2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
willmesquita

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

KingHamilton01 wrote:Why do people continue on comparison for Top speed, do you not listen to McLaren when they said there not chasing times at the moment. They haven't even set-up the car for a quick lap as of yet! give them a chance to get the data they need and I am sure they will show there hand. They aren't going to beat Ferrari and Mercedes at this stage so I doubt they will be topping the timesheet's, sure all these figures including speed traps will improve but people expect to much to soon.
Man, these days teams just have 8 opportunities to get data on windtunnel and CFD correlation, fuel consumption, new parts aero performance, tyre deg with diff loads of fuel AND FLYING LAP SIMULATION...

You don't need to put the fastest lap but you can try it each sector a time. The truth is Macca is lacking power, and people still believing in that talk "we are commited to a previously determined agenda, quali laps just in Melbourne...".
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

Vasconia

Dann wrote:At the moment they are around 1.5s slower. I don't think the upgraded engine will reduce the deficit entirely.
The only upside to last years is the engine has better reliability
The new PU will not improve this more than 0,5 which is a lot. But if reliabilty is good they could improve many other areas and close the gap a little bit.

Dann
Dann

Vasconia wrote:
Dann wrote:At the moment they are around 1.5s slower. I don't think the upgraded engine will reduce the deficit entirely.
The only upside to last years is the engine has better reliability
The new PU will not improve this more than 0,5 which is a lot. But if reliabilty is good they could improve many other areas and close the gap a little bit.
You are correct, if you assume that the faster teams are not developing/improving their cars, which is very unlikely. :wink:

Macca may chase the Redbull, Williams, but Merc and Ferrari..... bye, bye.

Vasconia

Dann wrote: Macca may chase the Redbull, Williams, but Merc and Ferrari..... bye, bye.
Still a great improvement from 2015. 2017 should be the year to chase and fight with Merc and Ferrari.

Q3 would be a great step forward, one can not ask for more.

mclaren111

Autosport Live:
10:00
And the first out is Alonso in the McLaren, followed by Gutierrez in the Haas.
This is a first !!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>

max_speed
max_speed

mclaren111 wrote:Autosport Live:
10:00
And the first out is Alonso in the McLaren, followed by Gutierrez in the Haas.
This is a first !!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>
now he is last in number of lap counts :)

a1b2i3r45

"Let's be honest, McLaren won't win any races this season"

http://www.marca.com/en/more-sports/201 ... b4572.html

cliffgamerz
cliffgamerz

Vasconia wrote:
Dann wrote: Macca may chase the Redbull, Williams, but Merc and Ferrari..... bye, bye.
Still a great improvement from 2015. 2017 should be the year to chase and fight with Merc and Ferrari.

Q3 would be a great step forward, one can not ask for more.
That is if merc and ferrari take their winter vacation together without doing any work :roll:

wickedz50
wickedz50

a1b2i3r45 wrote:"Let's be honest, McLaren won't win any races this season"

http://www.marca.com/en/more-sports/201 ... b4572.html
With the way things are panning out... my question is will they replace Manor in the 2016 standing?
Wondering why Ron did a veto to not supply engines to RBR for 2016. Atleast they would have had someone for company at the back.

Vasconia

I expect a greater improvement from McLaren as it happened with Ferrari in 2015 who managed to close the gap with Mercedes.

It can done, not easy at all, but it can be done.

j2004p
j2004p

This level of pessimism is depressing.

There would have been no value at this point for McLaren to show their hand in testing as it would be far more useful to ensure reliable running to rack up the testing mileage.

Can we please keep an open mind until FP1 at Melbourne?

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

https://twitter.com/HondaRacingF1/statu ... 6038620160 That's pretty vague...
Let's hope they mean later today :lol:

Vasconia

j2004p wrote:This level of pessimism is depressing.

There would have been no value at this point for McLaren to show their hand in testing as it would be far more useful to ensure reliable running to rack up the testing mileage.

Can we please keep an open mind until FP1 at Melbourne?
Even hope requires some positive and real signs, two first days were enough but almost a full day lost because of a failure, its not.

mclaren111

12:50
McLaren has discovered a small coolant leak the team is working to fix. Not sure when the car will be back out at this stage.
Lawrence Barretto

godlameroso

This is huge, getting sidelined twice in a row. There's only 4 days of testing left, at this point, Honda is a disaster, I hope I'm wrong.
Saishū kōnā