"Crashtor?" Madonado worst diver ever?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Re: "Crashtor?" Madonado worst diver ever?

I would love to know how many hours Luca Badoer has spent driving a Formula 1 car compared to some World Champions, he's racked up some miles considering how few races he did.

In defence of his 2009 performances, it wasn't as if Fisichella did much better, and he had been racing a 2009 F1 car all year. Badoer hadn't driven it in 7-8 months.

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

ChrisF1 wrote:I would love to know how many hours Luca Badoer has spent driving a Formula 1 car compared to some World Champions, he's racked up some miles considering how few races he did.

In defence of his 2009 performances, it wasn't as if Fisichella did much better, and he had been racing a 2009 F1 car all year. Badoer hadn't driven it in 7-8 months.
I thought Fisichella would've done better than he did, considering he finished 2nd at Spa earlier that year in the Force India.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

PlatinumZealot

The same for Heikki Kovalainen in the Lotus in 2013.. he pretty much couldn't score a point in a race winning car, and this is a decent driver who was driving the Caterham the previous year. I think Badoer did OK in the circumstances.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Nathanael F1 wrote:
ChrisF1 wrote:I would love to know how many hours Luca Badoer has spent driving a Formula 1 car compared to some World Champions, he's racked up some miles considering how few races he did.

I thought Fisichella would've done better than he did, considering he finished 2nd at Spa earlier that year in the Force India.
Which essentially ruined his career. I always though Fisichella should have stayed @ Force India as he was well accostumed there and they were doing pretty well. They were definately doing better then the 2nd Ferrari car either way, so i never understood why he took that risk. Seems to me it was more emotional rather then a well conciderd choise.

I think Ferrari 'hoped' Fischella would have done better in that Ferrari because they simply though 'if he can win in a FI, he'll home in that 2nd Ferrari in a good spot'. Both made the wrong decision imho though. Pay must have been good though for Fisi.

As for Badoer, i never understood that. I mean, i didn't expect him to do that bad but really, how long was he not in a F1 race. They could have chosen any driver over him, and still get atleast similar results.

That Ferrari really must have been hell to drive. Amazing though that Kimi managed to perform so good with it. Even more amazing that Massa got so much better performance out of it compared to his replacements. Either way, when Massa was out, that 2nd Ferrari car simply was 'going nowhere'.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Manoah2u wrote:
Nathanael F1 wrote:

Which essentially ruined his career. I always though Fisichella should have stayed @ Force India as he was well accostumed there and they were doing pretty well. They were definately doing better then the 2nd Ferrari car either way, so i never understood why he took that risk. Seems to me it was more emotional rather then a well conciderd choise.

I think Ferrari 'hoped' Fischella would have done better in that Ferrari because they simply though 'if he can win in a FI, he'll home in that 2nd Ferrari in a good spot'. Both made the wrong decision imho though. Pay must have been good though for Fisi.

As for Badoer, i never understood that. I mean, i didn't expect him to do that bad but really, how long was he not in a F1 race. They could have chosen any driver over him, and still get atleast similar results.

That Ferrari really must have been hell to drive. Amazing though that Kimi managed to perform so good with it. Even more amazing that Massa got so much better performance out of it compared to his replacements. Either way, when Massa was out, that 2nd Ferrari car simply was 'going nowhere'.
I was always thought Ferrari gave Luca Badoer the drive as a way to thank him for his long-time services as test driver.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

I'm sure that was widely reported at the time, and it would be refreshing to hear if true.

As for Fisi - is there anybody in this thread that wouldn't take a Ferrari drive in his situation? Getting in one of those cars is a dream for any person, let alone an Italian.

Facts Only
Facts Only

Manoah2u wrote:
Nathanael F1 wrote:

Fisi' was supposedly on a EUR2million bonus per podium scored at FIF1 so he may have been better off staying at FIF1 for Monza and trying to get on the podium again (Sutil finished 4th in his FIF1 at Monza).
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

SGeorge
SGeorge

I think Badoer will be remembered as a decent test driver but not a quick race driver. I recall the commentator (believe it was Brundle) highlighting how the first lap of first practice, Badoer came out the pits at Spa and nailed Eau Rouge flat. Not the challenge it was, but I thoguht fair play to him!

Andres125sx

PlatinumZealot wrote:I think Badoer did OK in the circumstances.
Wow, if you find ok finishing last with the same car that won the race I wonder what´s needed for you to say he was disastrous

Maybe not a fair example as it was 10 years since his last season as F1 driver, but anycase I can´t remind any other example this embarrasing

wesley123
wesley123

When was the last time Badoer actually did a race? I believe the last race he did before his return in 2009 was in the Minardi 10 years ago. The guy literally has had no racing experience whatsoever, I don't know why anyone expected it to go well to begin with.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

wesley123 wrote:When was the last time Badoer actually did a race? I believe the last race he did before his return in 2009 was in the Minardi 10 years ago. The guy literally has had no racing experience whatsoever, I don't know why anyone expected it to go well to begin with.
According to Wikipedia, the last time he raced was in 1999. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luca_Badoe ... ne_results

proteus

Andres125sx wrote:
Wow, if you find ok finishing last with the same car that won the race I wonder what´s needed for you to say he was disastrous

Maybe not a fair example as it was 10 years since his last season as F1 driver, but anycase I can´t remind any other example this embarrasing
Fisichella almost won with Force India that season and was still no match to others in the Ferrari...He would had more chances to win points if he would stay at the FI
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Andres125sx

proteus wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Fisichella almost won with Force India that season and was still no match to others in the Ferrari...He would had more chances to win points if he would stay at the FI
Fisicho 2009 results:

FI:
DNF

Ferrari:

Quoting his best result with FI when it was the exception doesn´t look very realistic to me. And if you look at FI and Ferrari results, from those final 5 races, Ferrari scored points 6 times (Fisichella 2 times), while FI only 1 counting both cars. So no, IMO he did the correct choice

And as someone posted earlier.... An italian driver with the oportunity to race for Ferrari... on Monza? And you think he should have rejected? I can only say even with a million reasons against, I´d have understood the choice, but there was no reasons against, so I can´t understand how some people say (you´ve not been the first) he should have stayed in FI

Racer X

http://fast-mag.com/2015/06/pastor-debe ... l-asiento/

Lotus tells him his seat isn't guaranteed?

Do they mean next season or this season'.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

this season. might have something to do with the danger of Renault still ending up re-buying the Lotus team.
If they do, i'm fairly sure it's bye-bye pastor. Grosjean probably will stay thanks to his Renault link and Total sponsor.
who would fit the 2nd seat if pastor is ousted? good question. how about Vergne?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"