2014 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Waywardism
Waywardism

Re: 2014 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai

Any idea what 'default 31' means?

Powershift

Waywardism wrote:Is it normal for Hamilton's rear wing to be wobbling like that?
good question, anyone got an answer
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

Powershift wrote:
Waywardism wrote:Is it normal for Hamilton's rear wing to be wobbling like that?
good question, anyone got an answer
Maybe they made it from recycled RB floors..

univex
univex

I suspect Default 31 communicates the expected result rather than team orders. ie. on current strategy we expect RIC to finish ahead of VET unless VET can pass RIC
RIC made the tyres in the first stint last longer which gave him the advantage.
Last edited by univex on 20 Apr 2014, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

henra
henra

Ohhh ohhh,
Except for extreme Hamboys this season is starting to look dim.
Rosberg can't quite keep his pace. It's not so much in the single lap, it's over the distance.

If it wasn't for the safety car in the last race it would have become clear back then.
Renault seems unable to get their PU together. At least Ferrari seems to have made some Progress. But to be able to challenge the Mercs will still be a loooong way. Alonso back to old strength/spirit again, it seems.
Vettel still struggling with the new car. He was a rather slow adopter in the past but I'm surprised it takes him so long to get to grips with his new ride. Assuming no technical Gremlins this time.
Ricciardo seems to be really doing well when looking at the rest of the Renault plagued cars.

I'm really hoping Honda will be able to somewhat level the playing field next year.

zeph
zeph

I'm gutted for Massa. He was comfortably ahead of Bottas, but has only half the points after four races. He deserves better.

But man, do you hear the fans in Shanghai yelling for Alonso? Taking third must feel like a victory for Ferrari right now.

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

lebesset
lebesset

Waywardism wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:
Waywardism wrote:Did anyone catch what Vettel said when they told him Ricciardo's on a 2-stop?
When Vettel was asked to let Ricciardo through, he was told Ricciardo stopped later, to which he replied "Tough luck."
I was talking about the radio message after that, as answered by Zeph already.
some team player vettel .....ricci might well have been on the podium if he had let him through immediately
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

zeph
zeph

Well, I just saw the post-race interview with Vettel, and he acknowledged that when he knew that Ricciardo was on a different strategy, he understood there was no point in holding him up any further. I like how he doesn't mince words, he simply said Daniel gets more out of the car.

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

zeph wrote:Well, I just saw the post-race interview with Vettel, and he acknowledged that when he knew that Ricciardo was on a different strategy, he understood there was no point in holding him up any further. I like how he doesn't mince words, he simply said Daniel gets more out of the car.
They weren't really on a different strategy, Daniel just stopped later because he could make the tyres last longer. Remember they both stopped twice, for the same tyres, and Daniel finished over 20 seconds ahead. It was a slam dunk..
Last edited by ChrisM40 on 20 Apr 2014, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

gray41

Faultless from Lewis, 3 in a row!!
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Shrieker

Emerson.F wrote:Rockie: Sebastian, let Daniel by.

SV: What tire is he on?

Rockie: Saem tire as you, but he's faster.

SV: Tough luck.
I think Rocky said "Primes (same tires at the time), but he stopped later than you ".
Last edited by Shrieker on 20 Apr 2014, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Shrieker

zeph wrote:Yeah! My main man is on the podium!
Alonso did great today. Maybe if he hadn't gotten stuck behind Vettel there at the first stint, he could've had a better shot at 2nd. I thought for a moment that he could've managed to keep Rosberg behind, the car deficit was too big in the end though.

About Vettel and Ricciardo; Vet held Ric 2 laps before letting him go, I wonder things might've been different for Ric for a podium since he finished 1.2 secs behind Fernando. Definitely a talking point there for the team. Ted's saying just now Vet went in to the race with a 3 stop strategy but they switched to 2 stops and things got a bit messy. Ric was on 2 stops, it looks like he's doing a better job of keeping the tyres in shape atm. Horner's saying Vettel right now doesn't have the corner entry feeling he usually needs. I'm assuming that's what gives him speed and tyre preservation. No doubt he's got work to do, him and the team.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

NathanOlder

So the race ended 1 lap earlier and Kobayashi was relegated back behind Bianchi. The chequered flag was waved 1 lap too early and the result has to be re adjusted
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC