Renault RS16 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Re: Renault 2016 car Speculation Thread

The bodywork around the rear seems much more compact, and the nose they have is a somewhat middle version between the one Lotus ran last year and the one Lotus tested out in Abu Dhabi.
#AeroFrodo

Thunder

@GoranF1: There could be 1 on the other side too. Would be hidden since the Wastegate Pipes are so much further back. But yes, seems to be a halved Pipe attached to the main Exhaust.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

turbof1

This was the rear bodywork last year, at testing:

This is how it is now:

Although the openings at the back were shrunk considerably during the 2015 season, the engine cover was a bit more bulky on the sides of the coke bottle then now.

Also is it me, or has the wheelbase shrunk?
#AeroFrodo

GoranF1
GoranF1

they didnt go whit Merc&Ferrari closed foil front suspension arms

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Jolle
Jolle

I presume, that this is either a 2016 mockup made from a 2015 car or that they, because of the whole financial troubles, just going to use a development 2015 car this year to invest fully in the 2017 car with new aero rules.

I guess, low midfield and possible a strong 2017.

turbof1

Alright guys, this topic is getting closed now since the car has been launched. Discussion will now go to the official car thread. Please follow the guidelines there!
#AeroFrodo

FrukostScones

Re: Renault Sport RS16

that is a bit premature me thinks...
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

godlameroso

It's still a teaser, but I like what they've done with the livery.
Saishū kōnā

turbof1

godlameroso wrote:It's still a teaser, but I like what they've done with the livery.
It has been officially called the new car. Admittingly, there is not much new about the car. Could be because it's a teaser, but more likely is that they are going for transitional year and put little effort into a new car this year.
#AeroFrodo

FrukostScones

it's an E23 and the car at Enstone is a typical Enstone Frankencar with the new livery ... (OMG Twitter...)
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

matt21

Last edited by matt21 on 03 Feb 2016, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

turbof1

FrukostScones wrote:it's an E23 and the car at Enstone is a typical Enstone Frankencar with the new livery ... (OMG Twitter...)
There are subtle differences. For instance the body is a bit slimmer at the back, and I also think that the wheelbase has shrunk. That is the RS16 chassis, like it or not.

For the rest you'll have to wait for testing. New aero parts are usually reserved for that and not for a launch presentation.
#AeroFrodo

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

2 cents from me: looks like the rake of the car is bigger than the previous one !

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

turbof1 wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:it's an E23 and the car at Enstone is a typical Enstone Frankencar with the new livery ... (OMG Twitter...)
There are subtle differences. For instance the body is a bit slimmer at the back, and I also think that the wheelbase has shrunk. That is the RS16 chassis, like it or not.

For the rest you'll have to wait for testing. New aero parts are usually reserved for that and not for a launch presentation.
Lotus have a completely different engine/drive train it it so one would think that the rear end would change. So I'm inclined to agree with you that it is the new chassis if not with all the bits on it yet.

Clown
Clown