2015 Austrian Grand Prix - 19-21 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zioture
zioture

Re: 2015 Austrian Grand Prix - 19-21 June

PlatinumZealot

His music production skills are getting better. 8)
I notice his track previews are light on the lap details; he only mentioned one set of turns.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

dren

Hamilton for the win. Rosberg in second. One of the Williams in third.
Honda!

MercedesAMGSpy

PlatinumZealot wrote:His music production skills are getting better. 8)
I notice his track previews are light on the lap details; he only mentioned one set of turns.
Last year he showed a whole lap in the simulator, but I think Allianz decides, not him.

SectorOne

Emmcee wrote:That's actually incorrect, well the Mercedes part anyway. Soon as these new regs for the turbo era was released and I think it was in 2013, Mercedes got straight to work on the turbo engine, so it had two or more years development ahead of the other manufacturers and good on them for taking imediate reaction. The outcome though is races we have now when it's only a two car race. Ferrari in the other hand have done well to close the gap and have made a steady improvement.
Honda announced their involvement with Mclaren back in May 2013.
Do you seriously think they started designing their engine a year later? then joined a year later after that?

They all had roughly the same time to build engines, one got it right from the very start, one got it right after a years running and one looks like it might be getting it right the third time around albeit down on power.

We will have to see where Honda slots in next year.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Emmcee

SectorOne wrote:
Emmcee wrote:That's actually incorrect, well the Mercedes part anyway. Soon as these new regs for the turbo era was released and I think it was in 2013, Mercedes got straight to work on the turbo engine, so it had two or more years development ahead of the other manufacturers and good on them for taking imediate reaction. The outcome though is races we have now when it's only a two car race. Ferrari in the other hand have done well to close the gap and have made a steady improvement.
Honda announced their involvement with Mclaren back in May 2013.
Do you seriously think they started designing their engine a year later? then joined a year later after that?

They all had roughly the same time to build engines, one got it right from the very start, one got it right after a years running and one looks like it might be getting it right the third time around albeit down on power.

We will have to see where Honda slots in next year.
I swear Mercedes got the jump because you used to hear Martin Brundle always saying that Mercedes have stopped putting full development in as its full focus was on the turbo engine and I remember him saying that back as far as 2012/13. Either way merc nailed and others not so much but I can't help these restrictions have hampered Honda in some way. I remember Ferrari bolting there turbo engine in the back of some gt car to get around the testing ban, Mercedes quite possibly could have done the same thing.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

Samraj_official

is it something like r-FACTOR? seems very similar to r-FACTOR, but anyway great to see a new f1 simulator!!!!

Samraj_official

sorry mate taught it was a new version :D .

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Man who let the crazies in this thread... have an early weather forecast you lot.

Vasconia

Re: 2015 Austrian Grand Prix

Emmcee wrote:Who's people predictions for the race? Top3 that is, also will ricciardos pu hold out? He was significantly down on hp in Canada, nursing a tired engine perhaps?
1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Rosberg

But I would like:

1. Vettel
2. Rosberg
3. Bottas

Hamilton DNF. :mrgreen:

Jordan44

I read somewhere that Mercedes were developing prototypes for 2014 as early as 2010 and serious work started in 2012. In 2010 they put together plans for how they would approach, including engine testing, chassis integration and all that.

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

J0rd4n wrote:I read somewhere that Mercedes were developing prototypes for 2014 as early as 2010 and serious work started in 2012. In 2010 they put together plans for how they would approach, including engine testing, chassis integration and all that.
But I thought in 2010 plans were to use 4-cylinder turbos? Wouldn't that make the R&D done back then almost irrelevant?
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Re: 2015 Austrian Grand Prix

Vasconia wrote:
Emmcee wrote:Who's people predictions for the race? Top3 that is, also will ricciardos pu hold out? He was significantly down on hp in Canada, nursing a tired engine perhaps?
1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Rosberg

But I would like:

1. Vettel
2. Rosberg
3. Bottas

Hamilton DNF. :mrgreen:
I like that! :wink:
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Samraj_official

Nathanael F1 wrote:
J0rd4n wrote:I read somewhere that Mercedes were developing prototypes for 2014 as early as 2010 and serious work started in 2012. In 2010 they put together plans for how they would approach, including engine testing, chassis integration and all that.
But I thought in 2010 plans were to use 4-cylinder turbos? Wouldn't that make the R&D done back then almost irrelevant?
I don't know about their PU though, but in the issue of Racecar Engineering JAN 2015 (i think) i read, when asked about their WO5 paddy Lowe said that their first initial windtunnel model was run in the summer of 2012.
they could have developed only in the early 2011,because in 2010 they had to agree on the engine regulations.

GPR-A duplicate2

Samraj_official wrote:
Nathanael F1 wrote:
I don't know about their PU though, but in the issue of Racecar Engineering JAN 2015 (i think) i read, when asked about their WO5 paddy Lowe said that their first initial windtunnel model was run in the summer of 2012.
they could have developed only in the early 2011,because in 2010 they had to agree on the engine regulations.
Eh. They binned the second half of 2012, only because they were going through scaling up of their wind tunnel for 60% model. How can they be running a W05 model in a wind tunnel which they were to use to develop W04 (a car that was their first competent car)? A lot of aerodynamic regulations were not completely clear in 2012, which wouldn't even help in getting their basic model out. May be they had some basic designs made ready, but a wind tunnel model?