2015 Austrian Grand Prix - 19-21 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Re: 2015 Austrian Grand Prix - 19-21 June

ALO-RAI, race incident or not, is there actually anyone who genuinely believe that ALO needs to be punished for this? Apparently the engine is destroyed because of the accident, needs to be replaced and as a result another grid penalty? If true, these rules are a joke.

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:
Moose wrote: Ah, I see... We're not talking about it in the 2014 thread. As I said there... *cough* Bottas *cough*.

He's been consistent and Fast. Ricciardo lately has been getting beaten by his team mate. Not that ofc Bottas wasn't beaten today.
This again?

WDC:
7th DANIEL RICCIARDO 36 points
8th DANIIL KVYAT points 19

So Ricciardo has almost 90% more points than Kvyat

Oh sorry, you said lately....

Austria 2015 standings:

10th DANIEL RICCIARDO 1 point
11th FELIPE NASR 0
12th DANIIL KVYAT 0 points

:roll:

Leaving apart all the sh*t of the Ricciardo-Kvyat stuff, I would say that Kvyat has been quite consistent in the last races and he qualified better this Saturday. But his race was compromised due to some problems caused by an incident with another car.

Both drivers performance is quite similar and the points dont reflect it. Anyway RB´s performance is getting worse instead of improving so I expect a hard season for both drivers, what a shame.

ME4ME

Vasconia wrote:Leaving apart all the sh*t of the Ricciardo-Kvyat stuff, I would say that Kvyat has been quite consistent in the last races and he qualified better this Saturday. But his race was compromised due to some problems caused by an incident with another car.

Both drivers performance is quite similar and the points dont reflect it. Anyway RB´s performance is getting worse instead of improving so I expect a hard season for both drivers, what a shame.
Exactly. The drivers aren't the problem at the moment. They have bigger stuff to worry about.

With the updated Merc engine Lotus, Williams and Force India have taken a step forward relative to Red Bull.
They are also at least matching Red Bull in development. If Force India is able to improve like they expect, Red Bull need to worry.

djos

Andres125sx wrote:
Moose wrote: Ah, I see... We're not talking about it in the 2014 thread. As I said there... *cough* Bottas *cough*.

He's been consistent and Fast. Ricciardo lately has been getting beaten by his team mate. Not that ofc Bottas wasn't beaten today.
This again?

WDC:

Austria 2015 standings:

11th FELIPE NASR 0

And let's not forget that Ricciardo started from 18th one place behind Kyvat and raced his way into the points. Kyvat was nowhere.
"In downforce we trust"

Emmcee

Riccardo drove his a$$ of to score that last point. Especially against the sauber which has more hp than the Redbull.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

djos

2015 Austrian Grand Prix - 19-21 June

Emmcee wrote:Riccardo drove his a$$ of to score that last point. Especially against the sauber which has more hp than the Redbull.
Yeah he really set that move up well so he was in the right place to hold the position coming out of the series of corners.

Btw as a Williams fan it was really nice to see Massa grab that last spot on the podium!

Ps and that save from Maldo was epic, found some new respect for him after that!
"In downforce we trust"

Kiril Varbanov

That was a pretty boring race. I have to quote myself:
https://twitter.com/Kiril_Varbanov/stat ... 4485292032 I'm frankly good off TV air - I don't know how I would lie to the viewers that something interesting is happening. Also, the penalties have gone on the pathetic side. Hamilton passes over some white line couple of cm and gets a penalty. The over-regulated world of F1 is becoming truly ridiculous.
Next race Button and Alonso will have to start from Nordschleife and barely just a couple of cars will finish. Absolute farce.

Emmcee

djos wrote:
Emmcee wrote:Riccardo drove his a$$ of to score that last point. Especially against the sauber which has more hp than the Redbull.
Yeah he really set that move up well so he was in the right place to hold the position coming out of the series of corners.

Btw as a Williams fan it was really nice to see Massa grab that last spot on the podium!

Ps and that save from Maldo was epic, found some new respect for him after that!
I thought dan over done it in turn three running a tad wide on the exit but to my suprise the Redbull got some good traction out of the corner and like you said, allowed him to place the car nicely into turn 4 and 5. As for pastor, he held that well, bet he ripped a hole in his pants over that.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

cherok1212

I was sure ROS was going to get a pit lane violation when he went Burt Reynolds coming into the pits. SAI had been penelized right before I believe.
If consistently being 7/10ths faster than you is a "mind game", then yes Jenson, Lewis was playing "games" with you.

drunkf1fan
drunkf1fan

The engine penalties still aren't the issue, bad engineering was. The penalties AREN'T HURTING Mclaren, they can't even finish the race due to even worse engineering. They went from a slow car that can finish races to a slow car that can't finish races. To be competitive they would require a different engine(frankly enough changes compared to the current one as to call it a different engine), at which point penalties will become less bad. The engine is so bad, comically bad that the penalties don't even matter, did Button actually serve his penalty? It wasn't intended or presumed that when someone takes a 5th or 6th engine they'd need to take 3+ parts of it. Most failures would be 1-2 parts in most cases so 10-15 place penalties and yes the time penalties are great.

Why should someone who qualifies 3rd start 13th if they get a 10 place grid penalty, but someone who qualifies 18th, or not at all, start in 20th? The time penalties which aren't as harsh as grid penalties, serve to even up the penalties across the teams. Previously they hurt top 10 qualifiers significantly harder than the slower teams, they are now significantly fairer and don't effect the next race. These penalties are WAY fairer and more sensible than last season and the 5 and 10 second penalties are a HUGE improvement over the penalties received for minor issues in the past 20 years.

The only way you can get 25+ place grid penalties every week under these regulations is if you have a car that basically can't even finish a race anyway. If you said mclaren were exempt from penalties... nothing would change for them. Make a joke engine, take joke penalties, seems appropriate to me.

drunkf1fan
drunkf1fan

cherok1212 wrote:I was sure ROS was going to get a pit lane violation when he went Burt Reynolds coming into the pits. SAI had been penelized right before I believe.

I thought it would have been pretty funny to see Rosberg get a speeding penalty, everyone think Hamilton was going to get ahead, then see Hamilton get a penalty right after and it be evened out. Rosberg was very lucky that he managed to get the speed down just in time.

Vasconia

djos wrote:
And let's not forget that Ricciardo started from 18th one place behind Kyvat and raced his way into the points. Kyvat was nowhere.
Kvyat had to change its front-wing in the first laps and he also had some damages which couldnt be repaired. All the race was compromised after that because the car was difficult to handle.

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Vasconia wrote:
djos wrote:
Kvyat had to change its front-wing in the first laps and he also had some damages which couldnt be repaired. All the race was compromised after that because the car was difficult to handle.
How did Kvyat get damage?
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Don't think we saw what happened, but it was in Turn 1 as I (we probably all) spotted him driving along with the front wing sparking where it was hitting the ground.

EDIT:

Meant to actually post:

Is the Alonso accident a similar impact to the one that knocked him unconcious in testing?

Andres125sx

Vasconia wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

This again?

WDC:

Austria 2015 standings:

11th FELIPE NASR 0

Leaving apart all the sh*t of the Ricciardo-Kvyat stuff, I would say that Kvyat has been quite consistent in the last races and he qualified better this Saturday. But his race was compromised due to some problems caused by an incident with another car.

Agree on that, Kvyat is proving very strong perfomance, after past season and Ricciardo´s beating to Vettel, I didn´t expect Kvyat to keep up, but he´s doing quite well

But that´s very different to what some people say about Kvyat performing much better than Ricciardo lately