2015 Singapore Grand Prix - 18-20 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
turbof1

Re: 2015 Singapore Grand Prix - 18-20 September

Chene_Mostert wrote:4th engine for Rosberg? Thought the engine at last race was changed as a precaution, and it was only a coolant leak, no engine problem?
The engines are sealed by the FIA. Mercedes was not allowed to open up the block to check for damage, until today when a fia official is standing next to it. In order to make running possible during free practice, they had to insert a new block.
#AeroFrodo

Sniffit

Rossi made a whoopsie, first of the weekend.

Samraj_official

Pirelli are just simply increasing those tyre pressures, so even though you have a car that has potential to go much faster than the previous years, their performance could be severely restricted by these tires, not because of construction and grip level but because of mere tyre pressure limits...so the 6secs-per-lap-faster could be a dream in 2017 unless teams are free to run their own tyre pressures.

godlameroso

I don't think tire pressure is worth more than a few tenths. Even with revised tire pressures the team's were generally about a second faster than last year.
Saishū kōnā

turbof1

It's a matter of readjusting to the situation. The teams will find ways to make the tyres work again in their window, if not this season then next season. Pirelli also has gotten some concensions concerning testing for next year, which might aid to loosen the pressure window again.

Plus, tyre pressure and the sort will have a full reset when wider tyres are introduced in 2017.
#AeroFrodo

dero
dero

Patu wrote:Hey guys! I'm going to see Singapore GP this weekend and i have a Premier walkabout ticket for the whole weekend, so do you have any suggestions to which part of the track i should go ? I already strolled through some parts of the zone 4, but did only find one decent looking place to see the cars ( turns 11&12) so is there some better places?
Hello Patu!

I'm afraid when it comes to watching the actual cars on track the singapore walkabout ticket is pretty much useless.
I still found it useful though. You can have a good lock/walk around the whole track basically. But watching the race is nearly impossible i think. Maybe if you come early and get a place on one of these little "podests".

Another tip: When i was there (2013) they broadcasted commentary on some FM frequency (they sell headphones to listen to that) - but it is possible to receive the stream via FM radio on eg. a smartphone - so you at least know whats going on on-track.

OT: I'm so glad i watched the race with V8's - having been to Austria last year was a real shocker soundwise, although i like the new engines from a technical perspective.

Yours Stefan

SectorOne

F1.com has added elevation charts which i found interesting.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Huh that's cool. I see that they haven't done for the past races, but cool I like it.

Juzh

Merc sandbagging too obvious.

Xero

Yeah, Merc havn't shown their hand yet, but they must be surprised by Ferrari and Red Bulls pace. Even more surprising, Alonso P7 at the time of writing, only 8 tenths off. Just goes to solidify the view that McLaren's chassis is excellent this year. When Honda get it sorted McLaren will be right up there.

Phil

Unless they are running light. Lets wait to see how they perform come qualifying...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

F1NAC

long runs started (at least merc). Target high 51' for Lewis

dren

Looks like we might have a competitive qualification. The race will be won in the pits.
Honda!

F1NAC

Scuderia Ferrari wrote:@ScuderiaFerrari 9m9 minutes ago
#Seb5 fastest race simulation lap #SingaporeGP #redseason

godlameroso

The Red Bull seems faster than Mercedes in the long runs, it's definitely closer than the last race that's for sure.
Saishū kōnā