2016 Pecking Order Speculation and Fantasy Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Blackout

Re: 2016 Pecking Order Speculation and Fantasy Thread

Mercedes Ferrari
Williams Red Bull
Renault
Mclaren Toro Rosso Force India Sauber
HaasManor

dren

I think we could see a Toro Rosso on the podium in Aus.
Honda!

nevill3

Mercedes, Ferrari
Williams Mclaren Red Bull
Toro Rosso Force India Sauber
Renault Haas Manor
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Alonsofor2017
Alonsofor2017

Australia top 3
1.Alonso
2. Vettel
3. Verstappen
That would be an epic start to the championship, would add unpredictable

bidness
bidness

Blackout wrote:Mercedes Ferrari
Williams Red Bull
Renault
HaasManor
Your list with the tiers seems like sound speculation. I would speculate likewise. My previous list is probably better for a "fantasy" list.

I am hoping for a Renault resurgence with their new works status, however, it may take a while since they were late acquiring the team. They are also switching power units along with all that goes with this task. Never the less their ICE is better established and so will pip McLaren as you have indicated, and I agree.

Vasconia

dren wrote:I think we could see a Toro Rosso on the podium in Aus.
With the new engine they could be a tough contender but the podium is perhaps too much. Anyway Australia has always a great rate of unpredictability, so who knows!.

ChemNerd14
ChemNerd14

My two cents

1. Ferrari - I feel like they probably developed their car over the winter better than Mercedes
2. Mercedes - Still very close to Ferrari
3. Williams
4. Red Bull - Still hurt by renault engine
5. McLaren - Improved engine sees them in the battle again
6. Force India
7. Manor - Mercedes partnership helps alot
8. Toro Rosso
9. Haas
10. Renault
11. Sauber

The 7-10 are really close. I'd really like to see Manor do well this year.

dren

Vasconia wrote:
dren wrote:I think we could see a Toro Rosso on the podium in Aus.
With the new engine they could be a tough contender but the podium is perhaps too much. Anyway Australia has always a great rate of unpredictability, so who knows!.
That's my thoughts. If they have their stuff in order by the first race, they may be fighting for a podium spot. Australia always has a bit of unpredictability to it. I think the TR with an upgraded Ferrari PU and those two drives will be pretty competitive early in the season. I won't be surprised if they beat their parent company over the first half.
Honda!

j2004p
j2004p

ChemNerd14 wrote:My two cents

1. Ferrari - I feel like they probably developed their car over the winter better than Mercedes
2. Mercedes - Still very close to Ferrari
3. Williams
4. Red Bull - Still hurt by renault engine
5. McLaren - Improved engine sees them in the battle again
6. Force India
7. Manor - Mercedes partnership helps alot
8. Toro Rosso
9. Haas
10. Renault
11. Sauber

The 7-10 are really close. I'd really like to see Manor do well this year.
I'd actually say 4-11 will be pretty close.

iotar__

Pointless and rather unlikely (3-6) but whatever, not just Australia - let's say first 4 races:

Merc - Ferrari - - - Force India-Toro Rosso - Williams-RB - McLaren - Sauber - Renault - Haas - Manor

GPR-A duplicate2

Dream come true... if only.....
1. Mercedes - Ferrari - McLaren
2. Red Bull - Force India - Toro Rosso
3. Renault - Haas - Manor - Sauber

dren

iotar__ wrote:Pointless and rather unlikely (3-6) but whatever, not just Australia - let's say first 4 races:

Merc - Ferrari - - - Force India-Toro Rosso - Williams-RB - McLaren - Sauber - Renault - Haas - Manor
I could see this for the first few. The FI and TR cars should be pretty competitive initially before the newer packages out develop them.

Williams is a big toss-up for me. If they fix their slow speed performance they may be back up in 3rd.
Honda!

Blackout

Lol, placing Renault with Haas and Manor is so stupid. There is no logic in that, even if they definitely will struggle because of the late changes... Even in 2014 with a bad chassis and a bad Pu, they were ahead and even mabaged to beat the FI, TR and Mclaren from time to time...
2016 Pu will be better, and the chassis wont be as bad as 2014 IMO and they will have bigger ressources and more developpment.
They will struggle against FI and STR etc... but definitely wont fall behind the backmakers.

iotar__

Blackout wrote:Lol, placing Renault with Haas and Manor is so stupid. There is no logic in that, even if they definitely will struggle because of the late changes... Even in 2014 with a bad chassis and a bad Pu, they were ahead and even mabaged to beat the FI, TR and Mclaren from time to time...
2016 Pu will be better, and the chassis wont be as bad as 2014 IMO and they will have bigger ressources and more developpment.
They will struggle against FI and STR etc... but definitely wont fall behind the backmakers.
- I'm not sure what you're referring to (no quote) but I'm placing them above (not a group) Haas and Manor but below Sauber in the beginning of the season.
- what's the point of bringing '14 and not '15? In '15 it was the second worst chassis after Sauber and not counting Manor. Force India after missing pre season tests, while moving to new wind tunnel and with worse tools (still 50% model) did a better job.
- '16 is '15 minus Mercedes engine, minus late design change and plus Renault's and chassis gains

We'll see soon enough, BTW this looks more like beating McL, TR and FI and not struggling against them:
Renault
HaasManor

NathanOlder

GPR-A wrote:Dream come true... if only.....
1. Mercedes - Ferrari - McLaren
2. Red Bull - Force India - Toro Rosso
3. Renault - Haas - Manor - Sauber
No place for Williams ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC