2014 Monaco Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djos

Re: 2014 Monaco Grand Prix

I have to agree however I could never stand him due to his entitled brat attitude - then he went thru a couple of tough years at Maclaren and I was actually starting to respect him ... Looks like the entitled brat attitude has resurfaced again. :(
"In downforce we trust"

Miguel
Miguel

slimfitcasual wrote:
MercedesAMGSpy wrote:He is indeed not the clinical Schumacher, he is Lewis and a fighter. I have seen people questioning his mental state time again and again without some facts/proof except the 2011 season.
His comments today regarding strategy at Merc vs. his time at McLaren were embarrassing to say the least. As a mature race driver he knows better. After going on and on to the press on how much of a positive change its been to develop with Merc he throws them under the bus at the first sign of perceived favoritism towards Nico. Ugh. I like Lewis, but days like today definitely make me question his mental state. Or maybe its just Nicole. :?
Well, wasn't Hamilton himself in the press conference who essentially managed to get McLaren investigated for team orders in Monaco 2007?
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

SpainFAN
SpainFAN

When you question a mans hunger.... you just might open up his appetite. If Hamilton would have kept to himself and shown what he has on the track, he could have outclassed Nico, but telling him that he is a brat from a rich family and that he was hungrier was a big mistake.... It's like walking on to a ring, knowing your opponent has a weak uppercut and opens up for you to attach and telling him that you are going to exploit that... Nico gave Hamilton a KO of humility.

Waywardism
Waywardism

If anything it's Hamilton giving himself that KO. There really is no need though, so Nico won a race it's no big deal, had to happen sooner or later. I wish Lewis could learn to practise what his father preached and do his talking on the track, I'm getting flashbacks of 2011 and I really don't want him to go there again.

George-Jung
George-Jung

My guess is that Hamilton was a bit over self-confident due to his excellent 4 wins in a row..
This race will place him firmly with his two feet on the ground and he will bounce back from it, if he really is that good.

One thing he needs to learn quickly is that he is free to think what ever he wants, but he should not say everything he thinks..

NathanOlder

djos wrote:I have to agree however I could never stand him due to his entitled brat attitude - then he went thru a couple of tough years at Maclaren and I was actually starting to respect him ... Looks like the entitled brat attitude has resurfaced again. :(
Atleast he doesnt carry on like Seb hey
Last edited by NathanOlder on 26 May 2014, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

George-Jung wrote:My guess is that Hamilton was a bit over self-confident due to his excellent 4 wins in a row..
This race will place him firmly with his two feet on the ground and he will bounce back from it, if he really is that good.
Canada up next, Nico will have his work cut out to beat Lewis there. Lewis has always done well round canada.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

djos

NathanOlder wrote:
djos wrote:I have to agree however I could never stand him due to his entitled brat attitude - then he went thru a couple of tough years at Maclaren and I was actually starting to respect him ... Looks like the entitled brat attitude has resurfaced again. :(
Atleast he doesnt carry like Seb hey
True, no irritating finger waving or Multi21. :)
"In downforce we trust"

Traction

djos wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
Atleast he doesnt carry like Seb hey
True, no irritating finger waving or Multi21. :)
..but don't forget the lying.. :lol:
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

Kiril Varbanov

So far Bianchi wins every Driver of the day poll for Monaco, including ours - http://www.f1technical.net/poll/index.php?dispid=274

In the meantime, with a bit of delay and reminded by tim|away, I'm running a " Was Nico Rosberg's mistake in Q3 deliberate or genuine?" - http://www.f1technical.net/poll/index.php?dispid=275

My take on it - we will never know. The shadows of doubt will remain, however. There are slight hints, looking at his earlier trajectory that he might have lost it and should have backed off. But on the other hand, most F1 figures think it was a class-actor performance and was deliberate.

djos

Traction wrote: ..but don't forget the lying.. :lol:
I'll stick with the honest and upfront guys like Fernando, Daniel and formerly Mark .... Heck even Kimi!
"In downforce we trust"

NathanOlder

They all tell lies, like every other person in the world. The only people that say they don't lie, are telling lies by doing so.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

MercedesAMGSpy

slimfitcasual wrote:
MercedesAMGSpy wrote:He is indeed not the clinical Schumacher, he is Lewis and a fighter. I have seen people questioning his mental state time again and again without some facts/proof except the 2011 season.
His comments today regarding strategy at Merc vs. his time at McLaren were embarrassing to say the least. As a mature race driver he knows better. After going on and on to the press on how much of a positive change its been to develop with Merc he throws them under the bus at the first sign of perceived favoritism towards Nico. Ugh. I like Lewis, but days like today definitely make me question his mental state. Or maybe its just Nicole. :?
Oh oh he made a comment about the strategy, yeah now he is doomed the rest of the season. We will see in Canada how Nico deals with it, I think not so good.

f1universe
f1universe

Can someone tech savvy to explain the difficulties of driving with only one brake, Alonso was driving only with thre right brake in the last part of the car.

siskue2005

djos wrote:
I'll stick with the honest and upfront guys like Fernando
:lol: :lol: :lol: nice joke :lol: :wtf: