Malaysian GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Spencifer_Murphy

Its really is a case of who's engine lasts. I mean we could be failt certain with the V10's...but V8's are uncharted terretory for this 2race weekend engine rules era.

After all v8's = less cooling etc. what are the chances that some teams have miscalculated, and left the cars a little too fragile for this race (much like RBR in winter testing). It could happen.

With regards to race & quali:

Pole will go to either of the Ferrari's, Fernando or Kimi. Oh and keep an eye out for Mark Webber too. Not nessecarily pole, but he has a habit of qualifying well here.

Race podium, I rekon: 1. Fernando, 2. Schumi, 3. JPM / Button / Rubens

I've left options open for 3rd as Honda look top be quick but admit to having difficlty with setup at Sepang, so IF they get that sorted one of them will get 3rd. If not it will go to JPM as Kimi's engine will blow due to the hard race at Bharain...

...speaking of which, does anybody know if Kimi changed his engine after his quali accident? It would make sence that he did, cause he's already on back row, so change the engine for better reliability. Unless I'm missing something here?
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Sodder
Sodder

Jason wrote: I think there will be a tough battle in the raced, I would like to see the face Schuey when spins out in the wet. Which he was called " Master of Rain" 8)
If theres any precip. around you cannot rule out Heidfield. He always seems to run really well in the rain.

Spencifer_Murphy

True true, he does have a nack for wet weather running. As does Schumi and Webber.

...So did Ayrton :cry:

Sodder
Sodder

Woah, talk about a turn to negative town.

However, I agree. I just wish I was old enough to know what I was seeing when I used to wake up early and watch him as a kid.

Spencifer_Murphy

Sorru not trying to be negative...I've just been reading a paperback about his crash in Imola 1994...its research for a University project on "Engineering Faliure". Even though it wasnt an Engineering Faliure its a good example of possible lawsuits caused by what is thought to be an Engineering faliure.

Neway, sorry for the OT.

I'm looking forward to this race. Its a bit of a dive into the unknown with the engines and all. :lol:

Jason

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:Sorru not trying to be negative...I've just been reading a paperback about his crash in Imola 1994...its research for a University project on "Engineering Faliure". Even though it wasnt an Engineering Faliure its a good example of possible lawsuits caused by what is thought to be an Engineering faliure.

Neway, sorry for the OT.
are you going off topic? :roll:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Spencifer_Murphy

lol thats y i said "Sorry for the OT" and quickly switched back to topic :P

Jason

Sorry and not Sorru.....Newey and not Neway :wink:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Scuderia_Russ

Oh FFS, here he goes again! :roll:

m3_lover

http://www.formula1.com/race/technical_ ... 2/252.html

I guess the additional wings on the front wings are called 'EARS' now
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

m3_lover

Montoya caused some amusement when his McLaren stopped at the end of the pit lane, just across the exit line. Under the regulations he could not move it backwards under its own power, and since he was effectively on the race track, only he was allowed to move it back into pit lane. Grabbing a jack, the Colombian hauled the car back until his pit crew were able to finish the job for him. He got going again, but later spun in Turn 14.

Make him work for those millions that he earns hahahah
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Principessa

I'm not so sure Kimi's engine won't last. Of course he pushed it hard last week, but I think it will last. Of course, as Alonso fan...I hope it doesn't :P

Alexis
Alexis

I think Kimi's engine will last, at some point he has to become lucky you know. If his merc explodes then I don't believe in God anymore... nah. :D . But still, it is a very hot grand-prix...

I'm not sure Schuey's engine will last. He pushed hard too last race, almost until the last lap when he tried to catch Alonso. And they had to change the engines of Massa en Coulthard...
It could be the case that ferrari wants to play it safe(r) by putting less stress on Schuey's V8 by limiting the RPM redline. I won't be surprised when he is driving a slower pace sunday.

Tomorrow I'll finaly will get the "watching F1 in the early morning" feeling again. :D My Alarm Clock is already programmed... 6.30AM hell yeah! :twisted:
Show that you're a loser with a lot of money who can't get a racing license, drive the Gumball 3000...

Surry fer mai bed Hinglish

allan
allan

well, looks like it's shumi's engine which won't last!
that's what i read on f1racing.net
i believe ferrari are going back to the mid 90s againnnnnnnnn! :evil:

Principessa

Tiago Monteiro really got hurt today during the last practice session. On of his nervs are pressed. He couldn't even get out of the car on his own! The mechanics had to lift him out of it! It's not sure if he'll be able to drive tomorrow and Sunday!