2015 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrewf1

Re: 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir

iotar__ wrote:
ringo wrote:I don't think Rosberg will challenge lewis. We quickly forget that it was the safety car that even allowed Nico to see Hamilton's taillight and to make matters worse he could not pass him with faster tyres. So if all goes well and there are no safety cars then Lewis will continue to dangle a carrot in front of Nico.
Not this again, just rewatch this damn race. "We quickly forget"? Indeed, you (plural) apparently forgot 3/4 of the 2014 race, the part you didn't like and 1/4 you remember you remember wrongly.
I suggest you rewatch the race instead. Lewis was about 8-9 seconds ahead before the safety car :roll:

Edit: 9.7 seconds to be more precise. There's no way in hell Rosberg would've ever clawed that gap back.

iotar__

andrewf1 wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
ringo wrote:I don't think Rosberg will challenge lewis. We quickly forget that it was the safety car that even allowed Nico to see Hamilton's taillight and to make matters worse he could not pass him with faster tyres. So if all goes well and there are no safety cars then Lewis will continue to dangle a carrot in front of Nico.
Not this again, just rewatch this damn race. "We quickly forget"? Indeed, you (plural) apparently forgot 3/4 of the 2014 race, the part you didn't like and 1/4 you remember you remember wrongly.
I suggest you rewatch the race instead. Lewis was about 8-9 seconds ahead before the safety car :roll:

Edit: 9.7 seconds to be more precise. There's no way in hell Rosberg would've ever clawed that gap back.
This is literally like banging your head against the wall 50 times in a row, like a broken record
- DID THIS RACE START WITH A SAFETY CAR?
- WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE THE SAFETY CAR? - STEP BY STEP PLEASE
- WHY WAS HE 9,7 s BEHIND? !!! ---> TYRES <---!!!!, LONGER 1ST STINT + LATER STOP, SAVING FUEL IN THE FIRST STINT (KIND OF IRRELEVANT SINCE HE CAUGHT HAMILTON BEFORE THE STOP AND WITH SC BUT STILL INDICATION OF PACE)

There really should be bans for such blatant denials of reality here. It's like maths forums where: 2+2=22, argue with me hehehehe.

Richard
Richard

iotar__ wrote:This is literally like banging your head against the wall 50 times in a row, like a broken record ...
There really should be bans for such blatant denials of reality here. It's like maths forums where: 2+2=22, argue with me hehehehe.
Which is why driver comparisons are a waste of time. One person's missed opportunity is another person's evidence of impotence.

That's why I say the points don't lie, the order of the cars crossing the line is purpose of this competition. Anything else is chaff, a distraction.

So from this point onwards, let's live in the present. Posts lamenting the past will be scrubbed.

f1316
f1316

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/32340432

Interesting that Hamilton is referencing Malaysia a lot:
Hamilton said: "You have to assume that Ferrari will be very strong again, but I think we're going to try and take, from our experience with Malaysia, a slightly different approach.
"I feel quite confident that as a team we can rectify that issue that we had in Malaysia.
He's not saying 'we got on top of the tyres in China, Bahrain will be cooler etc.' so my inference is they expect some of the conditions (perhaps rear limited nature of circuit) to be more similar to Malaysia.

Phil

I believe the exact broadcast times haven't been posted yet, so here they are:

Code: Select all

P1:   Fri 13:00 CEST   -   UK 12:00
P2:   Fri 17:00 CEST   -   UK 16:00
P3:   Sat 14:00 CEST   -   UK 13:00
QF:   Sat 17:00 CEST   -   UK 16:00
Race: Sun 17:00 CEST   -   UK 16:00
From what I can tell, Bahrain will be broadcasted live on BBC. :D
Last edited by Phil on 17 Apr 2015, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Juzh

f1316 wrote:perhaps rear limited nature of circuit
Most likely. Not lots of other reference points between those circuits. Heat will not be an issue.

arahman_93
arahman_93

Phil wrote:I believe the exact broadcast times haven't been posted yet, so here they are:

Code: Select all

P1:   Fri 13:00 CEST   -   UK 12:00
P2:   Fri 17:00 CEST   -   UK 16:00
P3:   Sat 14:00 CEST   -   UK 13:00
QF:   Sat 17:00 CEST   -   UK 16:00
Race: Sun 17:00 CEST   -   UK 16:00
From what I can tell, Bahrain will not be broadcasted live on BBC. :(
I belive it is live on the bbc all sessions.

Phil

Oh, yes indeed. I stand corrected! :oops: Will edit my post.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

dren

The Autosport commentators have a sense of humor:

11:56 A cloud of dust at the final corner, and out of it emerges - you guessed it - Maldonado, who ran wide and then kept his foot in through the concrete run off, probably unaware that he was heading towards dark gravel as well!
Honda!

dren

It appears that Mercedes jumped straight into long stint tests. Maybe they are focusing a bit more on tire longevity.
Honda!

Felipe 92

MercedesAMGSpy

Interesting to see the track temps during FP2.

SectorOne

Fp2 will be the session to watch, should be near identical conditions come race day.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

dren wrote:It appears that Mercedes jumped straight into long stint tests. Maybe they are focusing a bit more on tire longevity.
Correct. Probably going to be the last super hot session before Budapest in mid summer so likely trying to get lots of data to analyse before then.

Vasconia

Jonnycraig wrote:
dren wrote:It appears that Mercedes jumped straight into long stint tests. Maybe they are focusing a bit more on tire longevity.
Correct. Probably going to be the last super hot session before Budapest in mid summer so likely trying to get lots of data to analyse before then.
Barcelona could be hot as well.

Funny FP1 with lots of Renault engines on the top, even Alonso with the Macca!! :mrgreen:

Another reliability problem for Button, this time with the battery if I am not wrong. Hopefully he will ran in FP2.