2014 Singapore GP - Marina Bay, September 19-21

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SilverArrow10

Re: 2014 Singapore GP - Marina Bay, September 19-21

langwadt wrote:
MOWOG wrote:Hamilton's drive today was beyond unbelievable. All credit to him. =D> Reminded me of how Ross Brawn used to ask Michael to pull out impossibly fast laps and Michael would just go out and do it. Congratulations, Lewis. That was some awesome driving. :shock:

Some additional thougths;

1. Agree completely with basti313.

2. Why is this race so long? It is easily 10 laps longer then the average F1 race. :?
5.3 The distance of all races, from the start signal referred to in Article 38.9 to the chequered flag,
shall be equal to the least number of complete laps which exceed a distance of 305 km (Monaco 260km).
Its because of all the corners, the actual track in Km isn't really that long but its all stop, start, which means the lap times are lower. Meaning it takes longer to finish the race here than it would in say Monza.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

aral
aral

Jano11 wrote:
Phil wrote:Apparently accoarding to Toto and Niki (RTL Broadcast) is that a cable was broken within the steering column (rack?) that caused Rosbergs technical issues... Further investigation to follow...
Interesting.
How did a cable break overnight while in park ferme?
Nico reported a problem at the end of qualifying yesterday.

mikeerfol

RZS10 wrote:They did not enforce the new rule at all ...
-One of the Caterhams got info on sector times
-Perez was told to drive smoother
-Ricciardo got several instructions that were driving advice with a 'to save the car' or something along those lines added at the end
... there were probably some more cases :D
I thought they banned info on the overtake button as well? Because Ricciardo received a few messages about it..

Paul

It's OK, as long as you add "to help with the car problem" at the end. :lol:

Jano11
Jano11

Glyn wrote:
Jano11 wrote:
Phil wrote:Apparently accoarding to Toto and Niki (RTL Broadcast) is that a cable was broken within the steering column (rack?) that caused Rosbergs technical issues... Further investigation to follow...
Interesting.
Why do the cars both seem to fall apart every single race...
It's one thing when an engine or a brake disc fails while in use, and quite the opposite when a cable breaks in a stationary car, overnight.
gilgen wrote:
Jano11 wrote:
Interesting.
Nico reported a problem at the end of qualifying yesterday.
Thanks.
Then they should have replaced it and taken a penalty for it. Doing nothing won't help it.
Last edited by Jano11 on 21 Sep 2014, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Jano11
Jano11

siskue2005 wrote:
antsyd wrote:So no team orders from Red Bull today.

DR is 60 points behind the leader. Could of been 57 if they switched positions. They may regret that in Abu Dhabi.
Realistically speaking I don't think anyone other than the two Merc drivers will win the wdc
Even before Abu dabhi DR would be out of the title mathematically
Exactly.

aral
aral

Jano11 wrote:

Thanks.
Then they should have replaced it and taken a penalty for it. Doing nothing won't help it.
Nico said there was an electronic glitch and i guess that is what they were trying to fix on the grid, by changing the steering wheel. i suppose that they did not think that there was a damaged multiplex cable in the column. electronic glitches are very difficult to spot.

gray41

Rosberg did use reverse gear in qualifying yesterday, I thought that was going to play a part in todays race with problems.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

RZS10

gilgen wrote:
Jano11 wrote:

Thanks.
Nico said there was an electronic glitch and i guess that is what they were trying to fix on the grid, by changing the steering wheel. i suppose that they did not think that there was a damaged multiplex cable in the column. electronic glitches are very difficult to spot.
Yep, espacially since broken cables often still have enough connectivity to fool you into thinking it might be something else, it is not a "working" / "not working at all" with broken cables, that's why it's so hard to spot ... those who had to deal with broken cables at some point will tell you that ... (i guess^^)

SiLo

I was thinking it was going to be close, but the fact that Hamilton ran so long on the super-softs, at such an incredible rate really shows how much pace in hand they had today. Red Bull had to go another route to have a chance of victory, and I commend them for giving it a good shot.

The pace difference at the end was incredible, if anyone had left themselves 5 laps and gone back onto the super softs, they would have easily made up the time and then some.
Felipe Baby!

FrukostScones

spot the mistake :mrgreen:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

RZS10

FrukostScones wrote: [...]
spot the mistake :mrgreen:
someone has locking wheels , looks like a Lotus

SectorOne

Or it´s the big red car on the left using a different track layout then everyone else :)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

NathanOlder

The Mercedes missing here maybe ?

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

gray41

^^^

Lewis Hamilton is too damn fast.
Lewis Hamilton #44