Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
elFranZ

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/35952/ ... onsabilita

Franco Nugnes from Omnicorse.it reports noone has been fired.
Enrico Gualtieri, head of Reliability, will join Guido de Paola, PU's designer. Some rules have been revised in Hybrid Systems and Electronics departments.
He also quotes a source saying "We didn't hire any new technician, nor we did fire any engineer. We reorganized a strategic area like the engine division, to better redistribute responsibilities and grant us a faster and more coordinate reaction".

Then he goes on with the 059/3 weight problems and electronics development.
Last edited by elFranZ on 24 Mar 2014, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

charlex

Re: R: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

elFranZ wrote:http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/35952/ ... onsabilita

Franco Nugnes from Omnicorse.it reports noone has been fired.
Enrico Gualtieri, head of Reliability, will join Guido de Paola, PU's designer. Some rules have been revised in Hybrid Systems and Electronics departments.
He also quotes a source saying "We didn't hire any new technician, nor we did fire any engineer. We reorganized a strategic are like the engine division, to better redistribute responsibilities and grant us a faster and more coordinate reaction".

Then he goes on with the 059/3 weight problems and electronics development.
tnx

infy
infy

More likely they had more people assigned to a certain project (reliability priority project) and now that they see their car is reliable they are reassigning the staff to focus on other areas. Generally you have a team selected per project and make a new team for each new project.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 2012

I am very surprised by the complete lack of (external/visible) updates from Ferrari in these first couple of races, they have nothing, and they´re the ones who were the most disappointing in melbourne. I was expecting a much more aggressive development.

CBeck113
CBeck113

Rikhart wrote:I am very surprised by the complete lack of (external/visible) updates from Ferrari in these first couple of races, they have nothing, and they´re the ones who were the most disappointing in melbourne. I was expecting a much more aggressive development.
Patience, they haven't driven a single meter yet. I think they can gain more by improving their ERS than any aero beneift anyway, considering how slow they were in Melbourne.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

el-Magico
el-Magico

Rikhart wrote:I am very surprised by the complete lack of (external/visible) updates from Ferrari in these first couple of races, they have nothing, and they´re the ones who were the most disappointing in melbourne. I was expecting a much more aggressive development.
First of all, this is the 2012 car thread..
Second of all, only one race has been held.. So don't understand why you mention "first couple of races"
Last but not least, they might be doing an aggressive development on the power-unit, which isn't directly visible..
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."

miguelalvesreis
miguelalvesreis

el-Magico wrote: First of all, this is the 2012 car thread..
:mrgreen: :D

turbof1

And suddenly it isn't anymore. Time travel magic!
#AeroFrodo

muelte
muelte

Aero development should be independent and could be done in parallel with engine. I wonder what the Ferrari wind tunnel has been working on since some weeks ago.

Let's wait and see, but couldn't understand if there weren't aero updates for this race.

Rikhart
Rikhart

muelte wrote:Aero development should be independent and could be done in parallel with engine. I wonder what the Ferrari wind tunnel has been working on since some weeks ago.

Let's wait and see, but couldn't understand if there weren't aero updates for this race.
Exactly... It´s not like the aero guys can be shifted to power unit development...

I fully expected a new nose by now, I think this one was more of a temporary/proof of concept version.

CBeck113
CBeck113

Whaddiditellya? :D Looks much better this week..so far, so good!
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

smhasan7
smhasan7

Re: Ferrari F14T

If Ferrari manage to shed some weight and improve drivability, reckon they can earn 3-5 tenths... and be closer to Mercs... (desperate Ferrari fan this)

max_speed
max_speed

Re: Ferrari F14T

thanks to ferrari for fielding another Dog in race of horses..disappointed

Afterburner

Has i said before, Ferrari is embarassing themselves, i didn't want to take that route but i think Domenicali should step aside because he's not the right guy to this job.

He let Aldo Costa leave for Mercedes and now he is working well in Mercedes, Allison was making a great job in Renault and now he can't deliver nothing in Ferrari, unfornately it seems it's something internal that doesn't work in Ferrari and clearly Domenicali can't solve it.

Red Bull with NO testing can make a better job than Ferrari and clearly they will be on top of Mercedes after the flyway races and will definetely make a gap after the midseason testing, from a Ferrari fan perspective it's becoming painful watching F1 and GP like we saw today.

iHpled
iHpled

Afterburner wrote:Has i said before, Ferrari is embarassing themselves, i didn't want to take that route but i think Domenicali should step aside because he's not the right guy to this job.

He let Aldo Costa leave for Mercedes and now he is working well in Mercedes, Allison was making a great job in Renault and now he can't deliver nothing in Ferrari, unfornately it seems it's something internal that doesn't work in Ferrari and clearly Domenicali can't solve it.

Red Bull with NO testing can make a better job than Ferrari and clearly they will be on top of Mercedes after the flyway races and will definetely make a gap after the midseason testing, from a Ferrari fan perspective it's becoming painful watching F1 and GP like we saw today.
Too early to judge.. let see what bahrain brings us with the planned updates on the pu etc..