2016 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

2016 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

Team: Renault Sport F1 Team
Base: Enstone, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Team principal: ??????
Technical director(s): ??????

Race drivers: ??? Image Jolyon Palmer & 13 Image Pastor Maldonado

Test drivers : TBA

Chassis: R32 Hybrid
Engine: Renault V6 Turbo

2015 position: 6th (78 pts) [ Lotus F1 Team ]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread is to discuss the 2016 Renault Sport F1 TEAM
Discussion about the pre-launch 2016 Renault Sport F1 Team - CLICK HERE
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Gridlock

Re: Renault 2016 car Speculation Thread

More precisely, blue is the French racing colour...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_i ... ional_list

turbof1

Re: 2016 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

http://in.reuters.com/article/motor-rac ... 7120151207
French carmaker Renault aims to complete its takeover of the Lotus Formula One team on Dec. 16 and pay creditors, including Britain's tax authorities, by the end of the year, the High Court heard on Monday.
#AeroFrodo

kptaylor
kptaylor

Now the big question is how was the contract structured? Assumption of an ongoing concern or otherwise? If otherwise, wonder how secure the drivers' contracts are and were they structured with an eye towards a buyout/takeover/assumption?

stefan_
stefan_

To be completely honest, I would love to see Maldonado being sacked.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

ssnnkk
ssnnkk

http://www.fotosik.pl/zdjecie/88efb40608adbf4f

i would love to see some colors like this again.

stefan_
stefan_

The blue was from Mild Seven, so...
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

nanocustic

....so no light blue unless there is some sort of main sponsor thing going on. I think is going to be pretty similar to the 2010 wasp)

It had its charm if you ask me)
Meliora

iotar__

- Expect more Infinity along with colours.
- it's funny to hear Briatore calling for drivers reshuffling, Come one Flavio, they just re-shuffled 50% of drivers line up so it's all in the right direction, a driver for bribes
- I don't understand the delay, Vasseur or whoever else is really running it should be at Enstone for the last 6 months reshuffling everything else but drivers. There's your logic: the only change was the only top element. Corporate robots mentality - worked for Honda, Toyota, BMW and Renault engines - they have three seasons plan and that's all that counts #-o .

Facts Only
Facts Only

nanocustic wrote:....so no light blue unless there is some sort of main sponsor thing going on. I think is going to be pretty similar to the 2010 wasp)

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... b_2010.jpg

It had its charm if you ask me)

The 'JCB', I liked that colour scheme
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

superdowg316

stefan_ wrote:To be completely honest, I would love to see Maldonado being sacked.
I used to think that. But then again, he won a race in a semi decent Williams and was a GP2 champion, so he must have the talent.

I think his problem is one that most drivers sometimes have. He's being over aggressive to try and optimize what he usually has; a poor car (this year's Lotus can be debatable). When you do that, mistakes tend to happen, which is why he gets so many penalties and makes poor decisions. Because he's not focused on the little things that are actually big things, but he's trying to take an 18th placed Williams or 10th placed Lotus and put it in the Top 5.

I feel sad for him. If he was in a Force India he probably could actually be a consistent point scorer since he wouldn't have to be so aggressive.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

At some point you have to realise that in the last 5 years he has one decent result in F1, while he won the GP2 championship on his fourth attempt against weak opposition. There's no evidence to suggest that he is capable of propelling a championship winning team (which is what presumably Renault hope to be at some point), so at some point Renault will have to dump him.

ME4ME

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

stefan_
stefan_

I'll mis the black & gold/cream combination from the bottom of my heart.