Red bull front wing

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Sawtooth-spike

Red bull front wing

hey guys

I did not relise that Redbull had gone to a 3 element front wing. looks differant to the other ones.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

zac510
zac510

It looks good, let's hope it works on the track :)

Principessa

Is it new for this GP? Or has it been used in Malaysia as well?

Steven
Owner

Basically it's nothing brand new as it was already used in Malaysia and Bahrain. Contrary to the RB1 where the front wing had two plates.

Remarkable is the vertical guiding vane, you can hardly see that clearly on TV and it amases me how big it really is. Several years ago when a team came up with that, is were small fins on the underside of the plates (I think it was Ferrari at the time who introduced it).

m3_lover

What is the guiding vane for?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tp
Tp

m3_lover wrote:What is the guiding vane for?
I think it just cleans up the airflow before it gets to the back of the car.

Figlio_del_Diavolo

Well, remember that Newey has ahold of the car now, so I'd expect to see some interesting developments coming as the season progresses.
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better." - Hunter S. Thompson

m3_lover

I would have thought that Newey would be working on the 2007 car already?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Scuderia_Russ

Tp wrote:
m3_lover wrote:What is the guiding vane for?
I think it just cleans up the airflow before it gets to the back of the car.
I think that the curved part of the end plate that runs paralell with the ground creates a vortex that seals the low pressure zone of the underside of the front wing so it's probably related to this I'd guess.

Tp
Tp

Yeah i think i was trying to make the point that in effect it's controlling the airflow on the underside of the wing.

PNSD
PNSD

On the subject, sort of...

Ive noticed the teams run 2 strakes under the front wing...Why?