Schumacher ski accident, coma and recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GrandAxe
GrandAxe

Re: Schumacher suffer serious head injury?

FrukostScones wrote:MSC is strong, he will survive and he will recover to live a normal life.
I really pray so.

ScottB
ScottB

Not to be cold, but rather like with Kubica, I think strength and fitness doesn't play a big role in the recovery chances from this sort of injury. We all just have to wait and see in the days and weeks ahead.

Certainly if he hasn't / doesn't require a second operation, then that's a good start.

F1NAC

it's time for 92nd win :!:

munudeges
munudeges

Unbelievable that someone who spent so long in Formula 1 has an accident like this, but that is sometimes the way of things. When you ski off-piste, especially with a lack of snow, that's the risk you take.

I was really quite pessimistic initially and still am a little, but there is absolutely no way he could have been attended to or treated any quicker. There are no 'what ifs' here I can see. We'll see what the next 48 to 72 hours bring.

Taqtix27

sitting here refreshing the site every few mins, anyone know what the best place for updates on his situation is? hope nothing but the best for him . weve lost too many racing legends too early already, please let him recover fully.
When in doubt, flat out! Mercedes AMG Petronas fan.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

I am really concerned and have been feeling sick about this since I heard the severity of the damage.

Hopefully Schumacher will make a full recovery, and as somebody who has had a cerebral haemorrhage related to a blood clot, I know it is a really unpleasant thing to go through. 4 years on and I am still not who I was before.

I am just going to keep my fingers crossed.

dibidibi
dibidibi

Wake up Schumi. We beleive you will do it again.

Everybody prays for you.

timbo
timbo

Taqtix27 wrote:sitting here refreshing the site every few mins, anyone know what the best place for updates on his situation is? hope nothing but the best for him . weve lost too many racing legends too early already, please let him recover fully.
At this point it's better that we don't have any updates before planned press release next morning.

Callum

Taqtix27 wrote:sitting here refreshing the site every few mins, anyone know what the best place for updates on his situation is? hope nothing but the best for him . weve lost too many racing legends too early already, please let him recover fully.
I follow all the normal F1 people on Twitter. If something happens it will likely be the first place to go to.

mikeerfol

According to Sky Sports News on Twitter there will be no more updates on Schumacher today.

I hope he gets over it and resumes to his normal life :)

fritticaldi

Now that he was beginning to enjoy life in his retirement. I feel especially bad for his 14 yr. old son, Mick who witnessed the accident unfold before his eyes .

siskue2005

video of press conf
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njgX1JUruCM#t=0[/youtube]

Helios

This is one of the saddest days of my life so far, I can't think of anything else in the last 24 hours.

Michael's gonna need something magic like his 3rd stint at Hungary 1998 to overcome this, but if there's one guy out there who can do it, it's him.

bar555
bar555

The medical helicopter which picked Schumi brought back in mind the tragic Senna's incident . Wish all the best to his family and wish them to see again the same man in the middle step of podium inside their hearts this time
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

Kiril Varbanov

Just been stopped on my way out of the local fitness club by the owner. He introduces himself and says, rather worried: Hey, I've seen you on the TV, you must know what's happening with MSC. He did not let me go until I repeated literally everything I knew.
Finally, he: Is he going to make it? I cannot believe he can die.