2015 German GP - DEAD..............

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2015 German GP - DEAD..............

Germany needs to get with the times. You have to do the whole weekend as an entertainment package to maximise revenue.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

FW17

Nothing to do with Entertainment package, tickets are just too costly in comparison to other forms for sports and entertainment
Last edited by FW17 on 17 Mar 2015, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.

FW17

Sachsenring width is fine
12 - 20 m

Spa
11-12 m

Catalunya
11 m

Istanbul Park
15 m

FW17

void wrote: This is why WEC is being the new Pinnacle of Racing, different concepts, different engines, different approaches, freedom of development.
WEC also has balance of performance, they keep toying with the fuel flow just to keep things close.

How many times have we heard Toyota and Audi complain

Facts Only
Facts Only

PlatinumZealot wrote:Germany needs to get with the times. You have to do the whole weekend as an entertainment package to maximise revenue.
Exactly, if Austrian GP can be sold out then there's nothing to stop the German promoters doing the same.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

FW17

Facts Only wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Germany needs to get with the times. You have to do the whole weekend as an entertainment package to maximise revenue.
Exactly, if Austrian GP can be sold out then there's nothing to stop the German promoters doing the same.
:D
What were the prices?

Mandrake
Mandrake

Last year, tickets were very pricey. The uncertainty about the cars sound was enough for me to discard thinking about visiting the place.

Secondly, The Nรผrburgring is a very remote location, you need to travel quite a bit to get there, the last kms on rural roads which are always crowded during such events.

Lastly, the cost for the event was higher than the return. Why would anyone host a race under these circumstances?

F1 gets less and less attention in Germany. The races are boring, the TV coverage is drastically reduced. (Example: in the past the Australian GP would be broadcasted live at 6am and then reaired at 2pm for those that did not want to get up early. Now it's just the live coverage and some summary on a advertisment-heavy small network). Even in AMS the coverage is reduced and the tone is very negative towards F1. Even though it's a Mercedes at front, people do not "identify" the car with the brand. After all it's a driver's sport, people cheer for drivers mostly, not for a british built car with a Mercedes Logo on it.

I'm not surprised and not sad about this. I'm only sad about the fact, that Bernie and whoever else are in charge are not even remotely bothered by this. After all the empty spot can be filled with a race in Timbuktu who will gladly pay 40m$ to have a race in the country.......

sectionate
sectionate

bdr529 wrote:
F1Sidecar wrote: Its all wrong. At least the proper racing starts soon. The real men racing the real machines. Motorcycle road racing! there is no messing about with our tracks! ha ha
I total agree with your underlining point Bernie is a greedy pig the health of F1 doesn't look that great right now.
but what is it that makes you think that motorcycle road racing is "proper racing" and not formula 1
It isn't just Bernie though, it is the whole paddock. I recently read No Angel (the BE biography), and the stories of various team principals vying for more money from F1 because their teams are struggling, yet turned up at shooting parties with custom built Mercedes. There are endless tales like this; I the Ken Tyrrell said it best when he said the FIA 100 year lease would mean Ecclestone would sell F1 off (I can't find the quote at the moment).

I personally think it is the whole sport that needs looking at, FOM, the tracks and the teams. As much as I hate to say it, but I think the whole cost capping exercise proposed by Mosley was one of the sanist things in recent times in the sport. The money could be better spent, tracks could be better supported by the sport and teams wouldn't face. None if this can happen whilst BE is in charge, but I think that once he goes, the sport will descend into anarchy.

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:
yeah i was always looking forward to Hockenheimring for that amazing straight and chicane. that was golden. removing that immediately murdered the hockenheimring into some castrated boring kart track.

this is what's left of that legendary straight

http://richardsf1.com/wp-content/upload ... age154.png
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/3993256.jpg

so sad.

i mean, nature is beatifull, don't get me wrong. but this is just.....murder.
Holy sh*t, put some zombies out there and we will have the infamous tv-serie we all know. Very sad. I used to love this track, my favorite track alongside Spa and Canada. Yes, I love fast tracks where drivers showed who had balls to brake the last one.

MOWOG

The reason why it's so hard, is because Bernie's fees are ludicrous.
"He loves only gold, only gold. He loves GOLD!"

Can someone photoshop Bernie's face onto this?

Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

PlatinumZealot

WilliamsF1 wrote:Nothing to do with Entertainment package, tickets are just too costly in comparison to other forms for sports and entertainment
I don't buy that the tickets are too expensive for them. Germany is a first world country with very good median salary. One of the best economies in the world. They arguably make the best cars, the least they could do is market and package the thing a bit better. In fact if they packaged the event better, they can lower the ticket prices.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

SectorOne

WilliamsF1 wrote:Sachsenring width is fine
12 - 20 m

Spa
11-12 m

Catalunya
11 m

Istanbul Park
15 m
Monaco
2,5 Planck units
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Gaz.
Gaz.

PlatinumZealot wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:Nothing to do with Entertainment package, tickets are just too costly in comparison to other forms for sports and entertainment
I don't buy that the tickets are too expensive for them. Germany is a first world country with very good median salary. One of the best economies in the world. They arguably make the best cars, the least they could do is market and package the thing a bit better. In fact if they packaged the event better, they can lower the ticket prices.
2014 3 day ticket prices:

http://f1destinations.com/2014-f1-tickets-analysis/

Silverstone are taking the piss and it clearly isn't the Hockenheim ticket proces that are the issue after all.
Forza Jules

FW17

Gaz can you compare the 156 USD grandstand ticket to a UEFA Champions League game in Germany?

FW17

F1 should get Zandvoort in while MV still has an F1 career