2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Re: 2015 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 03-05 July

Vasconia wrote:
ChrisF1 wrote:Rosberg has this in the bag.
Based on what?
Rosberg was faster here last year and retired from the lead, he's looked strong in the last few GP's - just have that feeling.

SilverArrow10

ChrisF1 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Based on what?
Rosberg was faster here last year and retired from the lead, he's looked strong in the last few GP's - just have that feeling.
Hold on wait a minute!, Hamilton was faster in the race, he was closing in on Rosberg when he got his gear box problem. We wont know who wins till they win it.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

simieski
simieski

Phil wrote:
Also, I'm a bit baffled by Hamilton not going testing. I know one can argue about how important it is, but Rosberg is showing all the right signs (a bit like Vettel): determined, focused and hard-working. True, that's just who he is and how he races vs. Hamilton who is probably the more naturally gifted talent with a less analytical approach, but still... And going testing, being with your team ought to strengthen the bond between you and your team and engineers. Or at least, that's just my humble observation as a F1 outsider and spectator.
Other drivers also not driving at the test;
Vettel
Raikkonen
Massa
Kvyat
Hulkenberg
Perez
Maldonado
Sainz
Ericsson
Button

Although Hamilton is the only one I have heard talked about.
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

gray41

Does anyone know the penalty Rosberg could be due for?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

SilverArrow10

Reprimand for Mercedes
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

CevertF1
CevertF1

I'm beginning to think that McLaren isn't just slow and unreliable, but it's borderline dangerous.

Phil

SilverArrow10 wrote:Hold on wait a minute!, Hamilton was faster in the race, he was closing in on Rosberg when he got his gear box problem. We wont know who wins till they win it.
I also seem to remember that Hamilton aborted his last lap because he felt the conditions weren't good enough for an improvement and then got smacked for it...
Wikipedia wrote: Hamilton was over a second down on his best time through the first two sectors, and so he decided that the track was too wet to improve, and pulled into the pits. However, the final sector had dried considerably, and the cars who completed their final laps managed to improve by several seconds in the final sector alone. The final sector had dried to such an extent that Hamilton's provisional pole time was beaten by every car that completed a lap in the dying moments of Q3, pushing him down to sixth. In his final flying lap in Q3, Nico Rosberg took the pole from Sebastian Vettel with a time of 1:35.766.
So no, Hamilton had provisional pole on their first run by two tenths and stupiditly (who would have thought!) aborted the lap... Not to say Rosberg wouldn't have pulled it off anyway had Hamilton kept going, but i wouldn't call it an adequate comparison. Hamilton is quick around Silverstone.

PS: I still wouldn't be surprised if Rosberg beats him this weekend. Yes, I'm a pessimistic one. :oops:
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

CevertF1 wrote:I'm beginning to think that McLaren isn't just slow and unreliable, but it's borderline dangerous.
Absolutely.

CevertF1
CevertF1

I'd love Rosberg to win on Sunday. (No, I'm not a Rosberg fan)

F1NAC

gray41 wrote:Does anyone know the penalty Rosberg could be due for?
As I heard on local stream, pit guys covered diffuser and violated rule which say that you can cover car only in case of fire of stuff like that :?

Jordan44

ChrisF1 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Based on what?
Based on what exactly? Hamilton looked far quicker in qualifying up to his little moment, and was quicker almost every lap of the race.

Sevach
Sevach

Rosberg race sim looked better, much better.

Jordan44

All depends on whether they can sort out his balance issues.

SiLo

Rosberg on fire at the moment, good for the championship! Still don't think he will edge it over the course of the year, but he was always quick during the middle section of last years championship and is doing the same here.
Felipe Baby!

Juzh