2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Chuckjr

Re: 2016 McLaren F1 Team - Honda

fellowhoodlums wrote:Yup, Alonso's 1.44.7 on Tuesday with softs, before the new mapping and aero parts tells me they are at the front of the middle pack. . . . . . hopefully
...and Fred is prolly still worth maybe .3 to .4 per lap when pushed. He is unmarried and without kids. : :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Watching F1 since 1986.

mikeerfol

Chuckjr wrote:
fellowhoodlums wrote:Yup, Alonso's 1.44.7 on Tuesday with softs, before the new mapping and aero parts tells me they are at the front of the middle pack. . . . . . hopefully
...and Fred is prolly still worth maybe .3 to .4 per lap when pushed. He is unmarried and without kids. : :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It's the same for Button though... :P

@fellowhoodlums you must mean 1:24:7 :wink:

Vasconia

mikeerfol wrote: It's the same for Button though... :P

@fellowhoodlums you must mean 1:24:7 :wink:
Button is single now, right? so add a full second. :mrgreen:

Vasconia

godlameroso wrote:Best case scenario they're still around a second off the pace. It's McLaren and they know how to develop a car so I'm still hopeful they can be podium contenders if they develop throughout the year. Particularly since teams will want to shift to 2017 early enough since it's going to be a big change.
One second from Mercedes its a great scenario so yes, with the traditional great in-season development of the team they should fight for some podiums in the second half of the season(Hungary anyone?) if the gap is the one you have mentioned.

fellowhoodlums
fellowhoodlums

oops. 1.24:7, comment on autosport suggesting McLaren been difficult to drive last two days. ie since the new aero. Needs a lot of set up work by the looks of it

CjC
CjC

Karun Chandock reckons it's the drive ability of the honda that's making it difficult to drive
Just a fan's point of view

iotar__

What about Sauber's, Force India's, TS', Williams' or even Renault's (..24.945) times on softs if that's the indication you're using?
Vasconia wrote:
godlameroso wrote:Best case scenario they're still around a second off the pace. It's McLaren and they know how to develop a car so I'm still hopeful they can be podium contenders if they develop throughout the year. Particularly since teams will want to shift to 2017 early enough since it's going to be a big change.
One second from Mercedes its a great scenario so yes, with the traditional great in-season development of the team they should fight for some podiums in the second half of the season(Hungary anyone?) if the gap is the one you have mentioned.
It's a made up scenario based on nothing, why 1 s and not 1,2 or 0,8, where did this one second come from? No indication. I don't understand either why McL would not be switching to '17 unlike podium contenders: Ferrari, Red Bull or even Williams. If it's the odd podium they're chasing they should be switching the first. If it's about resources first two teams are comparable. If it's about '16 results Ferrari might (theoretically) be pushing more if they can challenge Merc.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Boulier;

"We are not running the 2016 spec here. We are a bit behind the programme. So that means we are going to turn up in Australia with more bits on the car that has unfortunately not been signed off here. But it is what it is.

"We have been able to run most of the days, which is very good news. In terms of chassis, it's important that we could go through all the systems, which we couldn't do last year, which for us is a good achievement. Now we have a reliable car, more or less, to start the season - so definitely more confident.

"There will be more to come now. The base looks okay and there will be much more performance in the coming weeks."
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Vasconia

Its negative to see that they havent checked the engine on full forcE but it seems that they were desperated to check the chasis deeply. I hope they wont have problems in Australia when they will use the new PU.

radosav
radosav

Well, Mclaren Honda did in this 8 days what everybody expected from them last year, they are one year behind.

horse

Vasconia wrote:Its negative to see that they havent checked the engine on full forcE but it seems that they were desperated to check the chasis deeply. I hope they wont have problems in Australia when they will use the new PU.
New PU?
Ian Parkes wrote: As for Honda, new motorsport boss Yusuke Hasegawa has confirmed the power unit has been homologated, and the spec on show this week will be the one that runs in Albert Park.
McLaren's full 2016 F1 spec won't run until Australian Grand Prix
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

McG

Looking good McLaren Honda, looking good.

Maybe they will be battling with Ferrari and Williams. Mercedes will still be too far ahead probably. I'm not a Mercedes fan but man that car looks fast.
F1 is dead.

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

So, what they have actually said is this was the new engine but just not "turned up" to max yet. When they say it's not full 2016 spec yet they refer to the car and all the aero .

nevill3

That is exactly how I interpreted it too, but they will also have the new fuel at the first race too. I am feeling much more optimistic this year, I am expecting great things even a win or two...fingers crossed.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

GoranF1
GoranF1

Alexgtt wrote:So, what they have actually said is this was the new engine but just not "turned up" to max yet. When they say it's not full 2016 spec yet they refer to the car and all the aero .

Where did they said this?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."