MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
bdr529

Re: MotoGP 2015

A little something for the TT fans,
they had the new Kawasaki H2R out for a demo run at the TT yesterday, it managed to hit 206 mph, not bad for a demo run.
Kawasaki rider James Hillier
That was insane, simply insane”, a clearly shocked Hillier declared to Manx Radio TT as the tyre burnout smoke cleared in the TT winners enclosure at the conclusion of the lap. “The first four gears are just over in a flash and the acceleration is mental.

It was fast everywhere and over the mountain, well, it was simply incredible. I had my cycling app Strava switched on for the whole lap and down Sulby straight I gave it full gas in top gear and it topped out at over 206mph…Wow!”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH01tY3qD7Q warm up and start of lap

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

bdr529 wrote:A little something for the TT fans,
they had the new Kawasaki H2R out for a demo run at the TT yesterday, it managed to hit 206 mph, not bad for a demo run.
Kawasaki rider James Hillier
That was insane, simply insane”, a clearly shocked Hillier declared to Manx Radio TT as the tyre burnout smoke cleared in the TT winners enclosure at the conclusion of the lap. “The first four gears are just over in a flash and the acceleration is mental.

It was fast everywhere and over the mountain, well, it was simply incredible. I had my cycling app Strava switched on for the whole lap and down Sulby straight I gave it full gas in top gear and it topped out at over 206mph…Wow!”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH01tY3qD7Q warm up and start of lap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uj3HgDtOsg
Guys are mental, I can barely watch them for fear they can come of at any moment

It sounds awesome btw

bdr529

JimClarkFan wrote: Guys are mental, I can barely watch them for fear they can come of at any moment

It sounds awesome btw
Then you may want to skip the 2 videos in the IOM TT 2015 thread :D
I'm sure there will be more video's posted of the Kawi demo run over the next few days, I'm looking forward to seeing some clips from the mountain section

Samraj_official

vinhales is flying!!!! Rossi why? so slow.....

Samraj_official

first pole for the SUZUKI in 8 years...anyway tomorrow is a battle between lorenzo,marquez,dovi and rossi with pedrosa in mix...over

Andres125sx

Wow that was a surprise, Suzuki´s 1-2 :shock:

Hopefully tomorrow they can fight with the big boys so we can watch a good show

Juzh

Marq :lol: :lol: should really consider motocross. Like seriously, wtf is this guy thinking this year?
Also moto gp this year is just average all round.

Samraj_official

I think that guy is a bit stubborn since he already lost a few points during the early races,but still he has a very fast bike a great team and an ability to exploit the limits of the bike.This is his 3rd unforced error,thats too bad for a guy who won 10 straight wins last year. all he needs to do is to be error free and operate within limits of the bike....if you push hard you will end up biting the dust like marq today did.

Andres125sx

Juzh wrote:Marq :lol: :lol: should really consider motocross.
Maybe that´s the problem, he practice mx too much so he think he can go sideways on a motogp too :mrgreen:

Marquez brothers

And he´s very good at dirt track too, here he´s fighing with american champion, Brad Baker

Juzh wrote: Like seriously, wtf is this guy thinking this year?
I think he was so strong past two seasons his ego is so high he´s thinking it doesn´t matter how good or bad his bike is, he can win anycase.... and obviously no, he cant

IMO it´s this season when his lack of experience is showing. First two he had the best bike, combined with a great talent, so it was easy for him, but this season with a slower bike and a lot more problems it´s when a experienced rider take advantage, or a less experienced rider struggle.

His first two seasons were a bit weird, in the sense that it´s not normal to dominate a season that much, so he had never experienced the pressure of a tough championshp previously, and the few situations when he felt some pressure, he was the rookie, so it was not same pressure. But this season the pressure of a tough championship has been combined with the pressure of being considered the #1, and this was a situation he had never lived before, real pressure.

And he´s never been one of those riders accepting he´s slower than any of his rivals, he´s used to all/nothing, but when your bike is not performing to provide all, then it´s nothing. He need to accept he can´t win always.
Juzh wrote:Also moto gp this year is just average all round.
What´s the reson for you to say this?

Honda is struggling this season, and all the rest have improved quite a lot. But there are some awesome riders...

Suzuki 1-2 on qualifying and Yamaha 1-2 on race, that speak itself about Honda´s situation

btw, today on spanish broadcast they said Redding´s bike is a full factory bike, equal to Repsol-Honda team.... if that´s true he´s really underperforming

Samraj_official

All satellite riders get factory bikes, the real differences lie in the feedback and more importantly full factory support where there are hundreds of engineers tailoring for your needs in order to make it suit for you. Scott is a good rider but a small MarcVDS team is no match for full fledged Repsol HONDA!! Also scott redding lost his form after he crashed during the 2013 races and lost his title to Espargaro

Juzh

Andres125sx wrote:
Juzh wrote:Also moto gp this year is just average all round.
What´s the reson for you to say this?

Honda is struggling this season, and all the rest have improved quite a lot. But there are some awesome riders...

Suzuki 1-2 on qualifying and Yamaha 1-2 on race, that speak itself about Honda´s situation
In terms of racing 2015 in nowhere close 2014 or 2013. Even when marq was winning everything last year we still got some good racing. Remember barca 2014? Awesome race trough and trough. This year? Meh..

Lets hope vale can turn it up in quali and challenge lorenzo in the race. As it stands, qualifying on 3rd row will not cut it. Unlikely anyone else is going to be able to follow yamaha's pace this year.

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Juzh wrote: This year? Meh..

Lets hope vale can turn it up in quali and challenge lorenzo in the race. As it stands, qualifying on 3rd row will not cut it. Unlikely anyone else is going to be able to follow yamaha's pace this year.

Yeah, you are essentially correct J..

Caramello's rule futzing/dumbing down is spoiling the racing..

So, another Spanish G.P., & another front-end lose for M-M..

George won in a fairly processional race - with a start-to-finish race lead, & team-mate Rossi made 2nd..
..not far behind, & little Dani got on the podium again at last, albeit ~15 secs back..

Suzuki boys were swamped off the line, never to recover, & the Ducati riders didn't really do much either ..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

turbof1

It was atleast somewhat comforting to see Rossi matching Lorenzo's pace. The road is still way too long for Rossi playing ot safe by constantly finishing behind Lorenzo and perhaps waiting for an error from the latter. Especially now with just having one point advantage.

Bizarre how little qualifying counts for. You could put the Yamaha's, Ducati's and Honda's quite a bit back, yet after a couple of rounds at most they are back on the positions they actually belong.

MM looks to have lost it. He simply does not have the bike to put his extreme driving style on, yet fails to adapt to the situation. Pedrosa atleast did, while still suffering from his injury.
#AeroFrodo

Samraj_official

marquez is a bit head weighted and he taught that he can still go around as win races in a trot like last year........he still rides the best machine but must know to ride within the limits of the bike,Lorenzo win comforts me as he hasn't won a championship in 4 years hope he wins this year championship. it wont be easy though rossi and marquez will keep on fighting

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Samraj_official wrote:marquez is a bit head weighted and he taught that he can still go around as win races in a trot like last year........he still rides the best machine but must know to ride within the limits of the bike,Lorenzo win comforts me as he hasn't won a championship in 4 years hope he wins this year championship. it wont be easy though rossi and marquez will keep on fighting
Quite evidently, the Yamaha factory team is demonstrating..
..that they have HRC's best beaten, pretty much consistently - so far this season..

& M-M has gone from hero-to-zero, largely due to front end issues, be they Honda, or Bridgestone based..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).