F1 2016 pre-season testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
the EDGE
the EDGE

Re: F1 2016 pre-season testing

mikeerfol wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
mikeerfol wrote:In case you didn't see it at the McLaren thread, someone is doing a live stream on periscope https://www.periscope.tv/w/1OyKAzNazOgGb
I have no idea how u found this, but very well done, sounds amazing, the picture could be better, but i'll happily settle for this over nothing at all. Adds a great 'theme' tune to my days F1 website surfing =D> =D> =D>
Someone posted it on Autosport forums :)
if it was that easy...i take it all back :lol:

PhillipM
PhillipM

One good thing about the Renault being basically last years car - it gives us a good baseline to compare progress against for the other cars :)

The new Ferrari engine sounds very much like last years Honda off-throttle, maybe Honda's ICE really was as good as they said?

domh245
domh245

PhillipM wrote:One good thing about the Renault being basically last years car - it gives us a good baseline to compare progress against for the other cars :)

The new Ferrari engine sounds very much like last years Honda off-throttle, maybe Honda's ICE really was as good as they said?
It may be wastegate related?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Is F1.gr doing the live timings this year so to see who is doing the most consistent lap times?1

Would be good to see those this year!

mikeerfol

ESPImperium wrote:Is F1.gr doing the live timings this year so to see who is doing the most consistent lap times?1

You mean msfree.gr? No, they don't...

Morteza

Red flag! Caused by Grojean apparently
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

bauc

First red flag of the day, most probably Grosjean's front wing has fall off on track
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

FrukostScones

they should of machined it

uh a a a
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Vasconia

Morteza wrote:Red flag! Caused by Grojean apparently
Yes, it seems that he has lost the front wing.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

First test for Haas, wonder how many times they've done a simulation of what, unless driver error was the cause, you would assume was a structural failure. Check the loads through the wing, define the cause...

At least it didn't go under the car and cause significant damage - wouldn't have been good to happen down the front straight.

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

ESPImperium wrote:Is F1.gr doing the live timings this year so to see who is doing the most consistent lap times?1

I'm looking at this one: http://en.f1i.com/live/

FrukostScones

from autosport live:
12:28 Initial impressions of the new Ferrari from trackside are quite positive. Vettel was on the medium tyre and not exactly going all out, but the car looked fast, stable and transitioned well from turn 2 to the entry of turn 3 with Vettel able to take a nice tight line. The McLaren looks similar but a bit more on the edge through 2. The Toro Rosso also looks strong but with a wider angle of attack at 3. The Haas looked solid in the laps it did. Similar to the old Sauber but with more flexibility on the line Grosjean could take into 3. At least before the front wing fell off!Ben Anderson
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ME4ME

ChrisF1 wrote:First test for Haas, wonder how many times they've done a simulation of what, unless driver error was the cause, you would assume was a structural failure. Check the loads through the wing, define the cause...

At least it didn't go under the car and cause significant damage - wouldn't have been good to happen down the front straight.
But it did happen down the start/finish straight. And were do you suppose the front wing to go at 250 km/h other than under the car? I think thats pretty much what happened. Doesn't mean they damaged much though. The front wing probably got crushed into a thousand bits.

dobbster71

Typical American build quality :D
WRC is for boys. Group B was for men!
Juha Kankkunen