Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gridlock

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

He said that on left turns the steering was light as hell, and on right turns far too heavy. So the car was basically assembled but not set up.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Jano11 wrote:I thought they had it replaced in Q2.
Are Ferrari mechanics so bad?
Why would you assume this is an indication of being "so bad"?

What makes you think that this could have been correctly set up faster?

max_speed
max_speed

Gridlock wrote:Webber once said "He's Fernando, if you gave him a wheelie bin he'd still be a threat" - that onboard (not to mention P4 in qualy with a totally compromised car) appears to confirm this is true.

Interesting throttle modulation, like you say.
yes ..he is qualifying performance and then in race , watch start of others rosberg, vettel and compare it with fernando , car is lot worse but still he managed to pull it through. people can say whatever they like but it is a fact that fernando has been saving ferrari from humiliation for years now

charlex

Re: R: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

Gridlock wrote:Webber once said "He's Fernando, if you gave him a wheelie bin he'd still be a threat"....
yes!

bhall
bhall

That explains a lot. Poor Felipe was armed with a paint gun instead of an assault rifle.

Yes, I know the "assault rifle" depicted is also a paint gun.

ecapox

...a crappy one at that...

Kiril Varbanov

Bahrain news and video. Kimi R snippet: "Obviously we are going to Bahrain for the race" :)
Marc Gene explains the buttons on the steering wheel:

diffuser

Gridlock wrote:He said that on left turns the steering was light as hell, and on right turns far too heavy. So the car was basically assembled but not set up.

That sounds more like an alignment issue. The car was likely pulling to 1 side.

no unusual after a smack.

diffuser

Bomber_Pilot wrote:
Rhodium wrote:F14T never pass 12000 RMP ?

the limit by FIA is not 15000 ?

when they will have maximum of power, perhaps they will can follow Mercedes... IMO
No one runs at full rpm.

I've read that the max fuel flow of 100KG/hr is basically enough to fuel the revs to 10.5K after that you're starving the engine. Note that was a ballpark figure (I would say a +/- .5k for different manufactures).

Which is behind the whole RB fuelgate. They know their engine is underpowered ...so why not cheat to get them closer.

diffuser

Afterburner wrote:
iHpled wrote:
Afterburner wrote:Has i said before, Ferrari is embarassing themselves, i didn't want to take that route but i think Domenicali should step aside because he's not the right guy to this job.

He let Aldo Costa leave for Mercedes and now he is working well in Mercedes, Allison was making a great job in Renault and now he can't deliver nothing in Ferrari, unfornately it seems it's something internal that doesn't work in Ferrari and clearly Domenicali can't solve it.

Red Bull with NO testing can make a better job than Ferrari and clearly they will be on top of Mercedes after the flyway races and will definetely make a gap after the midseason testing, from a Ferrari fan perspective it's becoming painful watching F1 and GP like we saw today.
Too early to judge.. let see what bahrain brings us with the planned updates on the pu etc..
Too early?

Even Lotus is making improvements with a low budget.

Ferrari strong points isn't catching up, what bothers me most it's the chassis isn't that bad like previous years but the engine + PU is. Solving PU problem is doable, the biggest problem it's the engine with the engine freeze rules (rumours say iFerrari's engine it's some kgs heavier than competition).

I agree, Ferrari has tended to loose ground in he development race during the year. Thank god we're not watching a recording of 2013 cause we all know how that ends.... As for 2014 my crystal ball just keeps showing me a picture of Jame Allison.

BTW "he can't deliver nothing in Ferrari" is a double negative meaning he will deliver something. hehehe ... I like that idea better.

Has anyone noticed how Crucial_Xtreme and James Allison look like twins? Has anyone see them in the same room together? :)

Pierce89

Last year Crucial Xtreme looked just like Pat Fry, now he looks like Allison, he must be a shape shifter.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Afterburner

diffuser wrote:

I agree, Ferrari has tended to loose ground in he development race during the year. Thank god we're not watching a recording of 2013 cause we all know how that ends.... As for 2014 my crystal ball just keeps showing me a picture of Jame Allison.

BTW "he can't deliver nothing in Ferrari" is a double negative meaning he will deliver something. hehehe ... I like that idea better.

Has anyone noticed how Crucial_Xtreme and James Allison look like twins? Has anyone see them in the same room together? :)
Ok, is should have said "deliver new and different ideas", unlike the past years where Ferrari only gambled on a "semi-innovative" front suspension, nothing compared to Lotus and RedBull ideas.

I was hoping F14T more like a Lotus influenced by Allison, something like a more developed front wing, a more radical nose, etc.

enz0
enz0

Saw this on motorsport.com interesting what Steffano Said in the end.
Real Improvements coming in China
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... th-alonso/

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

Ferrari must improve a couple tenths by China, compared to Mercedes and then another half a second by Barcelona. If they can make it they can challenge for the title and keep it that way.
As I have said I see 2014 like a 1998 repeat. Back then McLaren dominated the field and only MS with his Ferrari challenged them. He had a dnf in the Oz GP but after that it was bulletproof reliability. I think this year the plot may be similar. In the role of 1998 McLaren it will be Mercedes and in the role of Michael Schumacher it will be Vettel challenging the Mercs. Alonso could well play this role if F14T improves significantly. In 1998 Ferrari was the second fastest car.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Juzh

Re: Ferrari F14T

bhall wrote:ERS power is banned from the start until the car reaches 100km/h in order to prevent launch control. Watch the speedometer on the graphic in the video below and note the sound of the engine. Immediately at 100km/h, you can hear power delivery being quickly pulsed to give the car better traction. You can also hear it at the exit of turn 4.

It only seems to happen within a certain speed/throttle window, something like 180-200km/h and below while concurrently at or above 98% throttle.

In any case, that's traction control. However, teams will inevitably call it "driveability." I think this is what Ferrari's rumored software update will address. Maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7BdZ84dupY

(Apologies if this has already been noted elsewhere.)
Are you sure this is not just wheel hop? I'm pretty sure it is as it sounds exactly the same as it did with V8s.