Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

Juzh wrote:
He likes both, he just likes strong rear even more.
People made a lot of assumptions about Alonso because his Renault cars drove a certain way.

Let's wait and see about Vettel now that he is moving away from "home".

Morteza

timbo wrote:
mika vs michael wrote:Tombazis and Fry are set to leave the team. James Allison is going to be the new Technical director...
Confirmed
http://www.f1technical.net/news/19853
So finally it is official.
My question is how much influence these two have/had on Ferrari's 2015 car? Or is that all James Allison? How about Allison's influence on F14T or he was too late to the party?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Hail22

My biggest question mark is the new press office manager, does anyone know much about Alberto Antonini?

Thank goodness Massimo Rivola is in charge of Formula 1 operations.
Last edited by Steven on 17 Dec 2014, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove quoted post just above
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Hail22 wrote:My biggest question mark is the new press office manager, does anyone know much about Alberto Antonini?

Thank goodness Massimo Rivola is in charge of Formula 1 operations.
Antonioni was a writer for AutoSprint.

Sevach
Sevach

Morteza wrote:
My question is how much influence these two have/had on Ferrari's 2015 car? Or is that all James Allison? How about Allison's influence on F14T or he was too late to the party?
If Ferrari had made up their mind on firing them midseason i would say their influence on the new car should be minimal, if they simply decided to restucture all of sudden however...

Harsha
Harsha

Sevach wrote:
Morteza wrote:
If Ferrari had made up their mind on firing them midseason i would say their influence on the new car should be minimal, if they simply decided to restucture all of sudden however...
I think they have been sent for Gardening leave already , So i don't see they have too much influence on 2015 car. Either way its good that Ferrari started what it should have done years ago. Now they have to put right people in right places and give them freedom to work and explore new ideas. But its clear to assume 2015 will be a write off year with all the changes undergoing.

Racer X

Ferrari with new Telmex sponsorship....... Im guessing they will indeed be using Esteban to marker Ferrari when the Mexican GP arrives i bet you anything that he will have Friday morning activities. this next season just to get that publicity.

http://www.escuderiatelmex.com/wps/port ... rs-ferrari
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Kingshark
Kingshark

2015 is the first time since the mid-90's where Ferrari are genuinely not expected to be WDC contenders before pre-season testing even starts.

I mean, even during Red Bull's dominant years, people were always saying that "next year Ferrari will be contenders, they will challenge RBR". With the best driver on the grid leaving their team, and the F14T being the worst Ferrari car since 1992, has Ferrari ever looked this weak ahead of any season? I can't remember.

Maybe this will actually help the team. If they look like underdogs rather than favorites, it will shift the pressure away from them, and towards teams which are expected to be competitive next year - like Mercedes and to some extend McLaren Honda.

Racer X

If McLaren fail it wont be a surprise Honda shows some hope but that will fade fast if they fail.... Its more like pressure is on RedBull now and Ferrari is like McLaren.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Sebp

Racer X wrote:Ferrari with new Telmex sponsorship....... Im guessing they will indeed be using Esteban to marker Ferrari when the Mexican GP arrives i bet you anything that he will have Friday morning activities. this next season just to get that publicity.

So, does anyone need more proof than this, that Gutierrez is only in F1 because he's got the moneys?
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

santos
santos

Sebp wrote:
So, does anyone need more proof than this, that Gutierrez is only in F1 because he's got the moneys?
The Santander came to Ferrari in the same year that Alonso. Massa brought Banco do Brasil to Williams. Does that mean they are in F1 because they got a sponsor?

Forza Ferrari
Forza Ferrari

santos wrote:
Sebp wrote:
The Santander came to Ferrari in the same year that Alonso. Massa brought Banco do Brasil to Williams. Does that mean they are in F1 because they got a sponsor?

In gutierez's case, absolutely no doubt he's at Ferrari for the money. And maybe also because Jules was the reserve driver, and now they've got no one to fill that role anymore....
I think Ferrari is finally getting back to business : they appointed Arrivabene as TP because they expect him to bring more sponsors to Ferrari : clearly, the Scuderia lacked funds this year to compete with merc. Mercedes litterally "bought" their wins because of their astonishing budget to develop the new hybrid systems (at least half a bilion euros !!) . If Ferrari would have had this much money to spend on their engine, they would probably have been able to compete with the silver arrows.
No wonder why a "marketing branch" has been added to the Scuderia's structure. The new TP is reportedly a "marketing man" (among other things).

Let's not be foolish , if you want to win in F1, you spend.Big time. I'm not saying spending is the sole key to success, but it's a major contributor.
you will probably name toyota as the exemple, i know they spent more than any other team when they used to be in F1, but in generall you have to have money to win. Ferrari had the biggest budget when they got back to winiing ways , then RBR won thanks to their technical abilities due to budget, and now merc.

Furthermore, if bernie together with Ferrari plan to bring back the old powertrains (V8 or even v10, who knows?^^) they will have a huge opportunity to turn things around in the blink of an eye...

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Sebp wrote:
Racer X wrote:Ferrari with new Telmex sponsorship....... Im guessing they will indeed be using Esteban to marker Ferrari when the Mexican GP arrives i bet you anything that he will have Friday morning activities. this next season just to get that publicity.

Well he got into F1 in large part due to money yes, he is however a GP3 champion & GP2 race winner which is more than can be said for some current F1 drivers. Bottas equally brings a lot of funding but at least is also a GP3 champion.

As for the role as reserve driver, he does have experience driving the Ferrari PU, and comes from a nation that is a large new market for Ferrari road car division so if he is happy doing very little with his days bar schmoozing in the Ferrari hospitality center then it suits everybody.

donskar
donskar

Forza Ferrari wrote:
santos wrote:
Sebp wrote:

In gutierez's case, absolutely no doubt he's at Ferrari for the money. And maybe also because Jules was the reserve driver, and now they've got no one to fill that role anymore....
I think Ferrari is finally getting back to business : they appointed Arrivabene as TP because they expect him to bring more sponsors to Ferrari : clearly, the Scuderia lacked funds this year to compete with merc. Mercedes litterally "bought" their wins because of their astonishing budget to develop the new hybrid systems (at least half a bilion euros !!) . If Ferrari would have had this much money to spend on their engine, they would probably have been able to compete with the silver arrows.
No wonder why a "marketing branch" has been added to the Scuderia's structure. The new TP is reportedly a "marketing man" (among other things).

Let's not be foolish , if you want to win in F1, you spend.Big time. I'm not saying spending is the sole key to success, but it's a major contributor.
you will probably name toyota as the exemple, i know they spent more than any other team when they used to be in F1, but in generall you have to have money to win. Ferrari had the biggest budget when they got back to winiing ways , then RBR won thanks to their technical abilities due to budget, and now merc.

Furthermore, if bernie together with Ferrari plan to bring back the old powertrains (V8 or even v10, who knows?^^) they will have a huge opportunity to turn things around in the blink of an eye...
If Ferrari was short of money in 2014, then that would be a rare occurrence. Money has rarely (if ever) been a problem. The problem is, usually for Ferrari, internal politics and a truly byzantine organizational structure. Remember, Machiavelli was an Italian . . .
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Harsha
Harsha

Bob Bell and Rob Marshall Declined Ferrari offers according to sports bild