Azerbaijan? Really??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Azerbaijan? Really??

Sebp wrote:Why would they invest in an overly saturated market?
Why not? Well then again, if you say it is overly saturated then that is exactly why Bernie is heading out east.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Sebp

My point exactly. I guess Bernie has been approached by car companies in order to get him to do exactly what he's doing at the moment.
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

SectorOne

Or it´s simply new markets ready to be exploited. (like car companies already does)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Darknight
Darknight

Azerbaijan just concluded a Sovereign bond issue of $1.25 billion. I have a feeling part of that will go towards building a new track. Bahrain was built in 18 months and so if a similar build time is assumed then there could be a possibility of a race as early as end of season 2015.

MOWOG

Oh, joy. Oh, rapture. :roll:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Vasconia

Azerbaijan is a really interesting country with a growing economy and some incredible natural resources, and beautiful places to visit. So at least it would be more interesting than "nothing here to see" countries like Bahrein or Abu Dhabi.

Powershift

Vasconia wrote:Azerbaijan is a really interesting country with a growing economy and some incredible natural resources, and beautiful places to visit. So at least it would be more interesting than "nothing here to see" countries like Bahrein or Abu Dhabi.
And gorgeous women, don't forget that.
grouch wrote:What's next, Cuba? North Korea?
I would love to visit a race in Cuba, but the Castro brothers would rather use their resources to educate or provide healthcare for Cuba's population rather than to line Bernie's pockets.... those "bastards"
Last edited by Powershift on 15 Mar 2014, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna

Powershift

I watched a crash happy FIA GT1 race in Azberaijan recently and the ran a street circuit down town.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TrS1GZpoBI[/youtube]
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna

Agenda_Is_Incorrect
Agenda_Is_Incorrect

wesley123 wrote:Finally! The Azerbaijan population has been screaming for an international motor racing event for a while now! Not only will give this hearing to what the population wants, it will also put the many, many Azerbaijan racing drivers more in an international spotlight!
Best post so far. The irony is pretty much all that needs to be said. Unfortunately, there are already people thinking it's a good idea. People always need to rationalize on the obvious, get lost in the process and screw it up...

About the new markets/saturated thing: It's pretty obvious there are loads of places where you have much more motorsports fans, much more economical power and much more new market potential and therefore much better places for F1 to go. It's money given to Bernie, only reason for it, just like in most new circuits. But this time the ridiculous line has been crossed. We may end up with another Korean GP, that after 2 years goes down the drain because there is simply NEAR ZERO interest from both locals and international viewers
Powershift wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Azerbaijan is a really interesting country with a growing economy and some incredible natural resources, and beautiful places to visit. So at least it would be more interesting than "nothing here to see" countries like Bahrein or Abu Dhabi.
Then we should have GPs in every beach in the world and I'm guessing ANY of them would be more interesting than racing in Azerbaijan
Powershift wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
grouch wrote:What's next, Cuba? North Korea?
I would love to visit a race in Cuba, but the Castro brothers would rather use their resources to educate or provide healthcare for Cuba's population rather than to line Bernie's pockets.... those "bastards"
I would love a race in Cuba or N Korea if there was what makes racing cool, like a supporting fan base, a good circuit (not another Tilkedrome), a local racing tradition and a decision to race that is not involved with pure money/politics. Therefore maybe in 50 years, if communist regime and its tragedy ends, we may have cool racing in Cuba/N Korea. Today it would be as cool as a prostate exam, plus having to see dictators smiling on TV is a "huge bonus"

Also, Cuba does uses its money "wisely". To educate (branwash) and to make olympics athletes for propaganda, besides funding elections on other countries. Let's face it, there are worse stuff than lining Bernies pockets. But it's all ok if THERE ARE BEUTIFUL WOMEN!!! Isn't it? :lol:
I've been censored by a moderation team that rather see people dying and being shot at terrorist attacks than allowing people to speak the truth. That's racist apparently.

God made Trump win for a reason.

munudeges
munudeges

Azerbaijan are yet another country with a corrupt government with money to burn and put in Ecclestone's pockets on a grandprix no one will watch.

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

zoro_f1

hey folks, what about Macedonia? it is a small but nice country and people love racing... i bet that no one knows it where it is so here is one hint... :D

Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

MOWOG

Sure. All the Macedonian government needs to do is extort millions of dollars from its citizens via exorbitant taxation, bundle up all that cash, suck Bernie's exhaust pipe a little while shoving the money down his greedy little throat and Voila! It's the Macedonia Grand Prix live and in living color! :idea:

I can tell you I would be far more likely to travel to Macedonia for such an event than to Azebaijan. So get yourself elected, get going on those extortionate taxes from your fellow citizens and you too can be a Grand Prix impressario. :D
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Powershift

MOWOG wrote:Sure. All the Macedonian government needs to do is extort millions of dollars from its citizens via exorbitant taxation, bundle up all that cash, suck Bernie's exhaust pipe a little while shoving the money down his greedy little throat and Voila! It's the Macedonia Grand Prix live and in living color! :idea:

I can tell you I would be far more likely to travel to Macedonia for such an event than to Azebaijan. So get yourself elected, get going on those extortionate taxes from your fellow citizens and you too can be a Grand Prix impressario. :D
Isn't that how the US funds its wars, but on the flip side there are every little taxes in Bahrain or Abu Dhabi so why are they always complained about?

I would much rather my tax dollars go toward an F1 race(but not thru bernie) than to invade or occupy other countries.

Vasconia

Powershift wrote:
grouch wrote:
Hahahaha I didnt know that, tought I am not suprised, another good to reason to go. :mrgreen: