Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

can wrote:For days I cant get this idea out my head:

Could Renault not try to get Hulkenberg now?
He seems to be the best alternative on the market.
Even he is not on the market.

I think he is a good alternative to Perez. FI would easier accept him leaving,
because they will not lose any sponsors with him
and they could replace him with Wehrlein.

Often it was a problem that hulk is quite tall with his 1,84 cm,
but Ocon is tall as well.

What do you think, guys?
to be honest, i dont see the benefit of Hulkenberg for any team. He's definately not bad, but the question remains
if he's actually 'that good' as people somehow still think he is. Without doubt he asks a certain salary and has a
certain amount of experience, but i have yet to see him excell in any team, and to be fair, people rated Hulk really
high, but i have never seen him even close to 'squashing' a teammate to bits. Personally i think he's rather disappointing
in comparison what was expected from him from most 'fans'. I think he is however above all a very decent driver that
has its positives. I dont see however how it would help Renault, as above all, finances are what Renault needs to inject
now into the team and they need a star high potential nr1 driver, with a clear nr2. Hulk surely is not that nr1 driver,
and it remains in question whether he would be the nr2 driver the team NEEDs.
I think Hulkenberg would be more fit as a 2nd driver at Mclaren instead.

I think the ideal possbility for renault (not neccesarily for the driver themselves) would be

Ricciardo and Nasr.

Ricciardo being the clear nr1 driver with championship potential, and Nasr the nr2 driver that will push and perform AND bring the money they need through Banco do Brazil. I dont know the contract of DannyRic, but if Renault is able to bring in a championship contender for 2018, and DannyRic is available, i'd go for that pairing.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Facts Only
Facts Only

Re: RE: Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Samraj_official wrote: I work as a mechanical engineer,and I have overseen many in-house Competition design cars in India, more specifically College Competition cars, so PLS stop, I know you are a "Williams FanBoy", these useless poor insults tarnish your reputation in F1T than mine......PLS...behave......I am not jobless to post on F1T.....I like it and I post info....Fanboys don't need interference....and keep you baby Williams to yourself.....marry it.
Sorry to drag this up but I have just spotted it and having been chuckling for a good few minutes. The funniest thing I have read on the internet this side of Sniff Petrol.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

I find it hard to believe that someone who is university educated would write in such a barbaric manner.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

well, it's the internet after all.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

godlameroso

I still think Ocon and Grosjean will end up in Renault, maybe not 2017 but 2018....

I don't know if Sauber has confirmed either driver for next year, if not they may be on the chopping block. Haas will keep Gutierrez I think, I imagine they want to keep Grosjean.

There's still so many big questions for next year.
Saishū kōnā

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

I think everybody waits for Perez, he want a good contract with Force India, with good options for if an opportunity arrises. But he is flirting with Renault, to keep leverage at FI. Renault is hoping for Perez, but keeping Nasr under speeddial. Kvyat is on a dead end at Redbull co. he is a good catch for Williams, if they decide to let Stroll mature on the friday's. Probably talking to Renault and Force India also, even Sauber, just in case.

Would are hunting for the Manor seats, if Wehrlein replaces Perez and Ocon gets a Renault drive?

edu2703
edu2703

My opnion: One of Renault seats is already of Esteban Ocon. Only remains to define who will be his teammate.

Danish journalists are pessimistic about the permanence of Kevin Magnussen at Renault. They claim that the deadline for the renewal of his contract expires on the end of this month. If Renault doesn't renew until the end of this month, he's out.

Renault is interested in Ségio Pérez, Valtteri Bottas and Carlos Sainz Jr.

Pérez gives signs that he will stay at Force India.

Williams will do everything to keep Bottas on the team because in 2017, rules will change and they will need an experienced driver to develop the car.

Carlos Sainz Jr. already signed with Toro Rosso. Reanult will have to pay a fine if they really want to have him on the team. Recently, was published a rumor by spanish newspaper MARCA that Sainz Jr. would go to Renault for Toro Rosso earn a discount on the price of the engine, but I think this rumor is completely meaningless.

So, for Renault would remain Felipe Nasr and Sergey Sirotkin. Of these two drivers, who goes to Renault is the driver who has more money. Probably will be Nasr.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

As far as I see things Renault is a major automotive manufacturer, not a small privateer. There were articles at the end of last year saying they had "Mercedes money" invested in their F1 programme, and statements from Abiteboul recently that the investment had been increased to "accelerate the five-year plan." So I really don't see that they would select any driver based primarily on their income or sponsors. Unless you guys know something I don't?

Paul

Unless the race drivers bin it in every session, they aren't essential for a 5-year plan. Arguably the simulator driver is more important than race drivers. See Mercedes- they signed Hamilton when the world-beater car was already done and he hasn't been doing too badly.

Vasconia

edu2703 wrote:My opnion: One of Renault seats is already of Esteban Ocon. Only remains to define who will be his teammate.

Danish journalists are pessimistic about the permanence of Kevin Magnussen at Renault. They claim that the deadline for the renewal of his contract expires on the end of this month. If Renault doesn't renew until the end of this month, he's out.

Renault is interested in Ségio Pérez, Valtteri Bottas and Carlos Sainz Jr.

Pérez gives signs that he will stay at Force India.

Williams will do everything to keep Bottas on the team because in 2017, rules will change and they will need an experienced driver to develop the car.

Carlos Sainz Jr. already signed with Toro Rosso. Reanult will have to pay a fine if they really want to have him on the team. Recently, was published a rumor by spanish newspaper MARCA that Sainz Jr. would go to Renault for Toro Rosso earn a discount on the price of the engine, but I think this rumor is completely meaningless.

So, for Renault would remain Felipe Nasr and Sergey Sirotkin. Of these two drivers, who goes to Renault is the driver who has more money. Probably will be Nasr.
MARCA insists on this aspect, yesterday they said that the negotiatons are being acelerated and Renault could agree in reducing the price of the PU for Red Bull.

If Sergio Perez stays in FI because he will be at Ferrari in 2017, Sainz is the most interesting option. He is a talented guy, very young and he will be very commited to success with Renault.

I can understand why Renault would choose Perez, he is very talented and he would deliver from the very first momento. But Renault´s project is focused more on 2018 than 2017 so they need a commmited driver who can wait another season before they are truly competitive.

Anyway I expect a stronger Renault in 2017.

Facts Only
Facts Only

ChrisDanger wrote: So I really don't see that they would select any driver based primarily on their income or sponsors. Unless you guys know something I don't?
They wouldnt select them based primarily on on income/sponsors but when you have the choice between two fairly evenly matched drivers like a Perez and a Hulkenberg but one brings with them an extra $20m who would you choose? They'll take the Perez because thats either $20m extra to fund performance or $20m less for the Renault board to justify spending.

I like Perez and I think he is one of the best options out there for any team. He definitely has speed, he now has good experience as well as a flair for picking up good results when availiable AND he brings money.

I think Renault would be silly to miss him and FIF1 even sillier to let him escape.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

skoop
skoop

I think Carlos is completly comitted to Red Bull and his ultimate Goal is to get a seat over there. So I highly doubt that he will become a Renault driver, even though I would like to see him at Renault

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I think that rather depends on 2017, on how he will cope against Gasly.
Whether its Verstappen's fault or Sainz fault, fact is that the 2 of them in 1 team caused mayhem and problems, so one might ponder whether RB is willing to take that pairing under their wings, which suggests Sainz would do good to keep his eyes open elsewhere.

Vasconia

I´m with Manoah2u. RB will be Verstappen´s realm so it would be an intelligent strategy to seek another good seat. Renault will be a growing Project and they had a good experience with another Spaniard so I am 100% convinced that it would be a good move, a Little bit risky, but better than to stay in TR.

Well the only problem between VP and Sainz was that the first one ignored the team orders and he was not criticized by the team while the other respected the team orders in the majority of the cases.

Jolle
Jolle

Vasconia wrote:I´m with Manoah2u. RB will be Verstappen´s realm so it would be an intelligent strategy to seek another good seat. Renault will be a growing Project and they had a good experience with another Spaniard so I am 100% convinced that it would be a good move, a Little bit risky, but better than to stay in TR.

Well the only problem between VP and Sainz was that the first one ignored the team orders and he was not criticized by the team while the other respected the team orders in the majority of the cases.
For Sainz, I could imagine that he is staying with TR for 2017, still having a chance on a RedBull seat for 2018 but having a deal with Renault for that same year if that seat doesn't come available.

He's smart, so he would have multiple long term options.