2014 Testing - Jerez 28-31 Jan

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ecapox

Re: 2014 Testing - Jerez 28-31 Jan

What do those graphs represent? There are no x and y axis labels.

Trocola
Trocola

ecapox wrote:What do those graphs represent? There are no x and y axis labels.
I think they are the laps done

zoro_f1

Trocola wrote:
ecapox wrote:What do those graphs represent? There are no x and y axis labels.
I think they are the laps done
sorry for missing that information... yes it is laps by teams and power units... nothing special.
also i edited the first post just to remind the others.
thanks for suggestion... :wink:
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

ferddy07
ferddy07

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W05

mclaren_mircea wrote:
Helios wrote:I'm still not convinced regarding all that Mercedes yay, Red Bull nay - talking. Could it be that Mercedes were mostly focused on reliability instead of performance and RB went the other way round? If that was the case, Mercedes need to hope for RB to retire like every 2nd race of the season, which I doubt is going to happen. Sure, you can work on your setup early on with a reliable car and squeeze out some tenths of a second, but that wouldn't really help much if their concept is clearly behind RB's concept performance-wise. And then there's McLaren aswell ... even though the laptimes in Jerez don't mean a lot, it still seems like they've got some serious pace aswell.
+1

Mp4-29 shown flashes of speed that I dind't saw on the W05. Hamilton's best time on Thursday was on mediums, like Kevin, and he did a 7 lap stint, while Magnussen ws on his first hours as a F1 official driver, made gis time on a 3 lap stint, and between them was more than half a second (it was almost a second). In now situation extra fuel for 4 laps will bring you more than half a second. And remember that Kevin said that it wasn't a back at the wall lap that 1:23:2 because in the subsequent lap he did a 1:23:5 a lap time which wasn't touched by Rosberg or Hamilton in 4 days. They did in this four days long stints, but not only, and believe if Mclaren's team of engineers got it wrong last year, doesn't mean that they can't do a better car than Aldo Costa and Geoff Willis. There were aero measurment laps for Mercedes W05 not only race simulations, and in none of that they were close to mp4-29. In fact in all the days mp4-29 was on track was faster than W05.
The discussion with the sponsors it's non sense, because they have big big budget for this year, and from 2015 HONDA will be sponsor to (pumping money not only free engines). After a bad year like 2013, Mclaren can't afford to to running for the sponsors, all what they did was optimising the car.

For the umpteenth time reading anything into the laptimes over these test days in Jerez is a pointless exercise #-o :roll: not until the final test in Baharain before we begin to get a clearer picture of what the pecking order is like, besides having the fastet car over one lap is nowhere near as significant as it used to be. With these new rules the car with the best combination of engine reliability, speed, fuel efficiency and tyre management would be the car to beat.

zoro_f1

and some more...

Image Image

click to enlarge...
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

zoro_f1

and more...

adam2003
adam2003

Do they have to hold the button on steering wheel for over 30 seconds for the 160 bhp?

Cuky

adam2003 wrote:Do they have to hold the button on steering wheel for over 30 seconds for the 160 bhp?
No it is automatic, depending on throttle position and ERS map that is in use

adam2003
adam2003

Cuky wrote:
adam2003 wrote:Do they have to hold the button on steering wheel for over 30 seconds for the 160 bhp?
oh right cool thanks

Mr.G

Cuky wrote:
Must it be automatic? I mean can they have some percentage stored for fights?
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Yes it must be automatic. What they can do is save an 'overtake' map for battles.

Mr.G

And can they change maps during race? I mean do they have a few on them already preloaded?
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Juzh

Mr.G wrote:And can they change maps during race? I mean do they have a few on them already preloaded?
yes

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

turbof1

Looks like Pirelli hitted their targets. The winter tyre has been a very thankful solution for the teams, and they got some good running on the wet tyres.
#AeroFrodo