Manor Marussia MR03B Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
proteus

Re: Manor Marussia MR03B Ferrari

From the pics above, its just looks like the components doesnt fit like they should...hopefully there wont be a repetition of the 2010 testing happenings, where parts were flying off from the new virgins and HRTs...it still looks somewhat they are in only for the prize....investment with few millions, paid back with 35millions...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

PlatinumZealot

They must have started the engine and ran it through it paces on a dyno already right?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

proteus

i doubt they needed it back on the dyno, it was optimised for the 2014 season, and they cant change anything about it, due to the tokens rule, so they are where they are, my opinion is that dyno testing is in this case kind of useless and only waste of resources
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Richard
Richard

Hopefully they will have fired up in the UK to makes sure everything worked before sending it to Melbourne.

Although I could well imagine that there was some bit missing or not working when it left the UK that they hoped to fix when they get to Melbourne. Bear in mind that big teams takes hours in testing to get the engines working, the odds of a small team hit a snag that can't be fixed will be quite high.

JCC

A real bummer if they can´t get the engine to work. It made me so happy to see them back. :)

But they would still be entitled the 2014 prize money they earned if they just turn up for the event, right?
"We're having chassis, aero and motor problems.
Other than that, things are great."

Hail22

Re: Manor MNR1 - Ferrari (aka 2015 Marussia)

Thursday 12/03/2015

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

f1showcars
f1showcars

Re: Manor MNR1 - Ferrari (aka 2015 Marussia)

f1showcars wrote:
cubejam wrote:Some pictures of the changes that were made:

Wednesday

http://i.imgur.com/PIpzQfa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PxvkMOZ.jpg

Well i think looking back at the 2015 windtunnel model pictures it would be a safe bet to say the nose cone will be of that or similar design, as you can see where this part would of been. I presume it will have a sloped cover to bridge it from the top of the monocoque to the end of this new bulkhead part
to quote myself that looks like what they have done

f1showcars
f1showcars

WaikeCU wrote:Omg... Imagine some blokes of Marussia knocking on some nerd's garage door to buy the software back or even asking permission to use the software. :lol:
Wonder if they will come for the MR03 monocoque moulds i have. More than likely they have built new ones

BlackSwan
BlackSwan

Racer X

I honestly like the car very well done given well everything they had to overcome to be in Australia today.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Henning
Henning

Could a moderator please make this thread sticky as with the other current cars.

Does anyone have any photos from Malaysia? Especially of the car on track.

Morteza

2014 Ferrari V6 turbo on MR03B:

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

n04h f1
n04h f1

mattylwd
mattylwd

Does anyone know if or when they will use the new Ferrari engine in 2015? If I remember correct the 2015 does not fit in the 2014 chasis.