Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FrukostScones

Re: Haas - American team in F1

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Moxie
Moxie

Possibilities, not probabilities, but possibilities, for Danica Patrick.

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/ ... 1-equation

Would it not be possible for Haas, if Partick contractually agrees, to continue to run Patrick in NASCAR, while at the same time providing her with F1 simulator time, and F1 testing opportunities?

On another note, if an American driver in the Haas team is his goal, I still think the Taylor brothers from the Tudor Sports Car Series deserve strong consideration.

iotar__

FrukostScones wrote:ok...
GUI for Haas?
http://f1today.net/en/news/201836/gutie ... as-f1-team
Yep they're not Ferrari B-team and it's only a coincidence that Gutierrez is with them. I don't think he fits the bill of current, experienced driver. Fairly talented but under-performing, not reliable and with some sponsorship money, maybe as a second one?

IMO they should hire Will Power and Scott Speed, both marketable to Americans and with the coolest racing names ever. There goes Speed overtaking Power.

Pierce89

Will Power would open some eyes with a decent car. The man can drive. Period.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

FW17

He heard you and says.............

just kidding

Cuky

Pierce89 wrote:Will Power would open some eyes with a decent car. The man can drive. Period.
We don't really need another Maldonado type driver in F1

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Pierce89 wrote:Will Power would open some eyes with a decent car. The man can drive. Period.
He would spend his entire time sat in the stop/go box.

Moxie
Moxie

iotar__ wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
IMO they should hire Will Power and Scott Speed, both marketable to Americans and with the coolest racing names ever. There goes Speed overtaking Power.
If Haas is looking for that kind of publicity with appeal to an American audience, he may as well hire Captain Slow himself (James May). He may be looking for a new ride.

SteveRacer

Moxie wrote:Possibilities, not probabilities, but possibilities, for Danica Patrick.

Would it not be possible for Haas, if Partick contractually agrees, to continue to run Patrick in NASCAR, while at the same time providing her with F1 simulator time, and F1 testing opportunities?

On another note, if an American driver in the Haas team is his goal, I still think the Taylor brothers from the Tudor Sports Car Series deserve strong consideration.
I had read that Go Daddy was pulling out of Nascar next year. I expect this to be the end of the road for Danica as well.

aral
aral

whoever drives for Haas next year, must qualify for a superlicence. I do not see many of these "suggestions" being able to qualify for one.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

gilgen wrote:whoever drives for Haas next year, must qualify for a superlicence. I do not see many of these "suggestions" being able to qualify for one.
It will be Rossi & Gutierrez.

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

SteveRacer wrote:
Moxie wrote:Possibilities, not probabilities, but possibilities, for Danica Patrick.

I had read that Go Daddy was pulling out of Nascar next year. I expect this to be the end of the road for Danica as well.
I dont see danica at the end of the road. She brings too much interest And shes not bad enough. Maybe she moves to a different series...but she still got a few years in motor racing.

If she wants in F1...she will be there. Whether she can hack it or not.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

sgth0mas wrote:
SteveRacer wrote:

I dont see danica at the end of the road. She brings too much interest And shes not bad enough. Maybe she moves to a different series...but she still got a few years in motor racing.

If she wants in F1...she will be there. Whether she can hack it or not.
No, she will not. At most she'll be a 'development' driver or 'reserve' driver like Carmen Jorda and Susie Wolff.
She'll never drive an F1 race and the reasons for it have been explained in this very topic before.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

The reason Danica isnt in F1 is because she doesnt want the travel. this sport is dominated by money and marketing...if Danica decides she will commit, shes in.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

sgth0mas wrote:The reason Danica isnt in F1 is because she doesnt want the travel. this sport is dominated by money and marketing...if Danica decides she will commit, shes in.
no, she will not. superlicense is the first reason she won't. no matter how much she wants to.

apart from that;

She's old. 32 years old in fact. If she were to join right now, she would be the 4th oldest driver on the grid.
That puts her behind elder statesmen Kimi Räikkönen and Jenson Button who are each 34 and Felipe Massa at 33.
So, in 2016 she'll be 34. A rookie in F1 at 34 will not happen, so let's just put the danica nonsense to rest now.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"