Silly season 2016

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WaikeCU

Re: Silly season 2016

Manoah2u wrote:Le Mans.

and friggin WIN IT

:lol: :lol:

that would be hero :mrgreen:
hahaha :lol:

Just imagine:

Hulkenberg: "Sorry guys, I won't be able to defend the Le Mans title in 2016, because of the F1 calendar."
Porsche: "No worries Nico, we just signed Pastor Maldonado to take over your wheel this year."
Hulkenberg: "... :shock: "

kptaylor
kptaylor

Funny, Maldonado's manager says he isn't considering Manor since Pastor is such a big star and it's beneath him... That may be a mistake.

PlatinumZealot

In all seriousness I do think driving a Manor can hurt Pastor reputation somewhat. He has nothing much to gain there. He is a big star!
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i expected as such that he would not go to Manor because of Manor being manor. i'm fairly confident manor would have interest in Pastor because of $$$$$$

i do wonder with the re-structuring there and the Merc power whether they might not make a significant move 'forwards', though initially, and still to a degree, i remained quite sure that they will fumble before the first race.

But in all honesty, i do actually agree it would not be best for Pastor to go there. Not that i think that high, or low for that matter, about Pastor, but the fact remains that he is a former GP-winner and he drove for Williams and Renault, two teams much much higher on the ladder compared to Manor.

If pastor were to say such a thing about Force India, then allright. But well.....manor.......
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Manoah2u wrote:i expected as such that he would not go to Manor because of Manor being manor. i'm fairly confident manor would have interest in Pastor because of $$$$$$

i do wonder with the re-structuring there and the Merc power whether they might not make a significant move 'forwards', though initially, and still to a degree, i remained quite sure that they will fumble before the first race.

But in all honesty, i do actually agree it would not be best for Pastor to go there. Not that i think that high, or low for that matter, about Pastor, but the fact remains that he is a former GP-winner and he drove for Williams and Renault, two teams much much higher on the ladder compared to Manor.

If pastor were to say such a thing about Force India, then allright. But well.....manor.......
What ever your problem is with Manor needs to stop!

1. Pastor has already stated it wouldn't be the best move to Manor, plus his funding is severely cut so wouldn't be able to get a seat.
2. They have confirmed that the car has passed the crash tests and is to be revealed at the Barca test.
3. Pascal recently has got a better chance at Manor and would probably be the number one driver.

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

kptaylor wrote:Funny, Maldonado's manager says he isn't considering Manor since Pastor is such a big star and it's beneath him...
lmao

stefan_
stefan_

Manor is good. It would be his chance to wipe out half of the grid from the back by outbreaking everyone in the first corner.

I'm going to stop with the Pastor hate now. I promise.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

cbbcisace wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:i expected as such that he would not go to Manor because of Manor being manor. i'm fairly confident manor would have interest in Pastor because of $$$$$$

What ever your problem is with Manor needs to stop!

1. Pastor has already stated it wouldn't be the best move to Manor, plus his funding is severely cut so wouldn't be able to get a seat.
2. They have confirmed that the car has passed the crash tests and is to be revealed at the Barca test.
3. Pascal recently has got a better chance at Manor and would probably be the number one driver.
why u mad tho?

1) dah, its noted above. what's the problem?
2) so what?
3) dude, ive mentioned that the moment the news about magnussen getting a renault seat was confirmed.

so again, why u mad tho?

did you even frigging read? my problem with manor? i just stated they might make a significant step forwards due to the merc power and the new personnel gathered. how is that having a problem with manor?

after the exodus of almost every key figure @ manor , and keeping in mind what happened just before last season, chances manor would fumble were actually quite high. that is actually what i was expecting to happen this year, but i've changed my mind, as i stated. i only remain a bit on the backhand due to what happened. is that having a problem with manor? no it isnt. its pure cold hard facts.

and manor is a backmarker way way way back compared to force india, renault/lotus, and williams. again, cold hard fact.

so since you either

A) have not actually read my thread [correctly] - learn to read.
B) have actually read the thread correctly but reply without any reason - what is your effin problem
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

efuloni
efuloni

Well, Maldo is kinda bad driver, ok. But we will miss him.

Let me explain: in this generic F1, that seems to be (and is!) so away from the fans, with programmed questions, answers and reactions from the drivers, Maldonado was one of the few 'humans' remaining.

Sincerely, I think that, right now, only Hamilton and Raikonnen are a little bit like this.

godlameroso

What about Alonso's comments when asked to turn down the engine during Canada? 'No, I don't want to...we look like amateurs' or the famous 'gp2 gp2 aaaargh!!!'

Or Rosberg throwing the podium hat at Hamilton when he lost the championship?

You can try to mask human nature but it always comes out one way or another.
Saishลซ kลnฤ

PlatinumZealot

The off track drama is still there IMO.. what I want is on track action.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Vasconia

efuloni wrote:Well, Maldo is kinda bad driver, ok. But we will miss him.

Let me explain: in this generic F1, that seems to be (and is!) so away from the fans, with programmed questions, answers and reactions from the drivers, Maldonado was one of the few 'humans' remaining.

Sincerely, I think that, right now, only Hamilton and Raikonnen are a little bit like this.
+1.

I will miss him, I think he was part of the spectacle and a good driver when he had the day.

Facts Only
Facts Only

Vasconia wrote:
efuloni wrote:Well, Maldo is kinda bad driver, ok. But we will miss him.

+1.

I will miss him, I think he was part of the spectacle and a good driver when he had the day.
The thing about Maldonado is that he had the ability to surprise (whether it be something bad or something good), just imagine of we had 22 Nico Rosberegs or even worse 22 Paul Di Resta's!

There are only a few real 'characters' in F1 and with Maldonado going there is one less.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Writinglife
Writinglife

Facts Only wrote: The thing about Maldonado is that he had the ability to surprise (whether it be something bad or something good), just imagine of we had 22 Nico Rosberegs or even worse 22 Paul Di Resta's!

There are only a few real 'characters' in F1 and with Maldonado going there is one less.
I would prefer 22 James Hunts or Jackie Stewarts or Nige's that a fleet of Maldonado's. We wouldn't get past 1 race without half the field in the barriers.

The problem is sponsors demand certain behaviour from the team who then impose their will on the driver. It's only when they're really successful that they can breathe a bit. Could you imagine the reaction to Jenson Button snogging a pit girl before the race? The fans would love it, the sponsors would go apopletic (until they realised that it would INCREASE interest in their brand)

FW17

godlameroso wrote: Or Rosberg throwing the podium hat at Hamilton when he lost the championship?
Why dont you get your facts right

It was Hamilton who disgracefully threw the hat at Rosberg. It was absolute spiteful behavior, had any one else done we would not have heard the end of it and would have been crucified as Pastor