Who will win in Sepang?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ketanpaul

well, i dont know about a mclaren 1-2 but i am pretty sure about the top 3 being hopefully -

1. Schumi
2. Kimi or Alonso
3.Jenson

Jason

ketanpaul wrote:well, i dont know about a mclaren 1-2 but i am pretty sure about the top 3 being hopefully -

1. Schumi
2. Kimi or Alonso
3.Jenson
I'm Mclaren 1-2 for sure, Schumi will be happy if he can take 3rd i think. But Alonso can put high preassure on Monty for sure.
Last edited by Jason on 17 Mar 2006, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Jason

ketanpaul wrote:well, i dont know about a mclaren 1-2 but i am pretty sure about the top 3 being hopefully -

1. Schumi
2. Kimi or Alonso
3.Jenson
I'm Mclaren 1-2 for sure, Schumi will be happy if he can take 3rd i think. But Alonso can put high preassure on Monty for sure.

vyselegend

I think you all forget Fisicho too quickly. Ok, he had deceiving results 'till then, but 90% time it's due too bad luck. It all depends of qualifications, but don't forget he'll start with a fresh V8 without beeing handicaped by a penality. I'm sure he can do something here.

Jason

vyselegend wrote:I think you all forget Fisicho too quickly. Ok, he had deceiving results 'till then, but 90% time it's due too bad luck. It all depends of qualifications, but don't forget he'll start with a fresh V8 without beeing handicaped by a penality. I'm sure he can do something here.
Even he starts with a fresh V8 does not mean he can win, depends on how much he pushes and not forget cooling is the "key to sucess" in Sepang :wink:

vyselegend

:P I have warned you, don't forget fisicho! POLE POSITION =D>

m3_lover

Not to be rude or anything, I love Renault, but Fisicho had the freashest engine on that last knockout without being penalized for it, but Congrads to Fisi for a job well done, I wonder if Buttom pushed too hard on his engine to try to grab pole?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Jason

m3_lover wrote:Not to be rude or anything, I love Renault, but Fisicho had the freashest engine on that last knockout without being penalized for it, but Congrads to Fisi for a job well done, I wonder if Buttom pushed too hard on his engine to try to grab pole?
JB pushed hard to get pole and Nico...congrats to Nico for placing 3rd only on his second race :D

oligator220482
oligator220482

oligator220482 wrote:I think Fisico will win after a 100% Renault first line on start grid. He will be the only top team driver with a new engine and without 10 places penalty. Alonso and other guys will have to take care of their engines.

What else can i say. Finally Kimi was lucky. I explain. If his suspension have broken during the race, it should be worse. (As well as in Japan 2005 GP testing, when his engine blown after 2-3 laps, what means that it could have exploded in one of the last laps in Bresil).

I really enjoy this season. In 2005 4 drivers and 2 teams have won all the races (excluding Indianapolis)... I don't think it will be the case in 2006.
I was sure GF can do something!! I was right.

But what about Alonso?? Someone knows something? Maybe a similar problem to what GF had in Bahrein? If it's the case there's only software to change.

I hope GF will win and Alonso will have some points.

It depends mainly on the classification at the end of the first lap. If FA can pass one or 2 McLaren, he can win. Else, it will be difficult.
Renault the BEST !!!

Jason

oligator220482 wrote:
oligator220482 wrote:I think Fisico will win after a 100% Renault first line on start grid. He will be the only top team driver with a new engine and without 10 places penalty. Alonso and other guys will have to take care of their engines.

What else can i say. Finally Kimi was lucky. I explain. If his suspension have broken during the race, it should be worse. (As well as in Japan 2005 GP testing, when his engine blown after 2-3 laps, what means that it could have exploded in one of the last laps in Bresil).

I really enjoy this season. In 2005 4 drivers and 2 teams have won all the races (excluding Indianapolis)... I don't think it will be the case in 2006.
I was sure GF can do something!! I was right.

But what about Alonso?? Someone knows something? Maybe a similar problem to what GF had in Bahrein? If it's the case there's only software to change.

I hope GF will win and Alonso will have some points.

It depends mainly on the classification at the end of the first lap. If FA can pass one or 2 McLaren, he can win. Else, it will be difficult.
Don't think Iceman and JPM is easy to pass. Alonso has to be careful with his engine or not even a point. 8)

m3_lover

Vincent buddy, come on what is with these posts, remember we want Quality not Quantity
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

RH1300S
RH1300S

Who will win????

Here's what I posted in another thread....
RH1300S wrote:It's a silly question (if you will forgive my bluntness). He went faster than his team mate and faster than any other car on the day.

It's skill..........

I think we will see a lot more of him :twisted:

I caught a few GP2 races and thought he was outstanding, his racecraft is amazing.

He COULD even win a race this year - there, I've stuck my neck out a long way :wink:
How about I stick my neck out miles and suggest Nico might have his first win here??

Do I believe this? Well, I reckon McLaren look strong.... But it's not out of the question given how well the Williams uses their tyres (fast laps late in a stint) AND the power of the Cosworth on the straights.........hmmmm

Jason

RH1300S wrote:Who will win????

Here's what I posted in another thread....
RH1300S wrote:It's a silly question (if you will forgive my bluntness). He went faster than his team mate and faster than any other car on the day.

It's skill..........

I think we will see a lot more of him :twisted:

I caught a few GP2 races and thought he was outstanding, his racecraft is amazing.

He COULD even win a race this year - there, I've stuck my neck out a long way :wink:
How about I stick my neck out miles and suggest Nico might have his first win here??

Do I believe this? Well, I reckon McLaren look strong.... But it's not out of the question given how well the Williams uses their tyres (fast laps late in a stint) AND the power of the Cosworth on the straights.........hmmmm
I must Nico has been very competetive. And the help from the 745 HP Cosworth, Webber has been very fast but I suspect Nico would beat Webber and take his podium. 8) An amazing lap from him, he beaten up Schuey :shock: as well as FA 8) . I'm impress about how fast Nico learns a circuit. Not a bad time from Mark as well :wink: .

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

We may be into one of the most competitive races in years. There are so many drivers who could win in Malaysa, and so many who are knocking for the podium. Any of the top 7 could easily win.
But watch out for Klein. He's been doing great, and posted a very slow time in final qualifying. All the cars ahead of him are rockets, so I believe he may try a one stopper, starting out on full tanks. It makes sense, at the beginning of the race there won't be anyone holding him up, and he may be able to retard the progress of any behind him. Then, if he does just one stop, we may see Klein on the podium. A very real possibility.
The race winner? If the Renault is as good as I think it is, Fisi will dominate, and win. But this is racing, anything can, and usually does happen. :)

Jason

Only one winner and my bet is Kimi, JPM or Fisico. Fisico is very unlucky lately, losing 50 HP's in Bahrain, what's his luck today?? :roll: I hope he'll lose 100 HP's and hydraulic problem again 8)