Dali SD014

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Daliracing

Dali SD014

Hello, i wanted to design an F1 car for a long time so here it is. It might not be legal but it was a first attempt and i'm pleased with it.

CAEdevice

Re: Dali SD014

Very good, it seems to be legal from the pictures

Daliracing

CAEdevice wrote:Very good, it seems to be legal from the pictures
thanks for the comment :) how did you get the form of the sidepods? i tried it but it isn't as good as i thought it would be

CAEdevice

I modeled the side pods (see the topic "KVRC - CAEdevice" with the geometry evolution of my car) with the "loft" function (two lofts connetcted with "tangent"condition): the graphic effects is good, but in 2015 the sidepodes of my car will be very different.

Anyway: your side pods seems to be well done, may be the volume is quite bigger than the average (you could add some concavity in the lower part)

Daliracing

CAEdevice wrote:I modeled the side pods (see the topic "KVRC - CAEdevice" with the geometry evolution of my car) with the "loft" function (two lofts connetcted with "tangent"condition): the graphic effects is good, but in 2015 the sidepodes of my car will be very different.

Anyway: your side pods seems to be well done, may be the volume is quite bigger than the average (you could add some concavity in the lower part)
I also used a loft but i didn't get a nice undercut maybe it is because i didn't do it with a tangent condition. I've seen your car it look very nice!

CAEdevice

Thank you! I can't send you the SWX version, but if you think it could be useful you can find a STEP version of my car here:

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 17#p517117

Daliracing

thanks alot! i see you have made it with surfacing. mine is made with solids because i only know how to make thinks in it. I follow lessons for it but i will learn it next year.

CAEdevice

I used solids too, the front wing for example is obtained with thin lofts and blends.

Anyway: the complex geometry is not always the most efficient. I obtained similar results with a full extruded front wing.

Daliracing

CAEdevice wrote:I used solids too, the front wing for example is obtained with thin lofts and blends.

Anyway: the complex geometry is not always the most efficient. I obtained similar results with a full extruded front wing.
you're right i guess. i want to do a CFD test but i don't know how. i wonder if the car is 'good'

Daliracing

i guess this is a better view of the sidepods

CAEdevice

I can test your car with the CFD software I used during KVRC 2014 (co you can compare to mine and indirectly to others).
I would need an assembly step file with "body" (= floor + uper body), "front wing" and "rear wing".
The be comparable with other cars it would be better to use wheels and suspensions provided by KVRC (I have them already assembled in my virtual wind tunnel).

My email is: matteo@caedevice.xxx (you have to write "net" instead of "xxx")

Daliracing

CAEdevice wrote:I can test your car with the CFD software I used during KVRC 2014 (co you can compare to mine and indirectly to others).
I would need an assembly step file with "body" (= floor + uper body), "front wing" and "rear wing".
The be comparable with other cars it would be better to use wheels and suspensions provided by KVRC (I have them already assembled in my virtual wind tunnel).

My email is: matteo@caedevice.xxx (you have to write "net" instead of "xxx")
wel i would like to do it but it isn't an assembly :o it is a 1 piece car cause i'm not good at SW #-o so don't really know how to do it in assembly i know how to make parts but thats it.

CAEdevice

I can try to do someting anyway... I'll just need some more time.

Daliracing

CAEdevice wrote:I can try to do someting anyway... I'll just need some more time.
okay so you just need the file of the model? then i send it to you :D

CAEdevice

Ok! I've just received your email, let me work on it a couple of days : )