2014 Brazilian Grand Prix - São Paulo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Kingshark
Kingshark

Re: 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix - São Paulo

So they added a chicane onto what is already the longest pitlane on the calendar? Not to mention that the track itself is actually one of the shortest. With that pit entry on top of the already ridiculous pit exit, the pitlane will become half the circuit's length. :roll: :lol:

zztopless
zztopless

SiLo wrote:Regarding the changing of the track layout. I found this!

http://forums.autosport.com/topic/19568 ... são-paulo/

I'll copy the images from the thread across into a thread for us here in a sec.
Fixed Link.
Kingshark wrote:So they added a chicane onto what is already the longest pitlane on the calendar? Not to mention that the track itself is actually one of the shortest. With that pit entry on top of the already ridiculous pit exit, the pitlane will become half the circuit's length. :roll: :lol:
To be fair, they had to do something about that pit entry.

Phil

Any updates on the weather yet? If it rains similar to 2012 (or am I thinking 2013?), I can really see chaos, to the point I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Mercedes's race, if not both if they are neck at neck on the same strategy, is wrecked...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

prince
prince

Phil wrote:Any updates on the weather yet? If it rains similar to 2012 (or am I thinking 2013?), I can really see chaos, to the point I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Mercedes's race, if not both if they are neck at neck on the same strategy, is wrecked...
As of today, the chances of rain on Saturday is predicted to be 100% and 80% for Sunday. :D

Sao Paulo Weather Update

Hail22

Wet weather could see Ricciardo nab Pole.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

WaikeCU

I think Vergne might surprise us. He has been good in wet track conditions. He might prove us why he deserves a prolonged stay in F1.

Juzh

Hail22 wrote:Wet weather could see Ricciardo nab Pole.
Why exactly?

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Yea... Mercedes are going to crank on the downforce and fly away. Rain certainly won't stop that.

ringo

Yeah they have the engine power traction and drivability to crank downforce all the way up.
I think they will lap the field twice on this track. I'm just expecting monster performance the more technical the tracks get.
For Sure!!

Juzh

BanMeToo wrote:Yea... Mercedes are going to crank on the downforce and fly away. Rain certainly won't stop that.
You mean the same way as in japan when RB was faster?

Juzh

ringo wrote: I think they will lap the field twice on this track. I'm just expecting monster performance the more technical the tracks get.
Depends on what you define as "the field".

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Juzh wrote:
BanMeToo wrote:Yea... Mercedes are going to crank on the downforce and fly away. Rain certainly won't stop that.
Sorry, did I miss something?

Juzh

bonjon1979 wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Sorry, did I miss something?
When seb and ric cleared bottas and massa they gained some 10s on the leading mercs in 10 laps.

SiLo

Pretty sure no matter what the conditions, the Mercedes will be faster. And I'm pretty sure RB went for a wet setup that day.
Felipe Baby!

SparkyAMG

Juzh wrote:When seb and ric cleared bottas and massa they gained some 10s on the leading mercs in 10 laps.
The leading Merc at the time being Rosberg who had been struggling all day long.

As mentioned above, RB went for a wet setup that weekend which helped their race pace. Think back to Spa qualifying to see what Merc can do with a wet setup. They won't be 2 seconds quicker in Brazil, but unless the conditions change dramatically over 1 lap they'll be easily clear of the field.