Goodwood Festival of Speed 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2006

Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

zac510
zac510

Anyone going this year?

Sawtooth-spike

might do, when is it
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

zac510
zac510

July 7,8,9 I think.

Scuderia_Russ

I'm definetely going. Usually just do the Sunday and roam around but we're going to try and camp up there this year, and get a grandstand so we can have a few sociable halves on the Saturday watching the action. Then spend Sunday checking out the stands and meeting the stars. If anyone hasn't been before but is in two minds about going trust me, it is better than any G.P. and you will not regret it!!

Spencifer_Murphy

My friend Alice usually goes with her dad & her brother, she said she might be able to get a ticket for me this year, so I've got my fingers crossed!) Ya never know Russ, I might see you there.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

zac510
zac510

I wouldn't bother with a Grandstand ticket. There is just too much to see in the pits and with the rally stuff up the top now - you can spend half a day up there too!

Spencifer_Murphy

No I dont think she'll be getting grandstand seats, she gets somesort of ticket though. All I know is last year I saw the pics she took, they were fantastic and really up-close, it was great (apart from the whole dressing up thing she had to do - looking like from the 20's or 30's lol)

Figlio_del_Diavolo

I'd love to go someday. There are a few other events I have to get to first though...
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better." - Hunter S. Thompson

Scuderia_Russ

zac510 wrote:I wouldn't bother with a Grandstand ticket. There is just too much to see in the pits and with the rally stuff up the top now - you can spend half a day up there too!
That's why we are doing both Saturday and the Sunday. See all the action and get pissed on Saturday, Sunday walk around eating four quid burgers!

zac510
zac510

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:No I dont think she'll be getting grandstand seats, she gets somesort of ticket though. All I know is last year I saw the pics she took, they were fantastic and really up-close, it was great (apart from the whole dressing up thing she had to do - looking like from the 20's or 30's lol)
That sounds like the Goodwood Revival which is a different event (but on the same grounds).

RH1300S
RH1300S

I expect I'll go............but if I had to choose one only it would be the Revival not the Festival...............

Either one would be a great event to host....but two???? Lord March...thank you 8)

Spencifer_Murphy

That sounds like the Goodwood Revival which is a different event (but on the same grounds)
Whoooops! Your right! My bad! :oops:

I got confused cause she and her family usually go to both! :shock:

RH1300S
RH1300S

zac510 wrote:
Spencifer_Murphy wrote:No I dont think she'll be getting grandstand seats, she gets somesort of ticket though. All I know is last year I saw the pics she took, they were fantastic and really up-close, it was great (apart from the whole dressing up thing she had to do - looking like from the 20's or 30's lol)
That sounds like the Goodwood Revival which is a different event (but on the same grounds).
The Revival is not on the same grounds - it's just down the road at the Goodwood circuit. Great event...........

I must say having the rally stage at the Festival livened things up some.........the downside being you miss track action. Still, can't win them all...

zac510
zac510

Yes but the whole grounds are owned by Lord March. I didn't mean the same track! :)

I had a ticket to the Revival last year but didn't go. I wish I had. I'm determined to go this year, choose revival over FOS this year. Do you really rate the Revival?