2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2014 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

Waywardism wrote:
dans79 wrote:If what Lewis says is true, what do people think the team will do? I can't see them not penalizing him in some way.
I honestly don't know. It would be interesting to know if there is anything in their contracts covering this regarding imposing fines on them or something along those lines. Other than that, what can they do except sack him or give his seat to someone else for a while? What would you do?

I would give his seat to the reserve driver for a couple of races.

I can't imagine Toto responding to this in a light-handed manner if it's true.
I think with people saying things like "If Ross was still there , it wouldn't have happened" or "Ross would have kept them in line" will possibly cause Toto to over react, and Paddy will possibly be Lewis biased deep down anyway. Their only human. So could we possibly see a race ban or 2 ? Also, who would come in ? Now Sam Bird has left
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Töm87
Töm87

SectorOne wrote:
Töm87 wrote:I am sorry, but it's not like this was a Senna/Prost Schumacher Villeneuve type of incident. Rosberg simply made a littee istake. In most cases this woud have only hurt himself. Just bad luck that Hamilton got a mechinacal.
Anyway, disrespecting team order was a lot worse than what Niko did today. He just made a littlemisatke,not eve a big one. Hamilton acted on full pirpose. Hamiton Fanboys really need to put things into perspective.
Prime example of a person that is not up to speed :D
Love it though, these sort of comments are pure gold.
So disrespecting order from the etam that pays you 25 million a year is worse than a little driving mistake? Explain!

turbof1

I'm going to leave a warning to everyone here, since some members find it somehow justifiable to get personal to other members. I'm even going to use colors so it's clear:

Agreeing and disagreeing is fine, as long as you avoid trying to make snide comments to other members. Stay rational and constructive.

Example: something like this fine:

So take a pick.

It´s not a racing incident if a driver deliberately puts his nose in an area it do not belong to prove a point.
It´s malicious intent and is not a racing incident.

It´s also not a racing incident when Maldonado on purpose hit Hamilton in SPA 2012(?)

Making snide comments or otherwise targetting people instead of the message is not accepted. We expect decency from everybody, as well as a good input.

Example of what's wrong:
You sound like a prissy little german boy!

Offenders will be penalised!!! I'll let everything slip before this message, but from now anyone trying to insult will be dealt with - harshly.
#AeroFrodo

George-Jung
George-Jung

Why is nobody talking about the great win of Ricciardo or the driving style of Magnussen.. Or Button being outdriven by his rookie teammate..

Almost every race topic is being dominated about Ros - Ham 'coulda, shoulda, woulda..'

Congratulations to the Red Bull / Ricciardo fans with his excellent win!

ScottB
ScottB

Mercedes are confirming what Hamilton has said is correct...

SectorOne

Lovely image this.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

Im not even a Hamilton fan, hes a little baby and my least favourite Brit (OK thats the useless Chilton actually) and not even in my top 6 or 7 as choice of champion.. However I will call a spade a spade. He did nothing wrong.
Last edited by ChrisM40 on 24 Aug 2014, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

Waywardism
Waywardism

NathanOlder wrote:
Waywardism wrote:
dans79 wrote:If what Lewis says is true, what do people think the team will do? I can't see them not penalizing him in some way.
I honestly don't know. It would be interesting to know if there is anything in their contracts covering this regarding imposing fines on them or something along those lines. Other than that, what can they do except sack him or give his seat to someone else for a while? What would you do?

I think with people saying things like "If Ross was still there , it wouldn't have happened" or "Ross would have kept them in line" will possibly cause Toto to over react, and Paddy will possibly be Lewis biased deep down anyway. Their only human. So could we possibly see a race ban or 2 ? Also, who would come in ? Now Sam Bird has left
I have no idea what other drivers they have on the books, if any, though I'm sure they wouldn't find it hard to get someone skilled who's willing to drive that beast of a car for a few races.

SilverArrow10

ScottB wrote:Mercedes are confirming what Hamilton has said is correct...
O baby give us some links!!! it cant be true
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Jano11
Jano11

Waywardism wrote:

Let's be honest, the Mercedes board will not accept having the championship leader benched or handicapped.
They are not paying hundreds of millions per year for losing out again and again.
This was the 2nd race in a row where RB won while not having the fastest car and Mercedes AMG failed with the fastest car.
And this points to bad management of their racers. Ross Brawn did great until Toto and Niki pushed him out.

cossie
cossie

George-Jung wrote:It is a bit of a shame that this forum is overly populated by Hamilton fans feeling the urge to defend him over and over again.
Why is it only about the Ros - Ham battle, or the lack of it..

Why is nobody talking about the great win of Ricciardo or the driving style of Magnussen.. Or Button being outdriven by his rookie teammate..

Almost every race topic is being dominated about Ros - Ham 'coulda, shoulda, woulda..'

Congratulations to the Red Bull / Ricciardo fans with his excellent win!
you just may have wonned a Rhodes scholorship,or Noble peace prize, take your pick, :idea: :idea:

SectorOne

ChrisM40 wrote:hes a little baby
Looking at the amount of failures from both this sure is interesting.

“It's interesting because we had that meeting on Thursday and Nico expressed how angry he was – I was thinking 'It's been three weeks and you've been lingering?!' He expressed how angry he was, he literally sat there and said how angry he was at Toto and Paddy. But I thought we should be good after that and then this result … it's interesting.”

three weeks he´s pissed off because Hamilton did not let him past in Hungary.

Seems to me Rosberg might actually be the weaker one mentally. People thought Hamilton was finished in Germany, came back strong, thought he was done in Hungary, came back even stronger.

Rosberg gets one obstacle and he´s pissed. Then misses the start, gets even more pissed and deliberately hits Hamilton.

Pretty clear who´s the real baby at Mercedes.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Töm87
Töm87

Lauda has always favored Hamilton over Rosberg. This dosn't come as a suprise.

turbof1

Jano11 wrote:
Waywardism wrote:

Let's be honest, the Mercedes board will not accept having the championship leader benched or handicapped.
They are not paying hundreds of millions per year for losing out again and again.
This was the 2nd race in a row where RB won while not having the fastest car and Mercedes AMG failed with the fastest car.
And this points to bad management of their racers. Ross Brawn did great until Toto and Niki pushed him out.
I think Niki Lauda would infact make a great team manager. Unfortunaly, and that's where I believe the real issues lies, is that Niki only can act as a consultant. He doesn't have real power within the team.
#AeroFrodo

Waywardism
Waywardism

Jano11 wrote:the Mercedes board will not accept having the championship leader benched or handicapped.
You seem to know what everyone thinks, how everyone will act...