2015 Austrian Grand Prix - 19-21 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dero
dero

Re: 2015 Austrian Grand Prix

dren wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:What are the thoughts on the expected turn out this year?

Red Bull is in a shambles so possible less of a crowd... but could there be large contingency of Austrian fans who support the Austrian leadership at Mercedes?
I expect a large turn out. Red Bull is at its best when handling the promotion.
If "formel1.de" is to be believed there are merely 50k tickets sold at this point in time. Last years sunday attendance was >100k. I myself attended last year and wont do so this year. I'm planning on visiting the test thats happening a few days later.

cheers.

Samraj_official

mikeerfol wrote:I remember reading that Marko said both Red Bulls will take their 5th ICE in Austria and get a 10 place grid penalty.
let them take and let them eat dust...i have never really liked redbulla as they where never a true team from day 1 they were an artificial plastic advertising team.the true teams are mclaren,williams,sauber,lotus,FI and manor

George-Jung
George-Jung

Samraj_official wrote:
mikeerfol wrote:I remember reading that Marko said both Red Bulls will take their 5th ICE in Austria and get a 10 place grid penalty.
let them take and let them eat dust...i have never really liked redbulla as they where never a true team from day 1 they were an artificial plastic advertising team.the true teams are mclaren,williams,sauber,lotus,FI and manor
What is your problem dude? :wtf: Besides the nonsence you are saying... you also forgot to mention Ferrari and calling Manor a true team?? :wtf:

Pierce89

Samraj_official wrote:
Just out of curiosity,why did you leave Ferrari and Merc out of the "true" teams but put McLaren in there . Ferrari has been in F1 longer than anyone, while the Brackley team has also been around for quite a while and many times refused to die
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Samraj_official

Pierce89 wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:
Just out of curiosity,why did you leave Ferrari and Merc out of the "true" teams but put McLaren in there . Ferrari has been in F1 longer than anyone, while the Brackley team has also been around for quite a while and many times refused to die
ferrari is all about $$$$millions$$$$ bernie pays them. they play f1 swansong. For mercs its all about marketing , if they want to make a real statement then let them stay for another decade if also they loose any advantage and even if it happens for them to become a midfield team.

Andres125sx

Samraj_official wrote: ferrari is all about $$$$millions$$$$ bernie pays them. they play f1 swansong. For mercs its all about marketing , if they want to make a real statement then let them stay for another decade if also they loose any advantage and even if it happens for them to become a midfield team.
Then you should include Ferrari, as they´ve been a midfiled team for some seasons now :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Samraj_official

Andres125sx wrote:
Samraj_official wrote: ferrari is all about $$$$millions$$$$ bernie pays them. they play f1 swansong. For mercs its all about marketing , if they want to make a real statement then let them stay for another decade if also they loose any advantage and even if it happens for them to become a midfield team.
Then you should include Ferrari, as they´ve been a midfiled team for some seasons now :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
i am saying Ferrari should prove their patience what McLaren endured from 2013,2014 which is never going to happen as $300 budget should always be handy for getting 4th place in WCC at the worst. even if they get everything wrong they will be 4th at worst!!!!!!!!

GPR-A duplicate2

Samraj_official wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
i am saying Ferrari should prove their patience what McLaren endured from 2013,2014 which is never going to happen as $300 budget should always be handy for getting 4th place in WCC at the worst. even if they get everything wrong they will be 4th at worst!!!!!!!!
Jumping in the crap.
The teams that have made their identities from Formula 1, are the ones who are in for a long game. For Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Sauber, Lotus (the brand, not the people who run the brand), it is an inevitable association. It is more than common knowledge that Red Bull is here only for the brand value enhancement and are bound to leave if they couldn't stay at the top of the pile. Mercedes share holders group has already shown dis-satisfaction in 2012-13. F1 is not inevitable for them, they are here if they can win championship, otherwise, they will pack the bags. They were a big brand even without F1 and I am more than 100% sure that they would wrap up the show once they start going back in the competitive order. If not for their optimism over their investment for 2014, they would have quite at the end of 2012.

McLaren have passed the crash tests for their short nose and are scheduled to run it in Austria.

djos

Re: 2015 Austrian Grand Prix - 19-21 June

Samraj_official wrote:
And what was your opinion of Benetton then?
"In downforce we trust"

Emmcee

djos wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:
And what was your opinion of Benetton then?

Yeah exactly and what about lotus aswell? There just using the name, they have no affiliation with lotus on general but the name.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

ringo

All teams in F1 are real teams. The heart and identity of the team is made up of the factories, the engineers. What we call the chassis makers. I see the teams like that anyway. So i wont be quick to criticize redbull. The brands like redbull mercedes lotus, are just the funding and marketing to get things done. At the core the heart of the team is still there.
Benneton is still here, so is jaguar in the form of Redbull. It just a rebranding of the factory.. the actual producer of the chassis.
For Sure!!

bdr529

You don't think, Ferrari didn't use Schumacher and his success to sell cars.
and I think after what happened in 1955 we can cut Mercedes some slack for not being in F1 for a long time, kind of tough to shake the tag of "worst accident in the history of motorsports ".
and besides they've also have been an engine supplier for the last 20yrs. and owned a piece Mclaren for while, I think that shows some commitment to the sport beyond just a marketing tool.

Samraj_official

Ok pls forgive my opinions of ferrari and mercs, its only the bulls that i hate now they are simply whining all time pls make them look at mclaren they have endured their worst seasons and still this year no good either that shows the definition of a true racing team......LOTUS despite of all debt burdens they are stil racing , so is FI and so is Sauber so pls SHOW these teams some respect IMHO

Andres125sx

Samraj_official wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
Because finishing 4th (Ferrari) or 5th (McLaren) change it all.... :roll:

Samraj_official

you totally forgot 2013?
ferrari 354
mclaren 122.......you see the difficult times mclaren as been through + hasn't won constructors since 1998!!!! 2007 failures but still mclaren has the most sporting character of them all they are very gentle when they suck and accept their mistake.......under the whining horner and SCUDERIA "VETO" FERRARI