2016 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, Apr 15 - 17

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
giantfan10
giantfan10

Re: 2016 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai, Apr 15 - 17

GoodYearGrip wrote:Hello Lads,

My first post here on F1technical. Been watching F1 for about 40 years now, first race I saw was when I was about 7 years old (live) in Canada at Mosport. Love the sport can't get enough, actually.
Just wanted to give a tip of the hat to Red Bull, Dani Kvyat, and Dani Ricciardio! Car's looking good. =D>

Kvyat is the star of the race in my books, blasting past Vettel into the first corner, charging and throwing the car around as James Hunt would say. Nothing happened between Vettel and him, so I can't understand the rant against Dani- after all, this is F1 not a macramé competion- racing is the game...However, I can understand the Sergio was in China and that Seb needs to shift the blame for his spearing of Kimi to someone else! Nothing new here, this is Vettel's character, blame others for his defecits and he wants to avoid internal strife at Ferrari. Vettel needs Kimi more than Kimi needs Vettel. 8)

Lastly, I wonder where the good man Lewis will end up next year, it seems to me that he is already the sacrificial driver at Mercedes! Maybe Red Bull or in red at Ferrari. I would like to know if Seb has a veto-driver option in his contract... 8)

Well lads, thanks for allowing me the two cents. Look forward to the comments and remarks
Complete nonsense is highlighted in bold. how is kvyat the star of the race when he finished third? he had a clean race with no damage and allowed a car with a twice damaged front wing and steering problems that at one point was 12th or worse beat him.
IMHO it shows the lack of performance in the red bull.. circumstances all weekend flattered their true pace.

PlatinumZealot

I know he won the race but Rosberg was a little too excited on the podium....
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: 2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Words can't explain how much i hate Vettel....Kvyat did absolutly nothing wrong.....Idiot!
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

RicME85

PlatinumZealot wrote:I know he won the race but Rosberg was a little too excited on the podium....
He is intolerable with that !@*#
His car is clearly the best but he acts like it was a hard fought battle all race long.

GoodYearGrip

giantfan10 wrote:
GoodYearGrip wrote:Hello Lads,

My first post here on F1technical. Been watching F1 for about 40 years now, first race I saw was when I was about 7 years old (live) in Canada at Mosport. Love the sport can't get enough, actually.
Just wanted to give a tip of the hat to Red Bull, Dani Kvyat, and Dani Ricciardio! Car's looking good. =D>

Kvyat is the star of the race in my books, blasting past Vettel into the first corner, charging and throwing the car around as James Hunt would say. Nothing happened between Vettel and him, so I can't understand the rant against Dani- after all, this is F1 not a macramé competion- racing is the game...However, I can understand the Sergio was in China and that Seb needs to shift the blame for his spearing of Kimi to someone else! Nothing new here, this is Vettel's character, blame others for his defecits and he wants to avoid internal strife at Ferrari. Vettel needs Kimi more than Kimi needs Vettel. 8)

Lastly, I wonder where the good man Lewis will end up next year, it seems to me that he is already the sacrificial driver at Mercedes! Maybe Red Bull or in red at Ferrari. I would like to know if Seb has a veto-driver option in his contract... 8)

Well lads, thanks for allowing me the two cents. Look forward to the comments and remarks
Complete nonsense is highlighted in bold. how is kvyat the star of the race when he finished third? he had a clean race with no damage and allowed a car with a twice damaged front wing and steering problems that at one point was 12th or worse beat him.
IMHO it shows the lack of performance in the red bull.. circumstances all weekend flattered their true pace.

Exactly, Dani Kvyat finished third in a car that has made a quantum leap forward with a Renault PU that is perhaps third/forth best and now they are challenging the top teams. I give credit where it is due and Kyvat excelled in the race. I can understand that you do not see it this way but, that is your opinion. :lol:
There is no nonsense, it is my reading and interpretation of the situation at Ferrari. :D
If you're never over eight-tenths or whatever, because you're thinking about a shunt, you're not going as quick as you can. And if you're not doing that, you're not a racing driver

Gilles Villeneuve

PlatinumZealot

RicME85 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:I know he won the race but Rosberg was a little too excited on the podium....
His car is clearly the best but he acts like it was a hard fought battle all race long.
The dude has the nerve to have a semi-erection right in everyone's faces. What a twat!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

GoodYearGrip

PlatinumZealot wrote:
RicME85 wrote:
The dude has the nerve to have a semi-erection right in everyone's faces. What a twat!

Wasn't Nico referred to as Britney by a good portion of the drivers? See here:

http://forums.autosport.com/topic/13491 ... beautiful/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR0BEt_AtlI =D>
If you're never over eight-tenths or whatever, because you're thinking about a shunt, you're not going as quick as you can. And if you're not doing that, you're not a racing driver

Gilles Villeneuve

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

PlatinumZealot wrote:
RicME85 wrote:
I'm sure he was happy to win, and that his fans enjoyed his display. You just sound like those that hated Vettel's finger, but are now simply playing a slightly different tune. Sad.

Chene_Mostert

PlatinumZealot wrote:
RicME85 wrote:
Yes, it's hard to swallow but we must accept that that '16 and '17 Nico will be the selected WDC for Mercedes, Lewis had his turn in '14 and '15, all part of the Mercedes "equal opportunity" philosophy. :(
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

Sniffit

People think Seb and/or Kvyat acted bad, that's nothing compared to Grosjean, normally I think he seems like a good dude but today? What a complete asshole. Celebrating his 30th by acting like 12.

flynfrog

We just had one of the better races to watch in 2 years and you guys are crying about how the guy that won the race over celebrated. Man those grapes must be sour. I'm sure we can find something better to talk about than driver bashing.

Mandrake
Mandrake

I see the Kvyat move as some kind of a divebomb, just not in a direct braking zone. With the speed he had he needed to rely on both Ferraris to give way. It wasn't the most precise move by Vettel but he was inevitably going to hit either Raikkonen or Kvyat......maybe if he braked a little more but who knows who would have run into his back.

Kvyat already lost the corner on entry and tried to cover with a questionable move. For him it worked, for others it didn't (also cost his team mate a shot at victory with the puncture.

GPR-A duplicate2

flynfrog wrote:We just had one of the better races to watch in 2 years and you guys are crying about how the guy that won the race over celebrated. Man those grapes must be sour. I'm sure we can find something better to talk about than driver bashing.
One of the better races in 2 years? Competition, is about head on racing between almost equals. Not between one clean car ahead and the contenders with damaged cars. If that is how you like it, it smells quite differently.
I am definitely not questioning Nico's celebration, because as a driver he has been and is bound to go through tough times and whenever a victory comes, it is always worth celebrating.

holeindalip
holeindalip

GPR-A wrote:
flynfrog wrote:We just had one of the better races to watch in 2 years and you guys are crying about how the guy that won the race over celebrated. Man those grapes must be sour. I'm sure we can find something better to talk about than driver bashing.
One of the better races in 2 years? Competition, is about head on racing between almost equals. Not between one clean car ahead and the contenders with damaged cars. If that is how you like it, it smells quite differently.
I am definitely not questioning Nico's celebration, because as a driver he has been and is bound to go through tough times and whenever a victory comes, it is always worth celebrating.
100% agree, with Lewis as your teammate and being beaten every year you better relish every victory you can get

basti313
basti313

GPR-A wrote:
Well, 2012 was the last year with at least some competition for the win. Since 2013 in 90% of the cases the team leading in turn one will finish 1-2. So you should already be used to a car disappearing in the front.
The rest was an incredible race of comebacks from Ham, Vet, Ric and Rai. I think there was nothing better when it comes to real fights on the track and overtaking in the last years.
GPR-A wrote: I am definitely not questioning Nico's celebration, because as a driver he has been and is bound to go through tough times and whenever a victory comes, it is always worth celebrating.
You do not need a "because". Every driver is celebrating when he wins. This whole discussion is just heavy fanboyism.
Don`t russel the hamster!