Force India VJM07 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zioture
zioture

Re: Force India VJM07 Pre-launch Speculation

My drawing of the Force India with the step
the step may be hidden from the wheel?

astracrazy
astracrazy

awesome livery. I think my new favourite (for now)

quiet a steep nose. obviously gone for the chassis ideas explained in this thread

still got quiet an undercut with them sidepods, i was expecting we would see the undercuts slightly reduced this year

f1316
f1316

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112222
"Our nose is a launch spec and later we will have an updated front end of the car, which potentially is quite different," said Green.

"We had to take quite a pragmatic view of it and say we've got to go testing so we've got to get a car out of the door.

"As much as we want to push the boundaries of the impact structure, because we know how important they are for the whole car, we don't have the resources to push it to the limit in our first iteration, so we need a banker.

"The nose that is on the launch car is a banker. We've got ourselves a car that we can go testing and racing with. Several weeks ago we started pushing the design boundaries because we think there's performance in it.

"There are new concepts coming through."

Thunder

If they only would show a different Angle. This Picture actually says next to nothing of Interest in regards of Design Choices (Nose, Rear Wing Support, Monkey Seat usage....). Just the Livery.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Holm86

f1316 wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112222
"Our nose is a launch spec and later we will have an updated front end of the car, which potentially is quite different," said Green.

"We had to take quite a pragmatic view of it and say we've got to go testing so we've got to get a car out of the door.

"As much as we want to push the boundaries of the impact structure, because we know how important they are for the whole car, we don't have the resources to push it to the limit in our first iteration, so we need a banker.

"The nose that is on the launch car is a banker. We've got ourselves a car that we can go testing and racing with. Several weeks ago we started pushing the design boundaries because we think there's performance in it.

I wonder if the noses will be this years development race.

f1316
f1316

Holm86 wrote:
f1316 wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112222

I wonder if the noses will be this years development race.
What occurs to me is that, whilst FI have taken this approach, the dramas at McLaren w/ crash tests were probably a result of them already pushing boundaries in terms of nose design.

Whilst you understand the FI inclination, you'd think what you're doing with the nose/fw would affect the whole rest of the car, so one wonders if it's such a great idea.

Henning
Henning

Are we still in Pre-launch Speculation phase or should we now have a concrete VJM-07 thread?

SilverArrow10

Is it me or does it look like it has a drag reduction system also. I thought the teams had stopped developing those things.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

FrukostScones

Henning wrote:Are we still in Pre-launch Speculation phase or should we now have a concrete VJM-07 thread?
I d say still pre-launch :D
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Blackout

Andy Green says the VJM07 is a bit too heavy...

https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 3710_o.jpg

:-k

tony77g
tony77g

miguelalvesreis
miguelalvesreis

The bargeboard on the left of the "Royal Challenge" Logo seems to be in the middle of the pod intake!?

zioture
zioture

the step hiding?

http://www.newsf1.it

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Damn... that definately looks like a penis nose design.

prince
prince

vas_04614 wrote:Looks nice....but will it be clearly visible under the lights (in night races)?
If it isn't, then it is a great advantage to have. Driver in front won't know someone is overtaking him. =D> :twisted: