Red Bull RB10 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Tim.Wright

Re: Red Bull RB10 Pre-launch Speculation

scarbs wrote:I've also heard the RB10 will have a different nose to my drawing and it is a solution thats been talked about on this forum.
Yes! I knew I was onto a winner here:
Tim.Wright wrote:I think its pretty clear which direction Red Bull will go:

Not the engineer at Force India

Juzh

hahahaha

tuj
tuj

Is that modeled after Newey's finger? Clearly he is the most aerodynamic on the design team... :lol:

PlatinumZealot

Now, that's really funny right there! The sad part is they could actually get away with it and still be two seconds faster than the rest of the field.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

β˜„οΈ Myth of the five suns. β˜„οΈ

β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ
LxVxFxHxN

Zava
Zava

scarbs wrote:
Owen.C93 wrote: I did hear that RBR have done something slightly different to the new nose regs. The guy isn't huge on F1Tech but he said it did look different from Scarb's drawing. We've seen lots of teams run basic launch cars at the first test and I expect this to be even more common while they sort out the engines before homologation which is after the first or second test I believe.
I've also heard the RB10 will have a different nose to my drawing and it is a solution thats been talked about on this forum.
which one exactly?

Gridlock

I'm sure Scarbs knows and just forgot to say :roll:

PlatinumZealot

scarbs wrote:
Owen.C93 wrote: I did hear that RBR have done something slightly different to the new nose regs. The guy isn't huge on F1Tech but he said it did look different from Scarb's drawing. We've seen lots of teams run basic launch cars at the first test and I expect this to be even more common while they sort out the engines before homologation which is after the first or second test I believe.
I've also heard the RB10 will have a different nose to my drawing and it is a solution thats been talked about on this forum.
Yeah, very likely. Newey likes to keep designs simple and predictable.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

β˜„οΈ Myth of the five suns. β˜„οΈ

β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ
LxVxFxHxN

stefan_
stefan_

Is that the middle finger? :)
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

stefan_ wrote:Is that the middle finger? :)
Has to be Vettel's.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

void

After Jordan shark nose, we can have a elephant snout or a anteater nose!

trinidefender
trinidefender

n smikle wrote:
scarbs wrote:
Yeah, very likely. Newey likes to keep designs simple and predictable.
Likes to keep designs simple and predictable? Seriously does that even make sense. The design is dictated purely by aero. It just so happens that many times the simple designs are the best ones.

TEHNOS

Zava wrote:
scarbs wrote:
which one exactly?

the EDGE
the EDGE

Is that legal?

I thought there could not be a hole in the nose except for driver cooling

Thunder

I don't see a Hole there.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

beelsebob
beelsebob

Thunders wrote:I don't see a Hole there.
It's above the "nose" and below the nose. Though if you replaced the two front wing supports with a single central one (which would likely be better for air flow, that would get rid of the hole.