MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
SectorOne

Re: MotoGP 2015

Saw the race yesterday and my god, what a race =D>
Can´t wait until they get to my favorite MotoGP track, Silverstone.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

mikeerfol wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:It seems dani's motogp career may be over. His forearm pump has gotten worse not better, and he says it is affecting how he rides. I actually don't think it is an excuse, I believe him because I have seen him several times grasping at his forearm when he dismounts.

So the question is who replaces him if the seat at HRC becomes available?
Apparently Aoyama who is the test rider, Stoner insists he doesn't want to return.. :(
Pity really, i've always said Dani is a world champion if he doesn't get injured, and he is surely one of the best ever bike racers never to win a title.

Jolle
Jolle

JimClarkFan wrote:It seems dani's motogp career may be over. His forearm pump has gotten worse not better, and he says it is affecting how he rides. I actually don't think it is an excuse, I believe him because I have seen him several times grasping at his forearm when he dismounts.

It must be hard being Dani, while in MotoGP he had four team mates, three of them becoming WC within the same team... (Hayden, Stoner and Marquez twice).

eniacon

ChrisF1 wrote:
mikeerfol wrote:

Apparently Aoyama who is the test rider, Stoner insists he doesn't want to return.. :(
Pity really, i've always said Dani is a world champion if he doesn't get injured, and he is surely one of the best ever bike racers never to win a title.
100% agree, THE best not to have won the Premier Class Championship, don't forget he is already a 3 times World Champion.

Any quote from Stoner, link? It would be awesome to have him in the mix.
Jolle wrote:It must be hard being Dani, while in MotoGP he had four team mates, three of them becoming WC within the same team... (Hayden, Stoner and Marquez twice).
True, wonder will this arm pump force him to retire from racing, or at least sit out a year?

mikeerfol

Honda expects Pedrosa to race in Austin http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/h ... -in-austin

And about Stoner http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/217095 ... drosa.html
Suppo laughed off the suggestion that former Honda world champion Casey Stoner, recently confirmed as competing in the Suzuka 8 Hours, could take Pedrosa's place.

“Casey already said many times he will never come back to MotoGP. And anyway I believe we will find a solution [for Dani]. I'm optimistic.”

eniacon

mikeerfol wrote:Honda expects Pedrosa to race in Austin http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/h ... -in-austin

And about Stoner http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/217095 ... drosa.html
Suppo laughed off the suggestion that former Honda world champion Casey Stoner, recently confirmed as competing in the Suzuka 8 Hours, could take Pedrosa's place.

“Casey already said many times he will never come back to MotoGP. And anyway I believe we will find a solution [for Dani]. I'm optimistic.”
Excellent, thanks! Pete's a good source at crash.

SectorOne

Jolle wrote:

It must be hard being Dani, while in MotoGP he had four team mates, three of them becoming WC within the same team... (Hayden, Stoner and Marquez twice).
He will never be champ and is simply wasting a seat at the top, with or without his arm problem.
Drop one of the Espargaro´s on the bike instead.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

hpras
hpras

Ducati were "promoted" due to their success. Lost 2 litres allocation of fuel. Still have 12 unsealed engines for the year so can do development as opposed to 5 sealed engines for the full Factory class. They are run what you brung. The link below has a good explanation. But wow, what racing!!

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2015/0 ... ion-rules/

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

SectorOne wrote:
Jolle wrote:

He will never be champ and is simply wasting a seat at the top, with or without his arm problem.
Drop one of the Espargaro´s on the bike instead.

Good call, pol has the style for the Honda, but he is supposedly in line for a Yamaha factory ride. Him and MM have history too. Alex is an underrated rider too IMO.

I also have come round to yonny Hernandez, he seems to have always had the speed but crashed all the time, now he has cut his crashing out i rate him quite highly. I think he can handle more bike movement under him than anyone on the grid, there were some unreal shots of him last year.

I still think redding might be the best shout in the field though, maybe even miller. Dam there are a lot of good riders in motogp.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Certainly is a lot of quality throughout the field at the moment. We have the 'aliens', but so many riders look like potential challengers. It's an exciting time to be a fan!

Shrieker

Give that man a cookie. Phenomenal...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Juzh

Also wrong tires on the spare bike according to marq.

Shrieker

That could be just drama, but still.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

GPR-A duplicate2

Absolute Drama !!! Reminds me of classic motor racing, when drivers used to run to the car, push and then start racing. =D>

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

He is amazing! And that lap was on edge the entire time, looked like he was going to bin it about 2-3 times, and through traffic. I don't know how he kept his concentration when he was likely to be out of breath and having to navigate other bikes