Armstrong in Indianapolis 500

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Principessa

Armstrong in Indianapolis 500

Look what I've read. I think it is a bit strange news tough.

Seven-time winner of the Tour de France, Lance Armstrong has been asked to drive the pace car at this year's Indianapolis 500.

Armstrong will drive a Chevrolet Corvette Z06 at the start of the 90th Indianapolis 500 on May 28.

"It will be a rush driving around with 250,000 people here," Armstrong said. "In the opening laps is probably when they are the loudest they can be. You try to take all of that in. It will have been almost a year since I've heard that as a sportsman. It will be neat to get a little of that back."

Armstrong retired from competitive cycling after winning his record seventh Tour in 2005.
Last edited by Principessa on 09 Apr 2006, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

Scuderia_Russ

Top bloke Lance Armstrong. Might be in some way related to the Lance Armstrong foundation.

Figlio_del_Diavolo

Pretty cool. Lance is awesome so he def deserves the opportunity.
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better." - Hunter S. Thompson

Scuderia_Russ

Hang on Pricipessa, Indianapolis 5000? , now that would be a race!

Tom

He'll do more laps than many of the drivers :D
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Principessa

Scuderia_Russ wrote:Hang on Pricipessa, Indianapolis 5000? , now that would be a race!

Sorry made a typo :(

rsfocus
rsfocus

cool. lance has done most big celebrity things in the US and this was missing off his resume. he was meant to be running in the bahrain celebrity race but i never saw his name in any results. maybe there is a motorsport link coming out here....

hope he goes for the hour record too, we need him to be back on the bike for one last record :D