm young and I'm having a good time.

'What's the harm in that?'
http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=13567

manchild
manchild

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:LOL...yeah but just because one idiotic F1 driver may have thrown a bottle doesnt make them all idiots. I mean, Schumi got his drive in a Jordan at Spa in 1991 becuas ethe Jordan Driver he was substituting forwas in jail! Doesnt mean that all Drivers are criminals.
Bertrand Gachot was stuck in custody by London police because he used self-defense spray during quarrel with London taxi driver. Shuey got his seat because Mercedes paid large amount to Jordan for one race only.

f1.redbaron

Alexis wrote:I'm not really sure about that fighting but my sister said me once that F1 pilots are the biggest idiots on earth. I asked her why and she said an F1 pilot had thrown an empty beer bottle towards James Bourne's (my sister's big idol) head because they were after the same girl. She showed me the article and indeed it was written in it. I rode this article again this morning but I have to admit that the Belgian "Joepie" is a very very very unrialiable source. And of course throwing a bottle at someone is not really figting. Apologies to the JB fans for that.

I'm not against the person JB, I like his driving style but I don't want him to behave like that (if he really did behave like that) because it's not good for my brother-sister relation :D .
You shouldn't generalize things like that. OK, let's just assume that the article is correct, can you really say that every driver is like that?

As far as drinking goes, look at it this way - JB is young and rich. He obviously loves to have fun, to be surrounded by hot girls, etc. He has chosen that kind of lifestyle, and that is his choice. I get pissed off when I hear TV commentators talking about what Kimi does during his spare time. Why do they care? Is that affecting his performance on a Sunday afternoon? No! So why talk about it?

P.S. I've read how F1 drivers don't, usually, hold liquor very well. So him getting drunk could've been caused by no more than 2-3 beers. Again, it all depends on an individual.

Alexis
Alexis

f1.redbaron wrote:You shouldn't generalize things like that. OK, let's just assume that the article is correct, can you really say that every driver is like that?
Of course not but that's what my motorsports hating sister says, not me! I don't think it's very logical that I, as an F1 fan think F1 drivers are criminals.

And of course they can amuse themselves and go out, but the press writing such things makes the big public have bad images about F1 pilots and motorsports in general.
Show that you're a loser with a lot of money who can't get a racing license, drive the Gumball 3000...

Surry fer mai bed Hinglish