Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

ollandos wrote:i think for canada honda have upgrade engine with 2 tokens ...for 1st time full potential run of PU
for austria maybe we see the new version spec-2 engine (with some more tokens or not )...canada and austria is similar trucks ...and good for compare with canada spec car
in my head i think mclaren honda trying something like this
lookingat what you can buy with 2 tokens ...

MGU-H Complete. All internals including bearings, casing... 2
MGU-H Position, Transmission. 2
MGU-H Power electronics. 1
MGU-K Complete. All internals including bearings, casing... 2
MGU-K Position, Transmission. 2
MGU-K Power electronics. 1

If I combine that with what Arai said ...

"Canada is a power circuit, so we need more power," he said. "But it is also a heavy stopping circuit, so braking and energy recovery is very important.

"I know that we need more power, but it is not so easy to get that. So it is how to deliver the MGU-K power for that kind of high-speed circuit.”

My guess is they're replacing the MGU-K completely.

I'm pretty sure they could have tested that in Spain and we would have been none the wiser.

Andres125sx

db__ wrote:So whilst it's not 100% clear when the updated PU will be used there seems to be little sense in using the tokens to improve power and then leaving it at home.
Maybe they have a schedule for the few PU they still can use without penalization, and they need to use current PU for one more race or they´d have to assume one more penalization. Just a thought

db__

Andres125sx wrote:
db__ wrote:So whilst it's not 100% clear when the updated PU will be used there seems to be little sense in using the tokens to improve power and then leaving it at home.
Maybe they have a schedule for the few PU they still can use without penalization, and they need to use current PU for one more race or they´d have to assume one more penalization. Just a thought
True. But given there's two weeks between Canada & Austria what would the logic be to burn the tokens now rather than spending the extra time in development.

ollandos
ollandos

the plan must be like this
canada -upgrade spec 1 engine ( 2 tokens = mgu-k or mgu-h )
austria- same engine (No3-4th race ) with mp4/30B new upgade chassis
silverstone- new spec 2 engine (maybe more tokens on ice-turbo) with austria mp4/30B chassis with some track upgrades.

looks like the logical development route....for correct upgrades analysis race by race with min. engine spending

Mr.Arai say somewhere they are going to run the full potential of engine ...for canada ..(perhaps they need tokens for that ..)

FW17

^

All this upgrade talk sends HP expectation to this

trinidefender
trinidefender

Omnivores reporting of a new nose for the Austrian GP. https://translate.google.com/translate? ... muso-corto

PlatinumZealot

WilliamsF1 wrote:^

All this upgrade talk sends HP expectation to this

http://www.dragtimes.ru/files/blog/555f ... 6c1226.jpg
Dwl. lol.. only on autosport but it would be a sad day when that happens on f1tech.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mikeerfol

Thunder

So according to AMuS the Token Upgrade for Canada is not so much Power oriented but more towards efficiency and reliability. Also, as stated in the Tweet mikeerfol posted a short Nose is scheduled for Austria alongside big Chassis Updates and new Suspension (not sure if Front or Back but as they are talking about mechanical Grip i guess it will be rear).

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 16040.html

So Canada should still be painful, as expected.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Thunders wrote:So according to AMuS the Token Upgrade for Canada is not so much Power oriented but more towards efficiency and reliability.
Don't those kind of go hand-in-hand? Like the PU is not reliable enough now, so they have to turn down the power. So theoretically if they make it more reliable, they can then unleash more of its potential power.

turbof1

acosmichippo wrote:
Thunders wrote:So according to AMuS the Token Upgrade for Canada is not so much Power oriented but more towards efficiency and reliability.
Don't those kind of go hand-in-hand? Like the PU is not reliable enough now, so they have to turn down the power. So theoretically if they make it more reliable, they can then unleash more of its potential power.
Except that updating reliability on its own does not cost tokens.

I think this has to do with the fuel consumption. While they were at it they updated the reliability too, but the main thing it was about, was getting a lower fuel consumption. We know that the Honda PU is quite thirsty.
#AeroFrodo

Andres125sx

turbof1 wrote:
acosmichippo wrote:
Except that updating reliability on its own does not cost tokens.

I think this has to do with the fuel consumption. While they were at it they updated the reliability too, but the main thing it was about, was getting a lower fuel consumption. We know that the Honda PU is quite thirsty.
I read somewhere (months ago tough) Alonso said they actually don´t know what´s their real fuel consumption, because since they can´t use the electric part to its full potential, they´re forced to use more fuel

So it´s quite thirsty, but as any other PU would be on that circumstances

Vasconia

Thunders wrote:So according to AMuS the Token Upgrade for Canada is not so much Power oriented but more towards efficiency and reliability. Also, as stated in the Tweet mikeerfol posted a short Nose is scheduled for Austria alongside big Chassis Updates and new Suspension (not sure if Front or Back but as they are talking about mechanical Grip i guess it will be rear).

And Alonso has said that the PU is exactly the same as the one which was used in Monaco, so yes, it will be painful.

diffuser

Vasconia wrote:
Thunders wrote:So according to AMuS the Token Upgrade for Canada is not so much Power oriented but more towards efficiency and reliability. Also, as stated in the Tweet mikeerfol posted a short Nose is scheduled for Austria alongside big Chassis Updates and new Suspension (not sure if Front or Back but as they are talking about mechanical Grip i guess it will be rear).

And Alonso has said that the PU is exactly the same as the one which was used in Monaco, so yes, it will be painful.

He said the engine was the same, not the power unit.

They updated the TC and the mgu-k. So the ICE didn't change. Little play on words from FA.

GoranF1
GoranF1

diffuser wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

He said the engine was the same, not the power unit.

They updated the TC and the mgu-k. So the ICE didn't change. Little play on words from FA.[/quote]

MGU-H
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."