Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dmjunqueira

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Holm86 wrote:Breaking :
Mercedes calls in Maldonado for an interview on the 2017 race seat
http://static.lakana.com/media.fox5dc.c ... ver1.0.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thunder

Lol @ Holm86. :lol: :lol:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

turbof1

Joke of the day. Maybe I'll ask Steven to make something on the front page if he has the time.
#AeroFrodo

Dazed1
Dazed1

At the risk of being run out of town on a rail, I suggest we dd a "Like" Button here. :)

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Shrieker wrote:Put Wehrlein in the car. He took the sh!tbox he drove to places it should've never been in the Austrian GP, and I'm quite surprised this isn't mentioned by anyone, not even in passing. Sure, he made some mistakes as well, but so did Hamilton when he was testing for McLaren in 2006. In one occasion he completely totalled the car iirc. Not to mention his rookie year mistakes in 2007.

Alonso's skill isn't open to debate, but his primadonna and spoiled brat levels far surpass that of his skill. Look how he repaid in kind the tens of millions of euros McLaren and Honda pledged to him. Which is why I find the "it's not gonna be like 2007, he's matured now" comments laughable at best. If he arrives, he's going to unsettle the team and cause so much friction that Nico/Lewis spat will look like a catfight next to it. That said, if there's any reason I'd like him paired up with Hamilton, it would be watching ham kick his ar$e hard one more time before he retires, so as to put the "Alonso is da best :D " myth finally to rest.

And of course, the major drama it's gonna cause.
The most useless, nonsense, 100% subjective and emotionally charged post I've ever seen in this topic. I don't need to mention that you just posted this to bash Alonso since you're a super obvious Alonso-hater. Please talk with facts and not with your feelings. Personally, I support Alonso but I know that Alonso and Hamilton are easily in the top 5 of the best drivers (proven). (and Ricciardo with Max the best of future generation). They both evolved a lot over the years so who has the edge will be seen next year probably (since this is what I understand from the last Toto's interview, I may be wrong tho). You take as a point of reference 2007, when McLaren sabotaged Alonso and also spied Ferrari. And still in 2007 they were both much much younger and much much less mature, with Hamilton protected and McLaren unable to give equal opportunities to both drivers and control the situation smoothly. The fact that Alonso is the highest paid driver is not just coincidence. They're both the most complete packages and they will offer the best to Mercedes next year (if it happens). 2017 is coming soon so we'll see... And again, of course they're both more mature. Btw, you didn't comment anything about Ham's "dirty" overtaking moves tho. To me this and his arrogance are the only parts that I don't like, however he's great. I like to see clean wheel to wheel action. But probably with a better driver he will give more respect. Anyway, if ALO and HAM pair in 2017 we will see awesome racing. And by the way, as others said the many wins came from long seasons, the best car of the field and a not so good team-mate. I don't say this to downgrade Hamilton but what I'm trying to say is that Alonso could have done the same in the same situation. ;) Top drivers are top drivers. And again full respect to both of them. If you say that Alonso is not top or Hamilton is not top then you've just been watching another sport or you are too fanatical for one of them.

WaikeCU

turbof1 wrote:Joke of the day. Maybe I'll ask Steven to make something on the front page if he has the time.
inb4 we see a mugshot of Holm86 with title "Joke of the day" on the front page. :mrgreen:

turbof1

WaikeCU wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Joke of the day. Maybe I'll ask Steven to make something on the front page if he has the time.
inb4 we see a mugshot of Holm86 with title "Joke of the day" on the front page. :mrgreen:
Well, I was promised "silly" as advertised in the topic title :lol: .

I was half joking, but given we are in the off-season, I was thinking about turning it into a tweet (that way it turns op on the front page as well). We'll credit holm86 for it of course.
#AeroFrodo

Shrieker

ALO_Power wrote: Please talk with facts and not with your feelings.
"GP2 engine, GP2 bwaaaaaaa I want moommyyyyy :cry: "

ALO_Power wrote: 2007, when McLaren sabotaged Alonso.
You're hopelessly deluded, like the rest of Alonso fans. Hamilton was shafted in the first half of the year, because they (read:Ron) thought he'd be unable to mount a season long challenge. He was forced to give his position to Alonso in the opening race in pit stops - despite taking it with an on track overtake, then in Monaco the team stopped him from challenging Alonso. There were other small occasions as well where Alonso was clearly favored. Yes, he was in a difficult position towards the end of the season, but all things considered, his 'privilidge' at the beginning of the year balanced itself out with the 'unfavorable' situation he found himself in later on.

The reason of which of course, was his blackmailing of the team.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Shrieker wrote:
ALO_Power wrote: Please talk with facts and not with your feelings.
"GP2 engine, GP2 bwaaaaaaa I want moommyyyyy :cry: "

ALO_Power wrote: 2007, when McLaren sabotaged Alonso.
You're hopelessly deluded, like the rest of Alonso fans. Hamilton was shafted in the first half of the year, because they (read:Ron) thought he'd be unable to mount a season long challenge. He was forced to give his position to Alonso in the opening race in pit stops - despite taking it with an on track overtake, then in Monaco the team stopped him from challenging Alonso. There were other small occasions as well where Alonso was clearly favored. Yes, he was in a difficult position towards the end of the season, but all things considered, his 'privilidge' at the beginning of the year balanced itself out with the 'unfavorable' situation he found himself in later on.

The reason of which of course, was his blackmailing of the team.
Ok, you're completely in your own world mate. There's no reason to continue because you're just a blinded fanatic. Another reason I don't want to continue is because it will look like I love Alonso and hate Hamilton, but I don't hate Hamilton, you just hate Alonso. In my view they're in top 5 list of all the best and who's a better package now is about to be seen. Probably they're marginal. Button (who worked with both) says Hamilton is the best in qualy and Alonso in race, so they're close. If you want, you can continue your childish delirium. (which is off-topic btw) Anyway, let's hope Merc give us some good action next year with the 2 best drivers of the grid. (meanwhile, very funny that you deposited the "GP2 engine" as an argument. 2015 McLaren-Honda was only in front of Manors so for a driver of this caliber it's too polite to say just gp2 engine. I'd like to imagine what Hamilton would say in a similar position :lol: :lol: )

Shrieker

Yeah it's polite to sh!t your employer in the face who had paid you tens of millions of euros, at their home race. And that you see no arrogance in it just proves my point.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Shrieker wrote:Yeah it's polite to sh!t your employer in the face who had paid you tens of millions of euros, at their home race. And that you see no arrogance in it just proves my point.
When the employer is deliberately sabotaging you to favor your team-mate then it's less than enough. And also, it was Lewis the one that put a claim on his own team mate (instead of solving it internally) and made the 1-2 , an 1-5. Very good for the team... Check some history because everyone that's trying to bash Alonso uses fail arguments, at least use some decent ones...

2007 was not good for either Lewis or Alonso and all of that thanks to McLaren's lame inside politics and fail to handle their drivers...

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i'll grab a popcorn and offcourse some protective glasses since it seems there is a monkey feces throwing battle going on.

where's the salt?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Holm86 wrote:Breaking :
Mercedes calls in Maldonado for an interview on the 2017 race seat
http://static.lakana.com/media.fox5dc.c ... ver1.0.jpg
you sir, just won the internet :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Jolle
Jolle

OK... #whatshouldtotodo:
Hamilton still has two seasons left on his current contract and has been very loyal towards Mercedes (they've been supporting him since karting). He said in interviews that he wants at least an additional 3 years with them after his current stint. So...

Bottas is important to partner Williams and the publicity to yank him away at short notice wouldn't be great.
So. Wehrlein on a one year deal, more or less to fill the seat for 2017 and making way for Bottas for 2018-2020 to be a worthy Rosberg replacement and keep continuity if Hamilton decides to leave after 2018 and replace him with one of the RedBull drivers or Ocon.

Maybe it's time for a real Mercedes junior team? Smart-Brabus by Mercedes? Manor got a nice racing team with license for sale without a factory...