Winter Olympics

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
m3_lover

million thanks for the ferrari video
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom

On an olypic note, three of the guys in the mens British curling team used to go to my school in Lockerbie, whats more they are equal first!

Still however I prefer the bobsleighing and skiing.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Scuderia_Russ

The best event I've seen so far is the Snowbaord Cross!

fwa2500

4 man bobsled, downhill ski and biathalon are my favorites.......man, after watching snowboard-X, i must say, really exciting stuff! :D

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Snowboard-X is just fantastic, great stuff. But being Canadian, it's all about hockey.
Still shaking my head about Lindsey Jacobellis having the ladies' snowboard-x Gold medal and throwing it away with a moment's lack of discipline.

Sawtooth-spike

yeah i have to say she will regret that for the rest of her life!
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Scuderia_Russ

:lol: That's what happens when you show off. It's the coach I felt sorry for.

Spencifer_Murphy

LOL....I couldn't believe it, how can you litterally throw away an Olympic Gold just to do a (fair basic to be honest) trick to show off.

Sure winning the olympic final is "showing off" your talent enough...but that is just pushing the limit a bit isnt it? She got what she deserved.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Reca
Reca

I agree snowboard cross is very spectacular, I’m not a fan of freestyle and other snowboard “things” on the contrary because I generally don’t like sports based on other people judgement and not on the objective verdict of a stopwatch.
Another very thrilling discipline IMO is skeleton, 130 km/h with your eyes couple of cm from the ice... wow.
Yesterday then I got hooked by women’s curling, but I’m under the impression that it could have more to do with a player of the Norway team than with the game itself...
DaveKillens wrote: But being Canadian, it's all about hockey.
Both Italian teams had to learn a good lesson from Canada, obviously it was expected to say the least... when at the start of the second period men managed somehow to score the 1-1 I thought “Hmmm... I’ve the feeling they are going to react”... I know little about hockey but, admittedly, it wasn’t a difficult prevision... anyway we got our “revenge” with men’s pursuit in skating ;-)
BTW, I was watching curling earlier and the commentator said that in Canada the curling players are more than 3 millions (in Italy about 500), is that a reliable figure ?

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Oh yea, in Canada curling is huge. Myself, I come from a "curling family", where we have been exposed and participate for most of our lives. Heck, what other "sport" can you participte while having a drink? lol.
I heard that in Italy that curling is being watched by a large TV audience.
Reca, you should be proud that your nation is hosting such a wonderful event, and doing so well. Although our speed skating men's team pursuit came second, to see the Italian team win was a great accomplishment, worthy of praise and celebration.

West
West

Canada women's hockey will win the gold. I think their opposition went 1-36 or something after playing finland.

If Jacobellis got what she deserved, she wouldn't have made the podium. She was very lucky.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

fwa2500

Reca wrote:....because I generally don’t like sports based on other people judgement and not on the objective verdict of a stopwatch.
same here....my top three as listed previously are all timed events :D

Steven
Owner

damnit!

Maier just missed gold in Super G with only 0.13s behind Aamodt :cry:

Tom

What happened to Lindsey Jacobellis?

By the way, DaveKillens, curling is also huge in Scotland. You may have noticed thats where all the British team are from :lol:

However Scotland is the only place in Britain with proper curling rinks.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Lindsey Jacobellis was the favorite for the ladie's snowboard-x. She made the finals, and was handly in the lead with just two straight jumps to go. When she went over the jump, she tried a hotdog move, a hand grab on her board. She landed wrong, fell, and placed second. All she had to do was just make the last two jumps straight and clean, and she would now have an Olympic Gold.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sec ... id=2334798