Promotion, and relegation on bbc news

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Max definitely has a tough job, but that's not to say I agree with his methods or vision of the future. I do believe he's an incredible politician, with a strong will, but I also believe he lives in an ivory tower, and out of touch with the common fan. I occasionally check http://www.formula1.com , and every so often witness definite bias or some form of underhanded attack against Max's foes. I also believe Max definitely has a personal bias towards Shu and Ferrari.
The trouble is, everyone involved in F1 has an agenda. And each try in their own way to get what they desire. I see personal politics being played out, conflict of interests, and all forms of filthy politics.
But despite all that crap, and rules changes, in general things have never been better for Formula One. The general public percieve it as the pinnacle of motorsport, everyone wants a race in their nation, and the money keeps flowing in. Last season, there was some excellent racing, I really enoyed the entire season. Big buck manufacturers all want a piece of the mystique and glory of F1. Then again, maybe F1 has been too prosperous, with major manufacturers involved as much as they are.
But everything happens for a reason. Max's recent "ideas" are there to help him get where he wants too be. We just have to see how all this is played out.
The treatment of Super Aguri is interesting. The powers in f1 have moved mountains to get SA to the grid in '06. Paul Stoddard never had such support... :roll:
But I also believe why SA got so much support from the suits in F1. Honda is closely tied to SA, and Honda is also one of the major manufacturers who are holding out against Max's proposed vision of the future. So don't be surprised if and when Honda breaks ranks from Mercedes, BMW, Renault, and Toyota to sign with Max.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It is no secret that Max Mosley, FIA President, is a big fan of shaken up the rules in Formula One. This time he came up with a radical new engine plan. Although this year we'll see V8 engines for the first time, Mosley now came up with the idea to allow every sort of engine in F1, but give teams a maximum amount of fuel to use per race.
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=109699

Interesting, very interesting.

chapmanlung
chapmanlung

i say kick max's ass
we dont need him messing up out rules and etc...
true costs need to be lower, but does he have to go this far?

Scuderia_Russ

chapmanlung wrote:i say kick max's ass
Do mummy and daddy know you are playing with the expensive light box?

manchild
manchild

Why couldn't fans kick Max's ass?

All we need is a website with petition and I'm sure the number would greately exceede number FIA survey particvipants.

Some halp from GPMA help that cause too.

Scuderia_Russ

Will you still be coming here when gpmatechnical.net is up and running?

manchild
manchild

No, I think that FIA should govern the F1 and Max isn't FIA but just an employee. Blackmailing with name of F1 is pointless because all GPMA teams want to compete in F1 but without dictatorship and regulations tailored to suit only one team. So if necessary for the future of F1 I'd accept seeing breakup if it would cause revolution and some but kicking in the FIA.

Miki Kologranic
Miki Kologranic

Why is FIA struggling so much with F1, how is WRC doing? Why not somehow follow the system of lets say WRC...WRC looks solid...is it?

BTW my first post, wahooo.... 8)

Cheers,
Miki K.

Spencifer_Murphy

No WRC has been going through some rocky times. Peugeot, Citroen & Skoda have all withdrawn their works teams. Okay, Citroen will be back in 2007 with their new C4 based Rally car...but from what I've heard things arent all rosey.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Scuderia_Russ

Looking pretty bleak for WRC and IRL. Both of which have had a mass exodus of manufacturers.