Renault RS16 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Gridlock

Re: Renault RS16 Speculation Thread

Well their support trucks (the RS/PU ones at least) are bright Renault yellow so it'd be very weird if their cars weren't.

Livery speculation - time to go official! Surely it's the RS16, which is logically an under-developed evolution of last year's car. They didn't even buy the team until a few weeks ago.

Blackout

So what is this car? it's not the car that ran today...
@RenaultSportF1 20. Jan.
Chassis homologation: DONE. That was a ‘hole’ lot of fun. (We know, we know. Stop it. It is a good one, isn’t it?)

dren

It looks like a slightly modified 2015 chassis. The rear wing Y support around the exhaust looks like it was an afterthought. I didn't expect much different due to the team's condition last year.
Honda!

stefan_
stefan_

Seeing the roll hoop area that is 99.01% similar to 2015, my only thought is that the chassis was designed for the Mercedes power unit, but when Renault came on board it was too late to make any changes, so they let that area as they designed it for the Merc and concentrated on adapting the layout and cooling for the Renault engine.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

GM7

That's very very strange...The car presented like the RS16 looks like the E23 at 95%. The new nose cone who was tested in the Abu Dhabi test isn't on the new car.
There isn't aerodynamique or mecanical change, we need to wait and see what happen during this week.

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Based off of F1.com, they are running the R.S.16. I think if they are still using the E23 the report would say (Sauber is listed as C34).
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Blackout

GM7 wrote:That's very very strange...The car presented like the RS16 looks like the E23 at 95%. The new nose cone who was tested in the Abu Dhabi test isn't on the new car.
There isn't aerodynamique or mecanical change, we need to wait and see what happen during this week.
There is both
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 80#p620491

And this proves the tub is 'new' IMO (and for me, a new tub=a new car)
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 80#p620688" target="_blank

turbof1

I moved quite a few post to the new official car topic: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 12&t=23871

That means this topic will be closed and discussion continues in the topic linked above. Remember, official topics have more stringent rules! Be sure to read them in the first post.
#AeroFrodo