Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
nzjrs

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Wow, thanks a lot tok-tokkie. A lot of great information in that video translation.

godlameroso

etusch wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 14:11
Thank you @tok-tokkie
Anyone has any knowledge or gossip about Honda's 2022 Pu project ?
I'd say something, but I'm bored of hearing the same lame chants regarding the source. It's better than the last one, or they wouldn't show it.
Saishū kōnā

lio007

godlameroso wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 21:01
etusch wrote:
Thank you @tok-tokkie
I'd say something, but I'm bored of hearing the same lame chants regarding the source. It's better than the last one, or they wouldn't show it.
But I'm very interested. I'd really appreciate it if you could share it with us!

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 21:01
etusch wrote:
Thank you @tok-tokkie
I like your comments. It's up to you to decide but I would prefer you don't take care them.

f1motta

As I mentioned in "Honda engine development secrets" video young enginers from Sakura have been given a task related to the Verstappen's poor starts. See how they solved this problem.

Zynerji

f1motta wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 23:15
As I mentioned in "Honda engine development secrets" video young enginers from Sakura have been given a task related to the Verstappen's poor starts. See how they solved this problem.

So it's an ultra-long intake runner? 🤣🤣 can we call it the Elephant Trunk VLIM?

f1motta

Yes, we can!

mzso

f1motta wrote:

Some of the subtitles are a tad questionable. Like "If it's a problem this time, it's quite low for the area of tone deafness", "As an artist, the engine speed changes when the clutch is engaged".
Also "5 Guess world of juicy ass" was for a part that's actually in English.

So some parts are incomprehensible. Is "champer" actually word, for anything related to an engine? Ir is it just chamber messed up?

NL_Fer

Zynerji wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 00:21
f1motta wrote:

So it's an ultra-long intake runner? 🤣🤣 can we call it the Elephant Trunk VLIM?
The interesting part was the explanation that the bad starts were caused by unstable combustion at lower RPMS. After releasing the clutch, the drop in RPM makes combustion more unstable, causes a lower than expected torque output. Which results in bigger drop of RPM than expected and the anti-stall puts the gearbox in neutral.

The step for Honda to ask Redbull to redesign the intake runner must have been big. But the result is great.

etusch

I think it is just a wrong writing but I will correct anyway. It disangage clutch not put gb in neutral

anthonyfa18

f1motta wrote:

As I am in Canada is there a way I can download the full video report of the hound f1 pu I am even willing to pay for download

Rodak

... causes a lower than expected torque output. Which results in bigger drop of RPM than expected and the anti-stall puts the gearbox in neutral.
Actually I think it activates the clutch to prevent stalling.

NL_Fer

Rodak wrote:
23 Jan 2022, 00:00
... causes a lower than expected torque output. Which results in bigger drop of RPM than expected and the anti-stall puts the gearbox in neutral.
Actually I think it activates the clutch to prevent stalling.
etusch wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 19:33
I think it is just a wrong writing but I will correct anyway. It disangage clutch not put gb in neutral
It used to switch to neutral in older days, but maybe it uses the clutch now. I don’t know, the result is anti-stall. Anti-stall mate !! :oops:

saviour stivala

I believe that the system still also selects nautral as well as kick-in reves/adds throttle. (ECU/TCU will not allow engine rev's to drop bellow idle set speed) ''If transmission is in gear and the engine begins to stall the TCU will engage the clutch to break the engine free of tranmission, at the same time it also gives the engine extra 'gas'/more throttle''. some say that present power units reaches critical stage of stalling (RPM) at 2900 RPM. The 2.4l V8's critical stage RPM was much higher, the FERRARI 056 V8 critical stall stage RPM was said to be 4400 RPM.

PlatinumZealot

Looks like the VLIM trumpets extends to mate and seal with the "elephant trunk" to create a really long runner to stabilize the air-flow at very low Rpms. I belive the elephant trunk has a step at the entrace of it into a larger diameter charge pipe.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏