Renault + Malaysian Grand Prix

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
m3_lover

Renault + Malaysian Grand Prix

In the Malaysian Grand Prix, Renault had a slit/hole (delta) hole on the top of the nose cone near where the antenna's are, was that for cooling the driver in the race?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Scuderia_Russ

Most likely to reduce cockpit temperature. I think Ferrari runs eith one too.

manchild
manchild

That one on top of he chassis (not nose cone) is for extra cooling, otherwise they use only the one at the nose edge.

Principessa

Does anyone has a picture of that? :oops:

manchild
manchild

It is on S of "Mild Seven"

Principessa

Thank you for pointing that out for me...I really didn't notice it during race!

manchild
manchild

np :wink:

That is only differently shaped cover used for approach to suspesnion. Usualy it is flat (fully closed) but for very hot races it looks like this enabling air to enter the cockpit.