Force India VJM07 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Shrieker

Re: Force India VJM07 Pre-launch Speculation

I think they've done a good job hiding the d1ck nose by painting it black, at least from side view...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

oT v1
oT v1

very nice livery!! nice to see some colour changes for the new 'era', I hope RB adopt the black instead of purple as well, would be beautiful! Still scared about the hidden nose :o

I'm surprised there isnt more red involved with the new sponsor.....instead they just get an rear wing endplate :\

EDIT: actually the 'Claro' isnt that well integrated, bit tacky
Last edited by oT v1 on 22 Jan 2014, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Bigger picture

ajprice
ajprice

That Claro logo looks a bit tacked on afterwards. They would have had the black, green and orange livery all sorted, then signed Perez and had to put a red Claro somewhere :mrgreen:

Thunder

Seems like there is a smooth Transition from the Vanity Panel to the Actual Nose. Not nearly as "dickish" as feared. Could look good.

Side View and Livery are amazing. 8)
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

zioture
zioture

first drawing of the nose

CBeck113
CBeck113

I have the feeling that the black to white transition is hiding the depth to the "extension", i.e. they used the joint of the wing supports to transfer to the thin section of the nose, aka B-Type, or "Zipfelnase" in Bavarian
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

diego1960

Livery looks great! About the nose, from the side it doesn't look bad, but I reserve my judgement until I see a front photo. Still, great to see the first car of 2014 revealed!

PS: The previous livery was awful, glad they changed.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

vas_04614
vas_04614

Looks nice....but will it be clearly visible under the lights (in night races)?

Holm86

diego1960 wrote:Livery looks great! About the nose, from the side it doesn't look bad, but I reserve my judgement until I see a front photo. Still, great to see the first car of 2014 revealed!

PS: The previous livery was awful, glad they changed.
IMO they went from the worst livery to one of the best. :-)

Blackout

I'm surprised it has an additional cooling intake above/behind the air-box, like an F138... there is no room for a Gbox or an ERS radiator behind the engine, because of the trubo and the exhaust...

Hail22

Blackout wrote:I'm surprised it has an additional cooling intake above/behind the air-box, like an F138... there is no room for a Gbox or an ERS radiator behind the engine, because of the trubo and the exhaust...
You never know...this could feed internal aero parts, feeding to the floor. We won't know clearly until the first test.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

SectorOne

Now that is one of the sexiest liveries i have ever seen in all of F1 history. Damn that looks good.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

FrukostScones

lovely! nice livery.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Italiano
Italiano

Stellar job, really nice to behold. Black is never a bad choice in an F1 livery. :D
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules